PDA

View Full Version : Arlington

bigmack
06-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Last summer, horses were suffering injuries at a higher than usual rate. Uninformed television and newspaper reporters flocked, all in search of the mystery behind Arlington's perceived "death zone".

People are coming to the track. The buzz is back. It's not cicada-like, but you can feel the energy.

What a difference a summer makes.

Arlington's Average Exotic Wager Payoffs (May 4 - June 24)

$2 Daily Double -- $114
$2 Exacta -- $109
$1 Trifecta -- $409
$1 Superfecta -- $3,388
$1 Pick 3 -- $562
$1 Pick 4 -- $3,160

http://www.ntra.com/content.aspx?type=feature&id=26187

gIracing
06-30-2007, 05:47 PM
word's can't describe how much I love arlington this year. the field sizes, the payouts, John Dooley.. doesn't get any better

Bruddah
06-30-2007, 06:31 PM
and loved evrything about the track, racing and the friends I made. I hated it when I first transferred away. The only things, I could never comprehend, were the winters. (80 below wind chills etc.) Also, how the track could keep burning to the ground. After they rebuilt it, was it the second or third time, it was all steel and concrete, covered in fire retardant. A tough thing to set a match to. :lol: ;)

bigmack
06-30-2007, 07:00 PM
word's can't describe how much I love arlington this year. the field sizes, the payouts, John Dooley.. doesn't get any better
I'd love to spend more time at that great venue. As I grew up a mile from it I have fond memories not including driving the ball pick-up cart for the driving range as a teenager. Loons would aim for me. Even with all the protection there was a discernable amount of fear in the job.

The only consolation I have for not being at AP is being close to DMR

skate
06-30-2007, 07:02 PM
glad to here that, i am ia m...

kenwoodallpromos
06-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Hopefully rubber track is making some of the difference track consistency-wise also. I'm looking at racing pubs to see the breakdown rate and how the horses do in bad weather. IMO off-tracks and even after bad weather were very inconsistent for speed.
Hard to blame the media for being uniformed when there was never any conclusion as to the cause of the breakdowns. I told them via email to seal the track, then that I was for rubber because there were no common factors in the breakdowns except the last turn.

jballscalls
07-01-2007, 08:01 AM
I forwarded the link to this thread to John G. Dool's and he was really excited to see that people are so fired up about Arlington this year. He said the buzz around the place is exceptional this year. I cant wait to stop by there on my way home in September. Good thread.

1st time lasix
07-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Been to several venues in the US including Saratoga, Gulfstream, Tampa, Belmont, Churchill and Monmouth. Went to Illinois for the Million weekend last Summer. Arlington is by far the nicest place with the most pleasant staff in the the eastern half of the US that i have visited. Only two venues that I want to see for the first time are Del Mar and Keeneland before i can say anywhere yet.