PDA

View Full Version : TURFDAY SUPERSTATS

Hajck Hillstrom
07-02-2007, 09:04 PM
I just got back from Las Vegas, where I realized how handicapped I am handicapping from the various racebooks around town. Some were kind enough to allow the use of my laptop, but Nevada law doesn't allow the transmitting to or receiving from the internet.

Awhile back, my wagering level at Youbet comped the use of Turfday Superstats. I have found this tool to be incredibly useful in my analysis and adopted it as an vital part of my methodology. Now, living up here in Seattle, sometimes I get a little comfortable living in the shadows, but I just realized that these stats are compiled by Bob Selvin (Turfday) here on Pace Advantage, and just wanted to take a moment to tip my cap to him and ask if others find these stats as useful as I do.

While in Las Vegas, I was able to access the Turfday Superstats while up in my room, but couldn't while wagering in the books. I quickly realized that it was like having a limb amputated.

Are there others here that find this data as useful as I do? I don't want to sound like a commercial, but you can really find some gems in these stats, and just as useful is the data that can stear you away from short price favorites. I could elaborate, but suffice it to say that I have found handicapping a race card without Turfday Superstats is akin to reading the past performances.... with your eyes closed.

I just wanted to publicly express my appreciation to Bob Selvin for taking my game to a new level, and helping to keep me out of the Nevada Racebooks. Until the day comes when I have to move to Las Vegas, you can find me with my laptop on one of the Seattle/Bainbridge Island ferries from noon to one, Friday - Sunday. (58 Flat's time slot) I hope I haven't crossed any lines here, as I was rereading this post it appears to have the look of an endorsement, and it is, but definitely an unsolicited one.

I'm just curious who else is using this data? :ThmbUp:

Carry on, Carry on,

Hajck

Light
07-02-2007, 10:32 PM
I use em all the time. Very helpful.Occasionally find a horse the public is not betting but should simply because they are not aware of the sires excellent record with FTS's or FT turf or routes. I keep an Excel database of noteworthy sires based on TD stats. It gets pretty interesting checking sire stats.The other thing is their database is updated regularly as opposed to buying breeding stat books whose data is outdated in a few months along with no data on new sires on the scene since the book came out.

Won a contest once using their TJ combos stats,no handicapping. The trainer "BVA" Betting Value Average" is also a very nice feature. I have used it at times like mutuel funds,basically finding longshots where trainers are returning a positive ROI in those situations. I dont use TD as my primary handicapping tool,but it does fill in some gaps.

Turfday
07-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Some major improvements are in the offing.

Hajck Hillstrom
07-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Some major improvements are in the offing.Major?

My curiousity has been piqued.

Thanks again. I wish I had documented Turfday's SuperStats impact on my bottom line over the last few of years, but suffice it to say, they were my best years ever! :cool:

Carry on, Carry on,

Hajck