PDA

View Full Version : Look Out, World!

Overlay
07-06-2007, 04:22 PM
...or at least the part around McAlester, Oklahoma.

My daughter passed the written test for her learner's permit (on the third try). (Another jolt to the insurance rates coming up, but I'm happy for her, anyway!)(One more milestone along the road to the empty nest.)

bigmack
07-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Remind her to park on the street to keep the nest as empty as possible

http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/woman-driver.jpg

JustRalph
07-06-2007, 07:17 PM
reminds me of the show "Taxi" where Rev. Jim is taking the drivers test...........

"slow down" .........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-aYkQvmKBI

Overlay, teach her well..............

GaryG
07-06-2007, 07:21 PM
I think that picture was taken right down the road from here....:eek:

Overlay
05-22-2009, 09:36 AM
That same daughter graduates from high school today.

Congratulations, dear!

Tom
05-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Congrats!
Proud day for Dad, huh? :ThmbUp:

witchdoctor
05-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Congrats,

Just went thru that up here in Tulsa with my oldest son. The first month when they solo is nerve racking. I feel fairly confident in his driving now. My youngest son is another story altogether. Only 14, he is already pushing me to get a Ferrari so he can get it as a "hand me down" when he turns 16. I shdder to think what the insurance would be on a Ferrari in the hands of a 16 year old boy. I also can't imagine buying a car that cost more than my house.

banacek
05-22-2009, 10:03 AM
That same daughter graduates from high school today.

Congratulations, dear!

Congrats. I am at the same point..my oldest daughter is doing her road test next week and graduates in three weeks. Time does fly..

jballscalls
05-22-2009, 11:38 AM
congratulations!! i dont have any children and probably won't, but i have to imagine it's an amazing feeling to watch them step into adulthood and into their lives.

Congrats again to a deservedly proud papa!

toetoe
05-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Congrats on the graduation of Oversteer. :ThmbUp: .

My youngest child graduates from COLLEGE next month. :faint: .

Overlay
05-22-2009, 06:14 PM
My youngest child graduates from COLLEGE next month. :faint: .

In June, we're going up to New Hampshire for our son's college graduation, then he'll be off to Harvard Law in the fall. (He's on his own dime from now on, though.)(As a co-worker said to me, "You know what this means, don't you? Now you'll be getting into a better class of nursing home.")

slewis
05-22-2009, 06:28 PM
My nephew just got his license 6 months ago in the state of NY.. living in NYC.

His price for insurance .. get this.. EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS for the first year.

That's $8,000... ..

And we're not talking Sports car...... we're tallking 1998 Toyota Camary... and NO FIRE AND THEFT.....

That'll keep the youngans off the road...or maybe not:rolleyes:

sandpit
05-23-2009, 01:33 AM
My nephew just got his license 6 months ago in the state of NY.. living in NYC.

His price for insurance .. get this.. EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS for the first year.

That's $8,000... ..

And we're not talking Sports car...... we're tallking 1998 Toyota Camary... and NO FIRE AND THEFT.....

That'll keep the youngans off the road...or maybe not:rolleyes:

Ridiculous...when my buddy moved to NYC right out of college, he sold his car and didn't own one for the first 12 years he lived there...said it was easier walking or riding the subway. Probably saved himself a ton of money too.

Overlay
11-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Got her permanent license today. Woo-hoo! (That just leaves getting her through college, and seeing her and her big brother set up on their own (married or not).)

Dave Schwartz
11-10-2009, 02:12 PM
I am reminded of an old friend who came from a family of 11 children. (Cold weather state.)

He said that whenever one of them graduated from high school they always got the same graduation present from their parents: a typewriter and a suitcase.

Time to go. <G>

Dave

Overlay
06-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Married her off this evening. (Still one year of college to go, though.)

PaceAdvantage
07-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Congrats! It's fun seeing how this thread has developed over the years! All positive too I might add!

Tom
07-01-2013, 03:01 PM
:ThmbUp: Nicely played, Dad!

fast4522
07-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Married her off this evening. (Still one year of college to go, though.)

It just goes to show everyone that happy story's exist, not that many will see them in the news. A great one for the positive column, best wishes and safe passage for you and yours.

Overlay
12-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Graduated this morning from East Central University in Ada, Oklahoma, with her bachelor's degree in mathematics education.

Next hurdle: the three-part state teacher's certification test. (She's been a secondary-level student teacher since September, but has to pass the state test to be fully accredited.)

Onward and upward!

JustRalph
12-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Nice work :ThmbUp:

Greyfox
12-13-2014, 07:47 PM
Well done! :ThmbUp:

Tom
12-13-2014, 10:04 PM
Congrats! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Overlay
07-15-2017, 09:14 AM
She was just notified that she passed her Oklahoma state teacher's certification exam (on her third try), so now she can start putting her degree to work. Next priority: Find a math teaching job.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-15-2017, 09:36 AM
...or at least the part around McAlester, Oklahoma.

My daughter passed the written test for her learner's permit (on the third try). (Another jolt to the insurance rates coming up, but I'm happy for her, anyway!)(One more milestone along the road to the empty nest.)

Hey, I thought pride was a sin. :cool:

Congrats to your daughter. They sure grow up fast.

Tom
07-15-2017, 10:08 AM
Congrats!
Good things DO happen to good people! :headbanger:

barahona44
07-15-2017, 11:42 AM
She was just notified that she passed her Oklahoma state teacher's certification exam (on her third try), so now she can start putting her degree to work. Next priority: Find a math teaching job.

Math teacher?There are some places (like where I used to teach) that will hire you as a math teacher if you could count to ten.:D

She shouldn't have much of a problem getting a position given the nationwide shortage of math teachers. If she wants a job in Oklahoma, I'd imagine given the state's steady growth, she should find a job SOONER than later.:)

Tell her congratulations and although it isn't always easy, there are a lot of rewards.To this day, I still smile or chuckle to myself over some of the things my students said or did.

And you get your summers off! :jump:

davew
07-15-2017, 11:46 AM
congrats - it is too bad every state needs their own certification and licensing which makes interstate movement more difficult.