PDA

View Full Version : Suburban

the_fat_man
06-30-2007, 05:09 PM
I've thought, since the Jazil race that Corninthian wants no part of 1 1/4 miles. He was ripe for the taking in the race right after that but Hesanoldsalt wouldn't go by him in the stretch (combine a hanger with a poor ride and the results are typically not favorable).

Anyway, Corinthian has been good to me but I don't think he gets the job done today. And considering the field, that might be a bold comment.

Of course, I just signed on with some new people for contract work, and they've LOADED me up with it, so I haven't had a chance to look at the race in any detail.

Which means, I DON't HAVE AN OPINION.

Of course, I could always do the ALL BUTTON, and exclude Corinthian, in the win spot. I'd rather just not have an opinion.

PaceAdvantage
06-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Man, you and I have been on the same page lately....I am drooling to bet against Corinthian here as the favorite.

I really like Fairbanks in this spot, and I think you're getting a bargain with Corinthian sucking up all that money.

Tee
06-30-2007, 05:15 PM
I like the first two post positions.

PaceAdvantage
06-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Caught the very decent $49 exacta in that race by completely throwing out Corinthian....too bad Fairbanks couldn't hold off Political Force, or it would have been a much, much better result...lol

the_fat_man
06-30-2007, 05:23 PM
And they STRUGGLED to get home.

I wonder why those trainers with 'natural' routers in their barns, maybe a notch below this field (if that's possible) didn't take a chance today.

It's a GRADE 1, won by a horse that was looking for a gas station midstretch, being pursued by a bunch of other horses that were on oxygen by the time they entered the stretch.

Tom
06-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Jerkins.....won it today, and in.........19friggin' 62 !!!!?!

DanG
06-30-2007, 05:30 PM
I've thought, since the Jazil race that Corninthian wants no part of 1 1/4 miles. He was ripe for the taking in the race right after that but Hesanoldsalt wouldn't go by him in the stretch.

Anyway, Corinthian has been good to me but I don't think he gets the job done today.

Good call Fats / Mike;

Old school Jerkins there…Run a big Met mile and drop the hammer in the morning with 14 + strong furlongs.

Evening Attire was actually making a bid for 3rd….Amazing at 9yo!!! :jump:

john del riccio
06-30-2007, 06:58 PM
I think when it comes to races at 1 1/4, guys like Alan Jerkens know what it takes. I wish they'd run more 1/4 handicaps.

John

JustRalph
06-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Evening Attire was actually making a bid for 3rd….Amazing at 9yo!!! :jump:

That's the horse that I wanted to Bring up in the "closers" thread.....couldn't remember his name................

GARY Z
07-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Corinthian beat Political Force by 3/4 of a length in the Met

the Chief worked PC 8fg on 6/23..

PF became the value of the Jerkens clan

if stately Pegasus or Your Hour's up won the 10th, I'd be sharing
the pick 6/pick 4nwith many people

instead, lost $48 (net)

ugh....