PDA

View Full Version : Brit-Scot bombings

kenwoodallpromos
06-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Of course profiling Arabs is not the answer- let's profile ALL Muslims, including Asain!

Tom
06-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Be interesting to see what the CC Cameras reveal.

GaryG
06-30-2007, 03:13 PM
I have a lot of relatives in SW Scotland....all are well. Closer to "home" for me for sure.

Overlay
06-30-2007, 05:02 PM
I saw one article characterizing the attacks as "an al-Qaeda memo to Gordon Brown" (Tony Blair's replacement as PM). Hope he's got the mettle for this.

Tom
06-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Unitl the bulldozers pull up in front of the militant mosques, he can expect this to continue. Britan has lost control and need to regain it quickly - while there is still time.

If Christians tried anything like the crap these animal pull over there, there or in the USA, we would be arrested. People have got to stop being afraid of mohamed.

GaryG
06-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Unitl the bulldozers pull up in front of the militant mosques, he can expect this to continue.That is the key point. They operate out of mosques because they know that we and Britain won't go in there. I don't know which is worse, that or using children as human shields. They are nothing but animals and should be treated as such. The Brits may want Tony back in a hurry.

skate
06-30-2007, 07:39 PM
most likely this was just a few Brits wanting to make some

"music and not war"

Honk Honk
Peep Peep
dont let my Mercedes
ruin your sleep
So, make love
my little dove

or learn to skate:p

lsbets
06-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Does anyone doubt that the world would be a safer place without Islam?

skate
06-30-2007, 08:08 PM
well, a few less Islams

and and lots- less-licking- libs:cool:

Tom
06-30-2007, 08:47 PM
They went on Critical status, means more attack imminent. And certain powers are now invoked. Time to clean house in England.

kenwoodallpromos
06-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Doesn't our Constitution say something about "Separation of church and suicide bombings"?
Oh, sorry, it reads "separation of public schools and boy scouts who believe in God".

kenwoodallpromos
06-30-2007, 09:43 PM
http://www.creativeoceanic.co.uk/news/os_newsletter_ysm_june_07.html
Is someonr trying to make peaceful Muslims look bad?

JustRalph
06-30-2007, 09:45 PM
They start Car bombs and suicide bombings in the U.S. and you will see a radical change in the demeanor of this country...........

that may be why they won't do it............

so.cal.fan
07-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Interesting point, Just Ralph.
I'm wondering if they are waiting for the new President to be sworn in.
They pulled off 9/11 soon after Bush was in office.
Now they pull off this in the U.K. almost immediately after Brown takes office.

boxcar
07-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Interesting point, Just Ralph.
I'm wondering if they are waiting for the new President to be sworn in.
They pulled off 9/11 soon after Bush was in office.
Now they pull off this in the U.K. almost immediately after Brown takes office.

And God help this country if some gutless wonder liberal gets elected -- from either party!

Boxcar

so.cal.fan
07-01-2007, 03:04 PM
I was talking to a friend today, who is a historian, one who makes pretty damn good predictions, based on current events and history.
She opined that the Republican candidate.....Rudy G. will win.
I don't agree, so we'll see who is correct.
Her reasoning is that the majority of American people are hawkish on terrorism issues, conservative on economic issues and liberal on social issues, with the exception of illegal immigration.
She also predicts that within the next 10 years there will be a very STRONG third party in this country. I sort of agree with this.

Tom
07-01-2007, 03:19 PM
I'll tell you what, I sure don't have a warm feling witht that incompetent jerk Chertoff in charge of HS. he is nothing more than a politcal hack for the Bush Legacy Foundation.

boxcar
07-01-2007, 06:29 PM
I was talking to a friend today, who is a historian, one who makes pretty damn good predictions, based on current events and history.
She opined that the Republican candidate.....Rudy G. will win.
I don't agree, so we'll see who is correct.
Her reasoning is that the majority of American people are hawkish on terrorism issues, conservative on economic issues and liberal on social issues, with the exception of illegal immigration.
She also predicts that within the next 10 years there will be a very STRONG third party in this country. I sort of agree with this.

Very astute observations by your friend. It could well explain RG's poll numbers.
Her third party predictions, though, are fraught with obstacles.

