PDA

View Full Version : Nice Angle Today at Pleasanton

toetoe
06-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Race 8 ... 6, Madison's Lady, gets Elliott Demesme, journeyman county fair jockey. BUT, the powerful angle is Joe Holmes, Sr. OFF. Twice this horse battled for the lead and led past the 1/8, only to get Holmes-ed. Now, the field is decent for the level, but 10/1 would be enough for me. The m. l. is 15/1, and I see her going higher. :jump: No joke, I would bet Jean Luc over this Holmes guy. :eek:

chickenhead
06-29-2007, 03:40 PM
It appears he is a Grants Pass jock? Never bet on anything comes out of Grants Pass, man nor beast.

toetoe
06-29-2007, 04:58 PM
I only know him from the fairs in Calif., but I know he can at least stay in the saddle. Moderate-to-huge upgrade with no price dropoff. Full-flavored ... AND they are mild !! :D

chickenhead
06-29-2007, 05:07 PM
I meant the Holmes guy, I'd never heard of him before. Elliot I know. Where was Holmes on the horse? (spose I could buy the pps myself too :bang: )

toetoe
06-29-2007, 05:20 PM
At the "main" NoCal; tracks, usually a good class distinction. Of course, all of these have GGF and BM credentials.

Dan Montilion
06-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Toe x 2,

I'm pullin for you, but as you know Monte Gomes is not exactly the second coming of Ben Jones. In fact I think Gomes thinks the winners circle is radioactive.

Light
06-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Thats a pretty hard race Toeman. Lots of different angles in this race. Key is what do you do with Russel's horse. Runs a good 2nd on Turf for 20k and drops to 12.5k dirt.Suspect. Why not save her for SR and put her on the turf there? #4 Miss Opus comes out of same Turf race as Baze's horse and ran like she could use a drop. Working smartly for this. Trainer cold but at 10-1 take a shot.I think your horse is a bit overlaid on the ML considering 3 straight 2nds before last start with the dreaded Holmes.

Interesting note on FTS #8 Swift Comet. Sire is Comet Shine. 1-36 w/FTS. On Turf sire is 2-64. Last time this sire,trainer and jock hooked up on Turf,they blew up the tote big time. My guess is this is a prep for a SR turf try at mega odds.

Light
06-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Came 1-5-2. The 3 chalk. At least I was right about the 7/5 Baze favorite(#2) being suspect.These one race threads make for good discussion Toestub.