PDA

View Full Version : Freed Gitmo detainee participates in attack

delayjf
06-27-2007, 02:47 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070627/ap_on_re_eu/russia_guantanamo

Still want to shut Gitmo down?? I say apply for the building permits and expand.

robert99
06-27-2007, 03:29 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070627/ap_on_re_eu/russia_guantanamo

Still want to shut Gitmo down?? I say apply for the building permits and expand.

Have you actually read the link?

Do you know anything at all about the civil war in Chechnya?

Tom
06-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I know that he was in Gitmo for a reason - as this illustrates.

delayjf
06-27-2007, 04:30 PM
I know he was suspected in a bombing of an apartment building. Not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, I'd say he was a terrorist. What am I missing?

betchatoo
06-27-2007, 05:17 PM
I know that he was in Gitmo for a reason - as this illustrates.
A lot of people were in Gitmo for a reason...money. People turned in others, even if they had done nothing, for a reward. And we accepted the lack of evidence, unhesitatingly.

betchatoo
06-27-2007, 05:20 PM
I know he was suspected in a bombing of an apartment building. Not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, I'd say he was a terrorist. What am I missing?
You're missing the fact that he was in prison in Russia following Cuba. And they let him go. That makes it there responsibility. If they couldn't find any proof he'd bombed a local building, how could we? Also, the attack the Russians say he might have taken part in (and Russian credibility is not all that high with me), had nothing to do with any terrorist groups that have had designs in the U.S. It was a local thing.

skate
06-27-2007, 05:35 PM
i dont think it was a case of "having designs IN the USA", but rather, we were concerned about designs ABOUT the USA.

the constitution and our rights (especially of others) takes a Back Seat when concerning War.

skate
06-27-2007, 05:36 PM
isn't the Point, it sure looks like "we had the right guy"?

delayjf
06-27-2007, 05:39 PM
A lot of people were in Gitmo for a reason...money. People turned in others, even if they had done nothing, for a reward. And we accepted the lack of evidence, unhesitatingly.

Well that doesn't seem to be the case here now does it?? It doesn't take much imagination to discern why he was in Afganistan.

robert99
06-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Well that doesn't seem to be the case here now does it?? It doesn't take much imagination to discern why he was in Afganistan.

As the link states, the Gitmo investigators found no evidence that the man had any involvement with the Taliban. They released him in 2004. Obviously your prejudice knows better than the USA investigators who actually investigated the facts.

Chechnya has had two wars with Russia to try and become a separate State.
The second war has been going on since 1999. The Chechen people are Muslims. The Russians call them terrorists - the Chechens call themselves freedom fighters. Russia has used chemical weapons on Chechens and have been accused at high level of setting off bomb incidents on their own people in Russia in order to place blame on Chechnya. USA attacked Iraq for doing similar on its own people. Who actually are the terrorists here?

As USA fought its own war of independence and was the sworn enemy of Russia throughout the cold war it is ironic that any USA citizen does not also fully support the Chechen bid for freedom.

delayjf
06-27-2007, 07:10 PM
I have no issue with Chechan freedom fighters. That aside, what is an Chechan Freedom fighter / Terrorist doing in Afganistan? Fighting the Soviet Armed forces is one thing. Blowing up Apartment buildings were civilians live is an act of terrorism.

JustRalph
06-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Blowing up Apartment buildings were civilians live is an act of terrorism.

I can't understand why that is so hard for some people to understand?

betchatoo
06-28-2007, 07:00 AM
If they had proof that he did it, why did they let him go?

Tom
06-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Lack of proof doesn't mean he did not.
They couldn't lock up AL CApone for any real crimes - they had to use tax evasion. Did he not kill people along the way?

46zilzal
06-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Obviously your prejudice knows better than the USA investigators who actually investigated the facts.

You hit the nail on the head.

delayjf
06-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Robert99,

You previously mentioned the Soviets use of chemical weapons on the Chechyans. Are you refering to the failed rescue attempt when they pumped the Moscow theater full of anesthesia in order to incapacitate the Chechen freedom fighters who were holding hundreds of hostages??