Boxcar

Greyfox
07-01-2007, 06:39 PM

Is she saying that Ralph Nader didn't lead a strong third party? He got Bush elected.:lol:

so.cal.fan
07-01-2007, 07:19 PM
A third party could emerge in a few more years.
Look at all the people that were influenced by Lou Dobbs.
They STOPPED the immigration bill, supported by Dems and Reps.
The Dems and Reps are closer than people realize. Most are steering toward this multi-national, globalization path.
Which would all sound fine, except for one little problem.....RADICAL ISLAM

boxcar
07-01-2007, 07:34 PM
The Dems and Reps are closer than people realize. Most are steering toward this multi-national, globalization path.

... no one, save for the radical left (Kerry, Clinton, Kennedy, etc) and RHINOS supported the Scamnesty bill. As one Leftist Senator derogatorily put it: The death of the Bill can only be attributed to the "loud people" (i.e. the very large majority consisting of Conseratives and Moderates, who wanted no part it and who actually voiced their dissatisfaction with their elected officials.) And they nixed it because they were stirred up by conservative talk show hosts all over the nation who did a great job in exposing the bill for the fraud it was.

Boxcar

Tom
07-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Hats off to Glen Beck for all his efforts. When he interviewed that moronic DA in Texas who prosecuted the two border agent's he exposed him for what he was - assigned by BUSH to dissuad agents from doing thier jobs. And whn he had Tony Snow on, I cna't think of anyone with any brainwaves that not see thorugh that pathetic liar - dfisgusting how cheap he sold his integrity to Bush.

Rush pounded home the facts every day, and he took on repubs and Bush as the bad guys here. Kudos, Rush. That dipstick Trent "Liesa"Lott says we need to fix talk radio. I'd say it's tim eto vothe that racist trator back to chopping wood for his supper. You can dress them up but you can't take them out. Lott was always a traitor - talked a good game, cared not on iota for this country or anyone but himslef. Why, oh why did Flt 93 fail?????????

JustRalph
07-02-2007, 12:01 AM

I think there were a few more than just Dobbs on the "stopped" side of that issue. I sent Voinovich a couple of nasty emails and called his office...........and he capitulated. Hannity, Rush and Beck and more were all out in force.

robert99
07-02-2007, 06:48 AM

I don't see why not.
If Corporate America formed its own American Dream Third Party it would cut out having to bribe all these middleman politicians. Instead of wasting all that ingenuity, effort and time into tax avoidance scams, a zero rate for Corporations would be delared. Saps brainwashed into thinking it is going to happen for me this time next year would then work twice as hard to enable that American Dream and pay even more taxes - that the Corporations would again cream off, plus those from foreign aid kick backs and reconstruction contracts. The harder they work the richer we get. A new war would be declared somewhere every week to keep the defence industries going and the great unwashed, unemployed, sick, old and illegals would be shipped out to fight in some foreign lands - never to be heard of again.

Tom
07-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Another country heard from.

robert99
07-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Murders In UK 2005/6 - 766

Road Deaths in UK 2006 - 3150

Protestant-Catholic Terrorist campaign deaths (1969 -2001) in N Ireland , 3524. (President Clinton made a significant intervention and eventually stopped USA funding of IRA terrorists)

Jihadist bombing, London 2005 - 37 deaths

UK deaths from jihadists - August 2005 to date, zero

Potential jihadists expelled from and by UK mosques - est 5000

Potential jihadists under close 24 hour surveillance -2000

Potential jihadists under regular surveillance -3000

Close surveillance team per suspect - 24 persons

Recent attacks: 5 already caught out of 6 - none believed to be from UK.
6th person is believed to a doctor from Lebanon.
None from UK mosques. All muslim leaders have openly condemned the acts of violence and jihadists. Glasgow Airport back in service within one day. One street in London closed.

The threat is being dealt with.
It is a serious threat but normal life goes on.

fergie
07-02-2007, 07:42 AM
For recognizing Chertoff for the useless puppet that he has shown himself to be.
Fergie

Tom
07-02-2007, 09:41 AM
The threat is being dealt with.
It is a serious threat but normal life goes on.

Dumb luck with the two car bombs, failure to stop the airport attack, and farilure to stop the 7/7 attacks.

