JOB DESCRIPTION

POSITION TILE: Production Assistant

DEPARTMENT: HorseRacing TV

REPORTS TO: Sr. Producer – Live Programming & Sr. Producer – Post Production

__________________________________________________ ____________________

QUALIFICATIONS:

· Demonstrated interest in TV production and post-production required

· Previous production experience preferred but not required

· Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and be a self-starter required

· A strong knowledge of horse racing and the horse racing industry

· Excellent written and verbal communication

· Strong research skills

· Meticulous attention to detail

· Creativity and writing skills preferred

· Strong communication and interpersonal skills required

· Position requires enthusiasm, self-sufficiently and maturity

· Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment required

· Ability to follow direction and take constructive criticism required

· Bachelor Degree in Communications, TV & Film, Journalism or Advertising/ Marketing preferred

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

· Aid in the production and post-production of on-air projects

· Screen and log video tapes

· Aid in setup for productions

· Assist editors and production staff (both live production and post production) with duties as assigned

· Support producers, editors and talent from the creative process through to the completion of the project

· Perform other tasks as assigned

EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE

· Strong PC and/or MAC Computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and Internet required

WORKING ENVIRONMENT

· Strong work ethic, reliable, mature, professional and positive attitude required

· Strong desire to contribute to a team required

· Strong attention to detail required

· Interest in sports television preferred

· Ability to adapt to a changing and growing work environment preferred

Please send resume and cover letter to jobs@hr.tv

Tom
06-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Todd? See this?

:lol:

kenwoodallpromos
06-29-2007, 01:20 PM
The only thing I did not see was "pay comensurate with skills"!

GaryG
06-29-2007, 01:32 PM
The only thing I did not see was "pay comensurate with skills"!If that is the case they sure couldn't afford me....:lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2007, 11:12 PM
This is the first time I've done this, but I've overridden my moderators and have put this thread back up....

I can see where the mods might view this as a bit of unpaid advertising, but I find it interesting....

KingChas
06-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Here's your chance to improve the show gentlemen. :lol:

JustRalph
06-30-2007, 01:38 AM
wow, the things that are running through my mind.

Did they forget to mention where the job is located?

I assume Santa Anita?

gIracing
06-30-2007, 10:52 AM
why is this a joke?

I applied for the job. Having a job doing anything around horse racing would be a dream come true

GaryG
06-30-2007, 10:55 AM
why is this a joke?

I applied for the job. Having a job doing anything around horse racing would be a dream come trueGood luck...:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: If you get it don't forget to ask us for suggestions!

kenwoodallpromos
06-30-2007, 01:54 PM
No joke; just with purses up and NTRA revenue down, curious about the pay...

gIracing
06-30-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't have a TV background.. even thougH I did take video communcations in high school :), I have a pc tech / admin background.. so I might have to wait for a position in that area to open up... and it ould be a definate pay drop but well worth it

JustRalph
06-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Giracing, is it at Santa Anita?

gIracing
06-30-2007, 07:13 PM
I believe so, that's where HRTV is located. I'm moving out there next month (I'm in arkansas) and I currently work for myself doing website work, but I woul happily give it up to do something with horse racing, as the only reason I 'm really moving is to be in the smack dab middle of the socal circuit

GaryG
06-30-2007, 07:26 PM
the only reason I 'm really moving is to be in the smack dab middle of the socal circuit:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

gIracing
06-30-2007, 07:29 PM
you only live once. I can move to Dubai if I wanted and my job wouldn't be effected, becuase i work on the internet.... well not dubai but you get the point. plus i have famly in LA and i stayed in Anahiem for 3 months and always wanted to move back once i got my crap in order... it's just time. I'm moving regardless, but why not move to where you can have the most impact on what you want to do? Plus I eventually will crack into the industry one way or the other

bigmack
06-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Giracing, is it at Santa Anita?
Yeah, they're at SA.

Gary - I know you lived out here for a spell and I hope you're not taking the position that all of SoCal is void of any laudable attributes.

gIracing
06-30-2007, 07:42 PM
this has been 2 years in the making

JustRalph
06-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Good Luck.

toetoe
07-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Good luck, gI. :ThmbUp:

GaryG
07-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Gary - I know you lived out here for a spell and I hope you're not taking the position that all of SoCal is void of any laudable attributes.No, just speaking generally. FOR ME it sure looked fine in the rear view mirror. Except for that garden spot Panoma in September...:jump: