PDA

View Full Version : Any help for Monmouth?

Good4Now
07-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Had the t.v. on and saw it is raining at the Jersey Shore. Their website had the track listed as muddy for the first, on t.v. it was sloppy for the second.
Yesterday they ran a new track record for 6 furlongs.
Do any of you have an opinion on how the track plays as it dries out?

From the General racing discussion section comments on the new track record some one posted that the dirt surface is NEW this year.

john del riccio
07-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Had the t.v. on and saw it is raining at the Jersey Shore. Their website had the track listed as muddy for the first, on t.v. it was sloppy for the second.
Yesterday they ran a new track record for 6 furlongs.
Do any of you have an opinion on how the track plays as it dries out?

From the General racing discussion section comments on the new track record some one posted that the dirt surface is NEW this year.

MTH has been a very speed favoring strip most of the meet, it speeds up tremendeously when it gets any mositure. There was a span over a little more than a week where they added sand and slowed it down alot. But, aftre some rain its back to being a speed favoring track. The MTH of old would be death on the rail when it was drying out. No conclusive evidence on the new surface.

John

tomcalta
07-05-2007, 04:01 PM
I totally agree, i normally like the rail at MTH but when its raining i think its the wettest part of the track. I would stick with slots near the middle of the track.

point given
07-05-2007, 04:23 PM
No play track dry out . Save money sunny day !

Good4Now
07-05-2007, 06:46 PM
the input!

I will try to make the best use of it I can!

Thanks again!