"You're doing a great job there, Brownie!"

Seriously, BOTH countries better start realizing the threat is growing and start addressing the root cause. Neither is. I watched the CNN special last night, and you guys have people on your streets that should not be allowed in a civilized country.

delayjf
07-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I say its time to re-activate the "00".

kenwoodallpromos
07-02-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't see why not.
If Corporate America formed its own American Dream Third Party it would cut out having to bribe all these middleman politicians. Instead of wasting all that ingenuity, effort and time into tax avoidance scams, a zero rate for Corporations would be delared. Saps brainwashed into thinking it is going to happen for me this time next year would then work twice as hard to enable that American Dream and pay even more taxes - that the Corporations would again cream off, plus those from foreign aid kick backs and reconstruction contracts. The harder they work the richer we get. A new war would be declared somewhere every week to keep the defence industries going and the great unwashed, unemployed, sick, old and illegals would be shipped out to fight in some foreign lands - never to be heard of again.
I have many ancestors who learned England is a great place to be FROM!
If you study the history of religion in Great Britiain vs. the USA (at least in USA history books) you will find England established their own state religion, and fought wars against British citizenry blamed primarily on religion (Jacobvite, Irish) and many who left England early for the USA were of minority religion (Congregationalist Pilgrims, Maryland Catholics, the Cranfield establihers of Concord, Mass, the Quakers). Many of those who were the toughest fighter against the British in the American Revolution were Presbyterian Scottish including many of my ancestors in Elizabethtown NJ, the Caroilinas, etc.
What surprises me least about the current stories about survelliance of Muslims by England is that they are so open about admitting it!
English history is rife with stories of violent fights over the crown by close relatives; In the USA we have the founding fathers who refused to establish a royal class, recognized a generic GOD, and established the means in the Constitiution for peaceful turning over of the control even if with impeachment.
We in the USA realize the power of economics to affect politics and way of life, and understand the REAL possibility here of ingenuity creating wealth. We also understand how the masses can exert real pressure to cause change when things get too out of hand and resrictive. Note the recent immigration bill and the turning of the public against being in Iraq and Vietnam too long.
We in the USA do not always automatically equate wealth with power and respect- just ask Paris Hilton and Poss Perot. We also have real humor and not dry limited PBS humor. We have not 1 but hundreds of Benny Hills.
Here in the uSA we do not go around knighting everybody who reaches a certain amount of financial wealth; as a matter of fact, we had only 1 entertainer who was American Royalty and Elvis is still the King!!

kenwoodallpromos
07-02-2007, 12:24 PM
"(President Clinton made a significant intervention and eventually ****stopped USA funding**** of IRA terrorists)"
We also helped clean up South Africa and a few other former British Empire Colonies by the power and influence of the people influencing Corporate economics!

As far as horseracing goes, we in the USA have a Triple Crown in baseball and in horseracing, but neither holds races in honor of real royalty or includes the Queen's Plate!LOL!!

robert99
07-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Dumb luck with the two car bombs, failure to stop the airport attack, and farilure to stop the 7/7 attacks.

"You're doing a great job there, Brownie!"

Seriously, BOTH countries better start realizing the threat is growing and start addressing the root cause. Neither is. I watched the CNN special last night, and you guys have people on your streets that should not be allowed in a civilized country.

Tom,

You are not paying attention.
If the jihadists were Al Quaeda trained, then both the attacks would have succeeded. They failed not due to luck but due to incompetence.
The police and civil service intelligence departments deal with terrorist matters, not the Prime Minister. The figures do not show that the threat is growing - quite the opposite. If it was that easy to address the root cause then it would have been done long ago. You now say we should not have qualified doctors because the TV told you?

