View Full Version : Overheard At The Simo

Pace Cap'n
07-05-2007, 11:42 PM
1) A stretch duel is developing..."COME ON, LASIX, KICK IN!!!!"

2) "It was either cut the grass or come to the races, so I flipped a coin. Had
to flip it three more times, but here I am."

Ron
07-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Come on with the 7. COME ON WITH THE 7. COME ON WITH THE 7!!!!!

boomman
07-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Best one I EVER heard....At Turf Paradise years ago. a guy was yelling "sloopy 6" "sloopy 6"...finally after hearing this the entire length of the stretch, I said to the guy: "Ok I'll bite, what does that mean"? He said:

Hang on!!!!!:D :D :D

Boomer

Dan Montilion
07-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Here is one between two horseplayers I heard in the BM clubhouse...

HP1. How ya doin?

HP2. I'm the Rodney King and Reginald Denny of horse racing.

HP1. What?

HP2. Thier beating the shit out of me!

Hard2Like
07-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Gotta love the guys rootin' their lungs out watching the replays.

Ron
07-06-2007, 12:56 PM
I don't go to OTB anymore, but I remember there were guys there that used to make kissing noises during the race. What is that all about?

statik27
07-06-2007, 01:54 PM
I remember one guy at my local OTB that would start saying the S-word as soon as the horses left the gate and continue until they crossed the wire. Someone counted one time during a 6f race at belmont and I think he topped 80 during the running of the race.

Tom
07-06-2007, 02:52 PM
I don't go to OTB anymore, but I remember there were guys there that used to make kissing noises during the race. What is that all about?

Were they standing behind you? :eek:

bigmack
07-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Were they standing behind you? :eek:
And did they ask him to squeal like a piggy?

http://llamabutchers.mu.nu/archives/deliverance%20mighty%20purty%20mouth.jpeg

Ron
07-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Umm, no and no.

tomcalta
07-06-2007, 03:57 PM
haha...

Ron- a rider might do this to get his horse to go faster. Horsemen may do it to get the horse to move. Just a habit from working around horses. Same thing with clucking. I dont think ive seen it make the horse on the screen move faster... but maybe. I guess its better than yelling expletives.

JustRalph
07-06-2007, 07:20 PM
You haven't lived until you have heard my wife yell at the screen.......at home of course.........

"spank em! Spank em!"

Zman179
07-06-2007, 09:01 PM
I remember one guy at my local OTB that would start saying the S-word as soon as the horses left the gate and continue until they crossed the wire. Someone counted one time during a 6f race at belmont and I think he topped 80 during the running of the race.

Better to say it than to do it.

wonatthewire1
07-06-2007, 09:08 PM
used to go to the MED > there would be one guy who would stand to the side of the monitor board, snap his fingers, spin his hand in the air, put it in his pocket and repeat (continuously)

With the Joisey accents - "Where's Calders?" (there used to be a store chain named that). "Where's Momitt? (for Monmouth). One guy who could barely see always asking which monitor had which track.

"Tony Black on the rail!"

The hustlers sitting in the seats in front of the entrance.

Don't miss those days...though I've been known to say "kick his a** on the turn" with my forever stalking wager

BIG RED
07-06-2007, 09:12 PM
How about a grown man, squatting moving up and down like he was riding the horse, hitting his ass with the program, yelling "Come on, Come on!!", in front of the Big Screen inside.

SAD

GaryG
07-06-2007, 09:14 PM
You haven't lived until you have heard my wife yell at the screen.......at home of course.........

"spank em! Spank em!"When my wife gets excited watching a race the dog freaks out....doesn't know what got into her mommy.

Big Bill
07-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Two guys walking from the parking lot toward the entrance to the track and one says to the other, "I hope I can break even today as my kid needs a new pair of shoes".

Big Bill

Kelso
07-07-2007, 12:21 AM

"spank em! Spank em!"

Uhh, to be certain .... you're not dyslexic, are you? :D