Again, I don't have a problem with the Chechen fight for freedom - only their tactics.

Suff
06-28-2007, 01:44 PM
. Blowing up Apartment buildings were civilians live is an act of terrorism.

Odd to see you speak of America like that. Because not only have we blown up apartment buildings with civilians in them. We lead the world in that category, and have blown up more apartment buildings with civilians in them than every single terrorist organization in the world. COMBINED!!

Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Tom
06-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Why do you stay here if it is so bad?
I'm sure Chavez would welcome you with open arms.
Or do you miss those concentration camps that would still be burning Jews today had we not accepted collateral damage in stopping them?

delayjf
06-28-2007, 02:52 PM
I would agree with you in regards to the US dropping the A-Bomb on Japan. In conducting strategic bombing campaigns we have in fact killed civilians in countries that we were at war with. That is the nature of Warfare, as Gen Lee once said, "it is well the War is so terrible, lest we grow too fond of it".

But US military tactics do not intentionally single out schools hospitals etc for attack the war Terrorists organizations do.

We lead the world in that category, and have blown up more apartment buildings with civilians in them than every single terrorist organization in the world. COMBINED!!

We have also stamped out the tyranny of several murderous regimes and prevented untold carnage at their hands. And while we lament the loss of innocent life and attempt to minimize it– the other side celebrates it, encourages and makes it the focus of main effort. It's a good thing they do not possess our military ability - or the record would be broken.

robert99
06-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Why do you stay here if it is so bad?
I'm sure Chavez would welcome you with open arms.
Or do you miss those concentration camps that would still be burning Jews today had we not accepted collateral damage in stopping them?

Tom,

I am sure they would have run out of Jews to burn by now.
Pity USA did not join in and help them out earlier on when the Jews were being persecuted, rounded up and transported to the camps. USA made sure it had the pick afterwards of the Nazi doctors of death that were invited to live in USA and continue their inhumane experiments but on USA soldiers and prisoners.

USA did not accept collateral damage - it was the people living in Germany that got bombed by the allies who accepted it - they had no choice.

Anyrate, it is not a matter of leaving USA, it is just not reacting to every story with spite, hate, vengeance and injustice ie the same way that the Nazis reacted to the Jews, gays and gipsys. If USA stands for justice, then the guilty should be punished and the innocent freed but only after a fair trial that hears both sides. USA freed the Chechen - you want to incarcerate him on some unproven allegation by a totally biased and unreliable source, if not to lynch him. I suppose that is the worst of the old America but it is still un-American.

robert99
06-28-2007, 03:28 PM
We have also stamped out the tyranny of several murderous regimes and prevented untold carnage at their hands. And while we lament the loss of innocent life and attempt to minimize it– the other side celebrates it, encourages and makes it the focus of main effort. It's a good thing they do not possess our military ability - or the record would be broken.

They have side-stepped the USA military might by using terrorist tactics learned from the N Ireland civil war over the last 30 years. About 400 terrorists held down half the British Army for two decades. They don't attack USA strengths - they attack its weaknesses. USA is spending $Billions on conventional type armanents that are increasingly irrelevant to "stamping out tyranny".

There is almost no relevant "military ability" for today's issues. I would also question the actual military ability in conventional combat as the only major war won in the last 60 years is with allied help against the Iraquis in Kuwait (1991). In between from WW2 there has been the disasters of Korea (1951-53), Vietnam (1965 -73), Somalia (1993) and the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan show no sign of being winnable. A huge amount of self delusion.

Tom
06-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Big lot of impact Britain made on Germany....even had to borrow weapons and equipment from US, then we had to come mop up after you lackeys FAILED to protect your own continent. Yes, that is one war we a hold have stayed out of.......after all, the might BRITS could have done it all! :lol:

Tony Blair took the national BALLS with him when he left office.
I am really begining to understand why our founding Fathers kicked your limey butts back over the pond in 1776.

