PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Race 1 early odds

Ron
07-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Wow they are intersesting right now. Someone put some money down on the 2.

Ron
07-04-2007, 12:50 PM
They put some money in the show pool on him as well.

sjk
07-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Wonder if my vcash depressed the odds.

Milleruszk
07-04-2007, 02:52 PM
#2 Ballymist was 20-1 on the morning line. At 60 minutes to post his odds to win were 1-2! At first, I thought that he was 12-1 which would have been too short for this horse considering he hadn't beaten one horse in his last 3 races, losing all 3 by double digits. Looking at the win pool at the time it looked like someone had made $5000.00 + win bet on Ballymist. I thought that it was some sort of mistake. I figured someone had placed the bet on the wrong horse and the odds would be corrected. His odds gradually drifted up and he went off at 5-1. Ballymist was out of the gate like a shot had the lead at the 1/2 and then faded finishing 7th in the 9 horse field. Someone thought they knew something.

NYPlayer
07-05-2007, 08:28 PM
#2 Ballymist was 20-1 on the morning line. At 60 minutes to post his odds to win were 1-2! At first, I thought that he was 12-1 which would have been too short for this horse considering he hadn't beaten one horse in his last 3 races, losing all 3 by double digits. Looking at the win pool at the time it looked like someone had made $5000.00 + win bet on Ballymist. I thought that it was some sort of mistake. I figured someone had placed the bet on the wrong horse and the odds would be corrected. His odds gradually drifted up and he went off at 5-1. Ballymist was out of the gate like a shot had the lead at the 1/2 and then faded finishing 7th in the 9 horse field. Someone thought they knew something.

Her last three races were relatively meaningless. On the sheets and in DRF she had the best top figure of anyone in the field, and her form in general was was better this year than it was last year (based on the sheets), and she also had some extra time off. Still, I would have needed at least 10-1 to make the play because it still was pretty risky.

I wound up betting the 8 Key to Susan which I was more confident would one of her better races. On the negative side, the 8 was an outside post and she was not quite as strong numbers-wise as some of the others, but she was 10-1, so I made the play. She finished fifth beaten six lengths after running four wide on the turn. Oh well...