PDA

View Full Version : 9/5

LOU M.
12-12-2002, 08:09 PM
Anybody who thinks this game can be legitimite I would like to hear from. Check out the results from Hawthorne today . This is BULL$%%$$#$%^.

Lefty
12-12-2002, 08:59 PM
Lou, What? I played Haw today, I had a $51+ horse there today?
Any race in particular you thght was bogus?

Zaf
12-12-2002, 10:11 PM
6 Betting favorites won

3 longshots won

It seems that both the chalk players and long shot players could of been happy.

What up ?

Nice hit on the 51.00 horse lefty, he ran like a 1-5 shot.

ZAFONIC

LOU M.
12-13-2002, 07:44 AM
It must be that chance thing again. The five horse finishes second in five races. In the second, probably should have one but the inquiry was disallowed which would have made the exacta several hundred more. Then the 1 and 8 win two other exactas.Huge prices and inexplainable form reversals.Every once in awhile okay, every other race I don't think so. Nice hit Lefty, I never seem to ferret out those long ones on top.

levinmpa
12-13-2002, 09:46 AM
For years I've heard people blame their losses or bad luck on "the game is fixed". I always tell them the same thing. Why are you playing a game that you think is fixed? Part of the attraction of this sport is being right and beating the other guy. Sometimes the results of a race or a card for that matter, make you scratch your head. Just remember, if every race was formful, there wouldn't be any longshots, and as far as I'm concerned there wouldn't be a sport. Don't look at it from the perspective of just "today's" results. You have to look at it from a long term perspective. There are plenty of days where the biggest price on the card is 3/1 or 7/2. I don't think anyone claims the fix is in on those days. You can't have it both ways.

ranchwest
12-13-2002, 12:06 PM
The five horse finishing second in five races makes it illegitimate? Maybe you need to play roullette.

LOU M.
12-13-2002, 03:05 PM
Didn't they just suspend a trainer yesterday for illegal drugs. I've been playing here in Chicago for 30 years and there are several trainers an inch away from losing their license but we have a racing board that is made up of spineless jellyfish. You sit in the OTB and watch people sitting around then their cellphone rings,they go up to the window ,bet, watch the race and go back up to the window and collect.Do you think these people are getting a call from their grandmother and boxing their birthday. Look at the last day of Churchill and some of the results at Turfway .I'm not looking for an excuse because I lost a race. ^%$##happens all the time.Are all races fixed NO. Are some races fixed,absolutely.If you don't beleive it sobeit.It's just my opinion.

tanda
12-13-2002, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the rant, Lou-ser.

ranchwest
12-13-2002, 04:45 PM
Lou, I'm not sure where you're coming from. First, you are upset about which saddle cloth number crosses the wire, then it is drugs. Then, there's someone on a cell phone waiting for a fix to come in.

Personally, I think that if a horse shows to be ready, then the trainer almost has to let the horse run. Sometimes he was ready last time and that can make him a false favorite. But, even if they hop him up, he's gonna do better if he was already ready. Look for the ready horse.

Be patient, some folks win without cell phones.

LOU M.
12-13-2002, 04:47 PM
Tanda, you can believe whatever you want but the only loser here is you for getting personal. Feel free to disprove anything I've said.

LOU M.
12-13-2002, 04:50 PM
One question. Does anyone think it never happens?

ranchwest
12-13-2002, 05:14 PM
There is a lot of gray area about what is cheating. But, yes, I've personally witnessed incredible cheating. Do I think it happens often? No, as I am finding enough predictable races to make a profit.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in reducing drug usage, etc. So, when offered lemons, make lemonade. We have to do the best we can with what we've got.

Sometimes it is frustrating, though.

anotherdave
12-13-2002, 05:27 PM
Yes, I think cheating happens, but I don't worry about that 5 came second 5 times or the 1/8 exacta came in twice. I don't get why that is shady. Can you explain.

AD

JimG
12-13-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by LOU M.
One question. Does anyone think it never happens?

Do I think "someone" decides the "5" is gonna be second several times in a card?? Of course not.

Do I think certain players at your OTB with a cellphone are determining who wins in Chicago? Of course not

Do I think horses sometimes race with illegal drugs? Yes..Do I think those same horses necessarily win....No

Do I think jockeys don't perservere with mounts? At times. Usually upon instructions from the trainer that the race is a workout.

Do I think the vast majority of trainers and jockeys are trying to win? Absolutely!

Do I think it is wasted time to worry about the guy on the cellphone or what numbers are winning, placing, etc.? Absolutely!! Take responsibility for your bets and try to win with careful analysis at your track of choice looking for patterns.

Above all else, best of luck!

Jim

LOU M.
12-13-2002, 06:44 PM
I agree some time coincidence some time not. Lets move on and make each other a better handicapper. My final post on this. Thanks LOU M.

Zaf
12-13-2002, 07:57 PM
Cheating happens in all walks of life.

1) The Race track.
2) The Stock Market
3) Doctors cheating medicare
4) Lawyers
5) Auto Mechanics

Are all doctors, trainers, auto mechanics , lawyers cheats ? No
There are bad apples in all walks of life.

Most of the above are honest.

If you do not like Haw , bet AQU or PHA or TUP or TP or HOL.

You have many choices.

ZAFONIC