Anyrate , you would be quite safe - when they first ask for your credit card or insurance details, make a quick exit round the back.

robert99
07-03-2007, 07:14 PM
I have many ancestors who learned England is a great place to be FROM!
If you study the history of religion in Great Britiain vs. the USA (at least in USA history books) you will find England established their own state religion, and fought wars against British citizenry blamed primarily on religion (Jacobvite, Irish) and many who left England early for the USA were of minority religion (Congregationalist Pilgrims, Maryland Catholics, the Cranfield establihers of Concord, Mass, the Quakers). Many of those who were the toughest fighter against the British in the American Revolution were Presbyterian Scottish including many of my ancestors in Elizabethtown NJ, the Caroilinas, etc.
What surprises me least about the current stories about survelliance of Muslims by England is that they are so open about admitting it!
English history is rife with stories of violent fights over the crown by close relatives; In the USA we have the founding fathers who refused to establish a royal class, recognized a generic GOD, and established the means in the Constitiution for peaceful turning over of the control even if with impeachment.
We in the USA realize the power of economics to affect politics and way of life, and understand the REAL possibility here of ingenuity creating wealth. We also understand how the masses can exert real pressure to cause change when things get too out of hand and resrictive. Note the recent immigration bill and the turning of the public against being in Iraq and Vietnam too long.
We in the USA do not always automatically equate wealth with power and respect- just ask Paris Hilton and Poss Perot. We also have real humor and not dry limited PBS humor. We have not 1 but hundreds of Benny Hills.
Here in the uSA we do not go around knighting everybody who reaches a certain amount of financial wealth; as a matter of fact, we had only 1 entertainer who was American Royalty and Elvis is still the King!!

K,

I was not being serious - sorry that got lost.

I think you have to include the two Civil Wars that actually sorted things out.
In England, the King lost and was beheaded and future royals were only figureheads with all power taken by Parliament.

England was a Catholic country until Henry the 8th. He did not accept from the Pope that he could not divorce / execute his wives. So he became head of his own Church and any who kept the old religion were persecuted. One of my ancestors was beheaded in the tower of London for not renouncing his Catholic faith. Not being a protestant or the right kind of protestant was treated as treason. That was part of the reason the terrorist wars in Ireland have gone on until recently. We have not had a royal bumped off since Princess Diana - if the conspiracy theories are to be believed.

The Scots had fought the English over hundreds of years. In 1704 their country was bankrupt and they joined the Union of Great Britain. No love lost there. The British have been fighting foreign wars and each other for the last 10 centuries, so aggression and violence is never too far below the surface.

If you let it be known to potential terrorists that 24 security staff are watching your every movement it imprisons them without bars. They cannot openly use telephone / internet, attend meetings, travel to reveal their colleagues addresses etc. Those we don't know about, dont know that and imprison themselves.

In USA you also have to weigh up that African Americans and American Indians did not have much protection under the Constitution. Lynch mobs acted with impunity. Jews could not join golf clubs. The McCarthy era. Several Presidents have been assassinated and there have been regular school / college massacres. The World sees the bad things and forgets all the good.

USA has had a history of practical inventions that have transformed the lives of others. Those inventions did not often come from the large Corporations. What is a worry is all that good is rapidly becoming a thing of the past. There is not a lot wrong but there does not seem any movement to fix what needs fixing.

As an outsider, I don't see the masses having much democratic input. The two party choice is either right wing or far right wing. They select their candidates and job cronies, not the masses, and big businesses pays the piper and calls the tune. When they see they are not getting their way on something they might change or they might plough on - they decide, and they, not the masses, decide what the topic is.

USA comedy is tops and you have moved on from the corny one liner style of that limey, Bob Hope.
Long Live the King.

kenwoodallpromos
07-03-2007, 11:02 PM
You are quite right about you observations.
"In USA you also have to weigh up that African Americans and American Indians did not have much protection under the Constitution."
THat is also true as they were not counted as full citizens. As Side notes, I'm sure you know that for the most part native americans and blacks were sold out by their own, and the western world was only too happy to have them as slaves; or remove them entirely. And part of the reason why native americans wer disliked so much is that many of them took the British side in the Revolujtion.
My Ancestor Sir Henry Vane was beheaded for supporting Charles 1 by Charles 2; One of my ancestors, Christopher Birkhead of Bristol England, owned slaves in the USA.

DanG
07-04-2007, 01:12 AM
As Side notes, I'm sure you know that for the most part native americans and blacks were sold out by their own, and the western world was only too happy to have them as slaves; or remove them entirely. And part of the reason why native americans wer disliked so much is that many of them took the British side in the Revolujtion.
Maybe because my father was full Cherokee, but I can’t imagine why many were conflicted. :confused:

Also…If you’re going to make blanket statements concerning an entire people's perspective at least have the decency to use spell check. :mad:

Do me a small favor; Study "Native American" history from start to finish and then we will talk my friend. :ThmbDown:

Tom
07-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Tom,

You are not paying attention.
If the jihadists were Al Quaeda trained, then both the attacks would have succeeded. They failed not due to luck but due to incompetence.
The police and civil service intelligence departments deal with terrorist matters, not the Prime Minister. The figures do not show that the threat is growing - quite the opposite. If it was that easy to address the root cause then it would have been done long ago. You now say we should not have qualified doctors because the TV told you?

Anyrate , you would be quite safe - when they first ask for your credit card or insurance details, make a quick exit round the back.

Thaks GOD most Brits don't live in your dream world. Your assessment of the failures is pathetically ignorant. And If MM think our helath care is bad, he better update his movie to include your imported "sickos" from Islamic Heatlh Care.
Whether you agree or not, you have a major terror problem in England and it will only get worse. You are being colonized and this time, you are on your own.

46zilzal
07-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Robert, isn't it fun to be told what is going on in YOUR back yard by someone who has not a single FIRST hand inkling?

chickenhead
07-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Robert, isn't it fun to be told what is going on in YOUR back yard by someone who has not a single FIRST hand inkling?

Yeah I'm glad Europeans don't pontificate about US affairs.

I like Europe and Europeans a whole lot. But having been to Africa, I just realize they have absolutely zero moral credibility or high ground. Take that from someone with first hand experience. You want to see some greedy racist corporatist inhuman white mfers, go to Africa and talk to the Europeans.

Tom
07-04-2007, 02:34 PM

Like you posts about Iraq?

BTW, when I heard it was DOCTORS, well, you can only imagine what went through my mind.

46zilzal
07-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Like you posts about Iraq?

neither of us has been there.

lsbets
07-04-2007, 03:15 PM
neither of us has been there.

I think he was referring to how you tell delay and I what it is really like there.

46zilzal
07-04-2007, 03:19 PM
I think he was referring to how you tell delay and I what it is really like there.
I suspect you are a tad biased. That's only natural. Why would anyone risk their butt for something they didn't believe in?

DanG
07-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Why would anyone risk their butt for something they didn't believe in?
This one I can answer…

I speak to a gentleman every couple weeks who is almost finished with his 3rd tour. He no longer believes in the “mission”, but he continues to risk his neck because of an oath to his brothers in arms. They form a bond in combat that is as strong / or stronger than any family blood ties.

46zilzal
07-04-2007, 03:40 PM
There are others not sharing his blind faith.
I am a Vietnam Veteran (65-66) and I live in New York City -- 2 miles north of the World
Trade Center. I saw them go down. I lost friends. Our city has received next to nothing for
1st responders; meanwhile Turkey is going to get 20-30 billion dollars. We have lost
150,000 jobs since September 11(remember that) and our jobless rate is close to 10%.
Bush promised New York over 20 billion dollars and as of this date we've received a
little over 5 billion. And off we waft to war. I'm tired of the lying, the broken promises and
manipulation. If any more people die in this or any city, their blood will be on the heads
of Bush, Chenny, et al. This is insanity!
David H. Rigg, US Army, 1964-67

Thirty years ago I raised my right hand and took the oath to defend my country.
I was proud to do it. Today I feel nothing but shame in the direction this country is
headed. I have three sons who will soon be of age to serve
Thomas M Myers, US Army, 1974-1978

Presently I am being forced into serving under the stop loss! I cannot and will not
support this war. I have asked for a discharge, but have been informed my views
are wrong. So much for the land of the free.
Robert W. Brown, US Army, 8 Years Active, Currently Prisoner of Air National Guard

There are times when we must fight. This is not one of them.Joe Cordileone,
USMC, 1966-1969

46zilzal
07-04-2007, 03:45 PM
More from Vets against the Iraq war website:

Currently I'm serving in the 479th Engr Btn, and I feel mortified that I must put my life on
the line to support this unnecessary and un-American war.
Eamon O'Boyle, US Army Reserve, 6 Years

Bush has wagged the dog.
Wesley Lanham, USN, 1964-68

As a Vietnam-era veteran, a Baptist minister, the son of a member of the 1st Infantry
Div. in WWII and the father of a career soldier, I vehemently protest this preemptive
war against Iraq.
Rev. Dr. Al Staggs, US Army, 1965-67

DanG
07-04-2007, 04:01 PM
More from Vets against the Iraq war website:

Currently I'm serving in the 479th Engr Btn, and I feel mortified that I must put my life on
the line to support this unnecessary and un-American war.
Eamon O'Boyle, US Army Reserve, 6 Years

Bush has wagged the dog.
Wesley Lanham, USN, 1964-68

As a Vietnam-era veteran, a Baptist minister, the son of a member of the 1st Infantry
Div. in WWII and the father of a career soldier, I vehemently protest this preemptive
war against Iraq.
Rev. Dr. Al Staggs, US Army, 1965-67
There are examples of every imaginable opinion 46…

You asked “why would ANYONE risk their butt in a cause no longer believed in” and I gave you a real life example in the affirmative. Not saying it’s the “correct” point of view or not, but it is valid given the circumstances and should be respected IMO.

chickenhead
07-04-2007, 04:02 PM
so servicemen can or cannot think for themselves? (only if they agree with you, right?) make up your mind.

I find your views on Iraq and several other things strikingly simple minded, one dimensional, black and white, in other words exactly that which you so often criticize others for. You epitomize biased distorted thought on this point 46. All you ever do is look to reinforce your notions, never ever challenge yourself.

46zilzal
07-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Funny, a lot of people agree with me about this Fiasco,,,,,by the way, there is a good book by the same name outlining just what stupidity in action can do.
http://travel.nytimes.com/2006/07/25/books/25kaku.html

chickenhead
07-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Funny, a lot of people agree with me about this Fiasco,,,,,by the way, there is a good book by the same name outlining just what stupidity in action can do.

I probably agree with you in a lot of ways on this fiasco, that doesn't mean I condone how you behave, or give any credence to how you came to that decision.

Sometimes my girlfriend likes the same horse I do, doesn't mean she is a good handicapper, just means my horse happens to be grey. Integrity of thought and intellectual honesty actually do matter, to me at least.

46zilzal
07-04-2007, 04:10 PM
I probably agree with you in a lot of ways on this fiasco, that doesn't mean I condone how you behave, or give any credence to how you came to that decision.

Come on, it's simple. IDIOTS at the helm use the excuse of a national emergency to carry out another STUPID plan stupidly. Even the experts the clowns hired to advise them were not consulted according to Woodward's State of Denial.

quote from FIASCO:“President George W. Bush’s decision to invade Iraq in 2003 ultimately may come to be seen as one of the most profligate actions in the history of American foreign policy,” Mr. Ricks writes. “The consequences of his choice won’t be clear for decades, but it already is abundantly apparent in mid-2006 that the U.S. government went to war in Iraq with scant solid international support and on the basis of incorrect information — about weapons of mass destruction and a supposed nexus between Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda’s terrorism — and then occupied the country negligently. Thousands of U.S. troops and an untold number of Iraqis have died. Hundreds of billions of dollars have been spent, many of them squandered. Democracy may yet come to Iraq and the region, but so too may civil war or a regional conflagration, which in turn could lead to spiraling oil prices and a global economic shock.”

The conclusions of many a major player all say the same things. Fiasco is a great word for what continues to happen.

robert99
07-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Some might be interested in listening to this BBC Radio 4 program broadcast tonight called "The Moral Maze" where a panel interview key witnesses on the causes and cures for the present jihadist campaign. Some silly interruptions spoil things a bit - just as the witnesses were getting interesting - which can happen in live broadcasts.

RealPlayer link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?radio4/moralmaze

lsbets
07-04-2007, 04:28 PM

Zilly, I was responding to the irony of you posting the above. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, however, you love to tell the only two folks on this board who have been to Iraq what is going on despite the fact that you have "not a single first hand inkling", and then you dismiss the first hand inklings of those who have been there as being "a tad biased". I believe it is your own biases and simple mindedness that prevent you from looking at anything objectively. Off the top of my head I cannot come up with one example of someone who is more biased or single minded (even closed minded) in the way they perceive things.

robert99
07-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah I'm glad Europeans don't pontificate about US affairs.