Enjoy your smugness, looking back on what Britain once WAS, because that is all it has a future.

Btw, we did hold FAIR trials - Nuremburg. But what you lackeys don't understand is the Nazis would not participate until we FORCED them to. Hmm, wasn't it YOU guys - Chamberlin, who emboldened Hitler and allowed his relatively easy mop-up of the continent that got the whole WWII thing going?

And as far as the Mid-East goes, no one stirred up the hornets nest more than the Brits - one of the most evil, corrupt, anti-human empires in history. Until WE showed them the door.:lol:

chickenhead
06-28-2007, 03:45 PM
USA is spending $Billions on conventional type armanents that are increasingly irrelevant to "stamping out tyranny".

The US military quite openly protects you and yours in Britain, and the rest of Western Europe, from any major military threat from the East. It is fun for everyone to point out how much we spend, how stupid and barbaric we are, whilst enjoying the very protection and economic stability we provide. We spend, so you don't have to. That isn't a secret. There haven't been any big wars, because no one could possibly defeat us in a conventional war. Just a "thanks" would be nice once in awhile. Or you guys, Europe, authors of 100's of millions of DEAD when you were allowed to run things, can tell us how bad we are. Or you could just say thanks. Thanks America, all things considered, things are a million times better now than they were when we were running things. But of course not, we are not allowed mistakes. If only we could run thigns as perfectly as you guys!

I love it when Europeans accuse us of being xenophobic warmongerers. That really cracks me up. And we might well be...but we keep it in check, unlike you guys. We are the most benevolent country the world has ever known...but the world is in such a weird place now that no one even realizes that. We are so benevolent in fact we are ultimately going to give up our hegemony, willingly. And be despised for it all the same.

delayjf
06-28-2007, 04:04 PM
There is almost no relevant "military ability" for today's issues. I would also question the actual military ability in conventional combat as the only major war won in the last 60 years is with allied help against the Iraquis in Kuwait (1991). In between from WW2 there has been the disasters of Korea (1951-53), Vietnam (1965 -73), Somalia (1993) and the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan show no sign of being winnable. A huge amount of self delusion.

I would disagree with you on Korea, they invaded we beat them back from were they came from. Somolia was not a war. But you point is well taken with regards to "limited warfare". But again the above (and Iraq) are examples of the US exercising restraint with regards to the conduct of the war.

They don't attack USA strengths - they attack its weaknesses.
So let them come here and car bomb our malls. They will make the same mistake the Japanese did in WWII - they will awaken a sleeping bear with an unrelenting resolve. Then gloves will come off.

robert99
06-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Big lot of impact Britain made on Germany....even had to borrow weapons and equipment from US, then we had to come mop up after you lackeys FAILED to protect your own continent. Yes, that is one war we a hold have stayed out of.......after all, the might BRITS could have done it all! :lol:

Tony Blair took the national BALLS with him when he left office.
I am really begining to understand why our founding Fathers kicked your limey butts back over the pond in 1776.

Enjoy your smugness, looking back on what Britain once WAS, because that is all it has a future.

Btw, we did hold FAIR trials - Nuremburg. But what you lackeys don't understand is the Nazis would not participate until we FORCED them to. Hmm, wasn't it YOU guys - Chamberlin, who emboldened Hitler and allowed his relatively easy mop-up of the continent that got the whole WWII thing going?

And as far as the Mid-East goes, no one stirred up the hornets nest more than the Brits - one of the most evil, corrupt, anti-human empires in history. Until WE showed them the door.:lol:

Tom,

You have watched too many John Wayne films where he won the war single handed. You really must read some basic history on WW2 - it was in all the papers. The Battle of Britain was won before the USA came into the war.
We bought some food and some arms from USA as our shipping was regularly torpedoed in the Atlantic and the Germans bombed our cities and factories night after night - thank you. 9/11 would be a side show in comparison. It was not just Britain fighting the Germans, Italians and Japanese - it was a world war with Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Free France, Poland and Russia all fighting the Germans etc.

Britain declared war in 1939 on Germany, not the other way around. Chamberlein unsuccesfully tried to broker a peace beforehand but the German military machine was waiting to go throughout the 1930s - you may have heard of Mein Kampf written by Hitler in 1925/6 - that was what the Third Reich was all about. It was probably the limey, Charlie Chaplin whose film really stirred things up. USA speeded up the inevitable end - thanks again.

Fighting the war and WW1 completely bankrupted Britain, and Gemany was flattened. USA came to the rescue with the Marshall Plan and part funding of NATO. We are totally grateful for that.

Again, your knowledge of the War of Independence is lacking. Most of the "limeys", whichever side they fought on, stayed in USA. It was the French who won the war at Yorktown. The British Empire did not come until after. I have no support for subjugating any peoples but compared to other empires eg the Romans, Spanish, Turkish, Portugese, it was relatively benign and free of corruption and slavery. Again there was no "we" showing them the door unless you were a decendant of the patriots - it was mainly British fighting British.

We have a great future within the EU and our people will still want to be USA's allies. We have no quarrel with American people.

Battle of Britain:

Battle of Britain is the name commonly given to the effort by the German Luftwaffe to gain air superiority over the Royal Air Force (RAF), before a planned sea and airborne invasion of Britain (Operation Sealion) during the Second World War. Neither Hitler nor the Wehrmacht believed it possible to carry out a successful amphibious assault on the British Isles until the RAF had been neutralized. Secondary objectives were to destroy aircraft production and ground infrastructure, to attack areas of political significance, and to terrorize the British people with the intent of intimidating them into seeking an armistice or surrender.

British historians date the battle from 10 July to 31 October 1940, which represented the most intense period of daylight bombing. German historians usually place the beginning of the battle in mid-August 1940 and end it in May 1941, on the withdrawal of the bomber units in preparation for the attack on the USSR. The failure of Nazi Germany to destroy Britain's air force, or to break the spirit of the British government or people, is considered the Third Reich's first major defeat.

lsbets
06-28-2007, 08:15 PM
I am amazed that Robert continues to post on military matters after it had been shown how little knowledge - ie none - he has of those matters in prior posts. I will never understand why people who have no clue, and are easily exposed, are so determined to be perceived as experts. Oh well, I guess if it makes him happy.

GaryG
06-28-2007, 08:39 PM
I will never understand why people who have no clue, and are easily exposed, are so determined to be perceived as experts. Oh well, I guess if it makes him happy.He's not alone....don't forget our Canadian expatriate friend....:eek:

46zilzal
06-28-2007, 08:46 PM
He's not alone....don't forget our Canadian expatriate friend....

There is a lot to be said for an unbiased non-brainwashed, single sided, omnipotent view of the world. WWII was a collaborative effort.

Tom
06-28-2007, 09:13 PM
And one lost without our involvment.

JustRalph
06-28-2007, 09:18 PM
There is a lot to be said for an unbiased non-brainwashed, single sided, omnipotent view of the world. WWII was a collaborative effort.

yep, that was the problem.........half of Europe was "Collaborating" with the Enemy

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2007, 02:50 AM
Because not only have we blown up apartment buildings with civilians in them. We lead the world in that category, and have blown up more apartment buildings with civilians in them than every single terrorist organization in the world. COMBINED!!

Sounds like a page taken right out of the Rosie O'Donnell playbook. Way to go!

Lefty
06-29-2007, 11:36 AM
The liberals on this board never fail me; they always, predictably, side with the terrorists.
PA, that's what I was thinking. When I read Suff's post, my mind flashed on Rosie.

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2007, 11:04 PM
PA, that's what I was thinking. When I read Suff's post, my mind flashed on Rosie.

Hold on to your seat....cause sooner or later Suff or one of the four horsemen (Hcap, Sec, 46 and Light) is going to come here and tell us how "ignorants we is....":lol:

How our heads are in the sand....how we're being manipulated by "the man." How we must learn to read more, and read more of the "outer reaches" of the internet (you know, places like DailyKOS or Resne.Com, or 911truthmovementblahblahblah.Com.)

Never mind that we already do this (well, I do, anyway)....but they think they KNOW "we's ignorants....."

46zilzal
06-30-2007, 01:06 AM
The liberals on this board never fail me; they always, predictably, side with the terrorists.
What a simpleton..There are not just two sides.

Lefty
06-30-2007, 01:49 AM
46, yeah, i'm simple. I blve in good and evil and I blve people who kill innocent people with car bombs, or rig a kid up to commit suicide and take innocent people with him or her and behead people and announce they're out to kill everyone that does not convert to their religion, well ol simple me, I think they're evil and guys like you always make excuses and defend them. I expect you'll do that until they kill someone close to you and then you'll know what I already know.
(I know I used a runon sentence but it was done for effect)

Tom
06-30-2007, 11:13 AM
So do you guys think Suff has a shot at replacing Rose on the View? :D

skate
06-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Lack of proof doesn't mean he did not.
They couldn't lock up AL CApone for any real crimes - they had to use tax evasion. Did he not kill people along the way?

would you Paaalease stop trying to make sense.

if you continue to confuse them, we'll have to start giving them room and board.;)

we've had just about Enough of your common sense

betchatoo
07-01-2007, 10:51 AM
If they lock up everyone on lack of proof, we can all go to jail. Good plan

Indulto
07-01-2007, 11:24 PM
This thread has convinced me that there needs to be a study done on right-reclining horseplayers to determine whether or not exposure to and/or dependence on handicapping software can lead to a Dr. Strangelove-like personality disorder. Disregard for constitutional protections may well be symptomatic. ;)

boxcar
07-02-2007, 12:42 AM
This thread has convinced me that there needs to be a study done on right-reclining horseplayers to determine whether or not exposure to and/or dependence on handicapping software can lead to a Dr. Strangelove-like personality disorder. Disregard for constitutional protections may well be symptomatic. ;)

On the other hand, disregard for personal protections from physical harm may well be symptomatic of misplaced trust in a document that cannot protect one from the bullets, bombs or lethal chemicals of America's enemies.

Boxcar

chickenhead
07-02-2007, 12:53 AM
On the other hand, disregard for personal protections from physical harm may well be symptomatic of misplaced trust in a document that cannot protect one from the bullets, bombs or lethal chemicals of America's enemies.

Boxcar

What are you talking about, The DRF? I've seen them on the floor of the mens soaked in some fashion of precious bodily fluids before, so I guess that does tie in with Dultos Strangelove comment.

Indulto
07-02-2007, 02:08 AM
What are you talking about, The DRF? I've seen them on the floor of the mens soaked in some fashion of precious bodily fluids before, so I guess that does tie in with Dultos Strangelove comment.:lol:
When a liquor store clerk tries to foist off a less than pristine DRF on me I usually chastise the offender for desecrating the "bible" and ask if they would pay $5 for one in that condition. One of them, a petite oriental lady, then led me over to a birdcage whose bottom was lined with pages of the Form;
ostensibly to absorb precious fowl fluids. I should have asked her if she used handicapping software since she obviously thought PPs were "for the birds." ;)

Lefty
07-02-2007, 02:09 AM
What makes you think, indul, that foreign terrorists are protected under our Constitution?
Please, dear lord, protect us from terrorists and the liberals that want to protect them. Amen.

Indulto
07-02-2007, 02:46 AM
What makes you think, indul, that foreign terrorists are protected under our Constitution?
Please, dear lord, protect us from terrorists and the liberals that want to protect them. Amen.Lefty,
Do you use handicapping software? ;)

BTW whose "lord" are you asking for protection from both terrorists and people YOU call "liberals" because YOU think they are protecting people that YOU think are terrorists?

I feel much more threatened by "urban terrorists," some of whom enter this country illegally because a "conservative " administration does little to stop them -- either from entering or from murdering innocents. How about less pleas for help from YOUR lord and more outrage that the administration YOU support doesn't effectively defend our borders or deal with domestic terrorism?

robert99
07-02-2007, 06:30 AM

It could be it is more a desperate search for a personality in the first place.
Or even a physical cause -their right hand that once constantly stretched up for a mother's or second cousin's support in a cruel world, has now left them abandoned with the right hand knuckles still dragging along the ground, and consequenty a natural inclination to the right. Any problem is still immediately solved by spitting the dummy out and exuding crap.

boxcar
07-02-2007, 06:38 AM
Lefty,
Do you use handicapping software? ;)

BTW whose "lord" are you asking for protection from both terrorists and people YOU call "liberals" because YOU think they are protecting people that YOU think are terrorists?

I feel much more threatened by "urban terrorists," some of whom enter this country illegally because a "conservative " administration does little to stop them -- either from entering or from murdering innocents. How about less pleas for help from YOUR lord and more outrage that the administration YOU support doesn't effectively defend our borders or deal with domestic terrorism?

Why don't you rattle off all the previous administrations that have done a such a superb job in defending our borders and enforcing our immigration laws -- let's say within the last 30 years or so. Feel free to start with Clinton and work your way back. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

hcap
07-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by Indulto
This thread has convinced me that there needs to be a study done on right-reclining horseplayers to determine whether or not exposure to and/or dependence on handicapping software can lead to a Dr. Strangelove-like personality disorder. Disregard for constitutional protections may well be symptomaticThe authoritative mind set. Those who trust our leaders to do no wrong. Or how the Nazis manipulated the German people. Fear is a powerful propaganda device.

Hey Box, remember the whole hearted support for Winston W bush you had back in the days of Krauthammers' "gathering storm"?
Of all those WMDs and such?

Sort of reminds me of this...

TUCKER CARLSON: You're going to be on the National Mall [in Washington, D.C.] soon performing for Pepsi and the NFL and also to support our troops. A lot of entertainers have come out against the war in Iraq. Have you?

BRITNEY SPEARS: Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision he makes and should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens.

CARLSON: Do you trust this president?

SPEARS: Yes, I do.

Or we can call the authoritative mind set shared by the right wing knuckle draggers ( knuckleheads?) The Spears effect :bang:

boxcar
07-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Indulto
The authoritative mind set. Those who trust our leaders to do no wrong. Or how the Nazis manipulated the German people. Fear is a powerful propaganda device.

Hey Box, remember the whole hearted support for Winston W bush you had back in the days of Krauthammers' "gathering storm"?
Of all those WMDs and such?

Sort of reminds me of this...

TUCKER CARLSON: You're going to be on the National Mall [in Washington, D.C.] soon performing for Pepsi and the NFL and also to support our troops. A lot of entertainers have come out against the war in Iraq. Have you?

BRITNEY SPEARS: Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision he makes and should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens.

CARLSON: Do you trust this president?

SPEARS: Yes, I do.

Or we can call the authoritative mind set shared by the right wing knuckle draggers ( knuckleheads?) The Spears effect :bang:

How ironic that a bleeding heart lib preach to conservative about blind faith in government leaders. If only you would take your own words to heart, you would be quick to loathe the idea of a Nanny State who promises take care of its peons from cradle to grave because it has our best interests at heart.

You're truly a piece of work, 'Cap, that deserves to be hung up and displayed in the Fools' Hall of Shame.

Boxcar

Tom
07-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Hcap, quoting Britney now?
Dazzled by her great mind, are you? :lol::lol::lol:

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
J Where's the PEARCH?

boxcar
07-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Hcap, quoting Britney now?
Dazzled by her great mind, are you? :lol::lol::lol:

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
J Where's the PEARCH?

Wouldn't suprise me in the least about 'Cap 'cause we all know how "great" minds think alike. :D

Boxcar

Lefty
07-02-2007, 11:18 AM
indul, