PDA

View Full Version : Question on Daily Doubles

Maji
06-27-2007, 09:58 PM
What are the tracks that have rolling daily doubles?

Also which ones in the above have decent pool sizes? Are there any particular rules of thumb that one should follow when trying out the daily doubles?

Thanks for your help.

pandy
06-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Southern California tracks have rolling Doubles and Rolling Pick 3's, which as far as I'm concerned, all tracks should have.

levinmpa
06-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Delaware Park has rolling DDs.

Maji
06-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I know the pools for Hollywood Park are nice sized. How are the other pools?

Thanks.

trigger
06-28-2007, 12:37 AM
Check the free Equibase results charts........for each track ,the chart shows pool totals for each type of bet for each race
www.equibase.com (http://www.equibase.com)

facorsig
06-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks for your replies.

I know the pools for Hollywood Park are nice sized. How are the other pools?

Thanks.

The paradigm is that bigger pools are better. This may hold if you are playing two horses with 20:1 odds because the pool size will give you a chance to receive a fair payment. At the other end I would not play two horses with 20:1 odds because I will almost certainly be shortchanged.

However, my own experience is that the small pools, particularly ones with $2 minimum are unpredictable and offer good value when betting horses other than the favorite. For example, I hit a DD at Sun last year with a 6:1 and a 3:1 which paid more than $600. Another experience at CT was not too different. Bigger is not always better.

Fred

ranchwest
06-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I used to bet into the HPI pools, some of which were very small. Unless you're looking to "big time it", those small pools are real interesting.