I like Europe and Europeans a whole lot. But having been to Africa, I just realize they have absolutely zero moral credibility or high ground. Take that from someone with first hand experience. You want to see some greedy racist corporatist inhuman white mfers, go to Africa and talk to the Europeans.

This one is a Brit-Scot pontificating thread.

I can readily recognise the attitudes of Europeans and their corporations in Africa. The attitude of pillage and plunder has not changed since the days of the European colonies. Once being colonised makes and keeps you an inferior in their eyes. The Norwegians are now leading an international investigation that accuses them of consistently blaming the Aricans for syphoning off funds by corruption. The Norwegians figure that 3% does go to the Africans, but 97% goes to the European etc companies there. USA companies are also accused.
Liberal and social niceties and law abiding are kept to the home country.

chickenhead
07-04-2007, 04:51 PM
This one is a Brit-Scot pontificating thread.

The world complains we don;t pay attention to them. When we do, they complain. ;)

I can readily recognise the attitudes of Europeans and their corporations in Africa. The attitude of pillage and plunder has not changed since the days of the European colonies. Once being colonised makes and keeps you an inferior in their eyes. The Norwegians are now leading an international investigation that accuses them of consistently blaming the Aricans for syphoning off funds by corruption. The Norwegians figure that 3% does go to the Africans, but 97% goes to the European etc companies there. USA companies are also accused.
Liberal and social niceties and law abiding are kept to the home country.

Most Americans don't know a lot about Europe. There is an enormous block of the left here in this country that holds it almost as self evident the superiority of Europeans countries so far as their systems and their ethics, many really do believe that racism, greed, etc are acutely American problems. A very highly distorted view. I know that most Europeans themselves have a more balanced view of things.

robert99
07-04-2007, 04:59 PM

46zilzal,

Now that Tom has lost his humourous side that could have redeemed him a little, it is a small chink of light.
That I live in London and we have been bombed by the Irish and UK jihadists several times over the last decade still does not cut it with the simian one of low self esteem.
That the facts given which, as usual, are either not read, understood or disputed are not accord with the far right hate agenda is par for the course.
Giving them the facts is like putting too little salt on a slug. They curl up and hiss.
Attack the person, not the message, is the mantra.
If Tom does not do better for the cause, then he may miss his two free weeks on the Rutabaga Farm.

chickenhead
07-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Some might be interested in listening to this BBC Radio 4 program broadcast tonight called "The Moral Maze" where a panel interview key witnesses on the causes and cures for the present jihadist campaign. Some silly interruptions spoil things a bit - just as the witnesses were getting interesting - which can happen in live broadcasts.

RealPlayer link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?radio4/moralmaze

Didn't hear anything particularly interesting. Could have been titled: "The IIslamic Threat: The New IRA?" Not suprising that is the framework they are trying to understand it within...though I think it is terribly misguided.

Tom
07-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Robert, I think you might be lying through your tooth on some things here.:rolleyes:

Gibbon
07-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Muslims with long history with al Qaeda, and who have attended terrorism
training camps in Pakistan, allowed to keep their jobs with British police
because it would be "politically incorrect" to fire them.

http://tinyurl.com/ywpnts

46zilzal
07-07-2007, 09:11 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/07/07/pakistan.mission.reut/index.html

Tom
07-08-2007, 12:00 AM
We have a great relatioship with Pakistan.....they harbor and train terrorists and we don't do anything about it.

What the HELL is the matter with the whole damn stupid world?
WE KNOW Bin Laden is there - why is there not a two million man army surrounding Paksitan ready to move in and get him????

Frankly, Al Qeda has to be odds on to prevail - the whole damn western world is too damn stupid to realize they are at war. It is going to take another 9-11, this time killing millions, to wake people up.
But wherever or whenever the next one is, don't come crying to me for sympathy - I have been on to the islamic threat far too long. There is no excuse for it happening again. England is getting the payback for ignorance now... and there will many more. Sucks to be Brittish.

I think Edwards might be right - there is no war on terror. Not as long as we know where the leaders are and refuse to do anything about it.

JustRalph
07-08-2007, 01:18 AM
other countries being soft on these assholes makes it harder on everybody