PDA

View Full Version : HandicappingOS vs HTR vs HSH

Bob G
07-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Can somebody who's used HandicappingOS and also either/both of HTR/HSH give me an idea of how they compare in what they offer and, possibly, how they do?

richrosa
07-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Bob,

Thanks for inquiring and looking for more information about HOS. Unfortunately, this sort of thread has been started before, and received no responses. I'll attribute it to a very strong possibility that Ken Massa (HTR) and Dave Schwartz (HSH) both have very fine programs, and more importantly are very well-liked and respected in this community, so much so that even is a user is now using HOS, their respect for these gentlemen exceeds their interest in suggesting differences between the programs.

Like HTR and HSH, HOS is a fine program. The major difference being the delivery mechanism (web vs. installed program) and price ($99 per month, no software to buy, ever, or free with Premier Turf Club promotion). HOS has a demo site at demo.handicappingos.com where you can retro handicap the 2006 Saratoga meet and the 2006-07 Sam Houston meet.

Also, HOS has a website at www.handicappingos.com and a forum, that while not used often enough contains good information. Our forums would be used plenty more if I wasn't on the phone or on instant messenger with the user base as often as I am. I also do webinars and special events. We held a 2 hour 15 minute webinar last night for new users, that hopefully one of the attendees comments about.

Lastly, if you're still unclear about the features of HOS, we could talk through them. As far as differences go, we all use HDW data, but I haven't ever used HTR or HSH to comment about any specifics.

pat
07-02-2007, 07:01 PM
I attended last nights webinar and was impressed with richs program
While he was demonstrating his program he handicapped 3 live races ,NOT PAST POSTING(2 hollywood , 1 mountaineer) which produced 2 triples and the other horse won after finishing 2nd on a dq .Progarm ha s a nice feature which selects most likely winner and best value that done very well

richrosa
07-02-2007, 07:24 PM
we had two winners of the 3. The HOL race on the DQ, and the MNR race which I believe the winner paid $14.80.

Thanks for attending Pat. It was a fun two hours.

46zilzal
07-03-2007, 11:52 AM
In Rich Rosa you find a fellow who both knows the software, in and out, knows horse racing, in and out, and knows WHEN to capitalize on that knowledge. His software is Sartin based and is well put together......

DanG
07-03-2007, 11:59 AM
I'll attribute it to a very strong possibility that Ken Massa (HTR) and Dave Schwartz (HSH) both have very fine programs, and more importantly are very well-liked and respected in this community, so much so that even is a user is now using HOS, their respect for these gentlemen exceeds their interest in suggesting differences between the programs.

I can’t speak to Rich’s software, but this paragraph speaks to his integrity. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp: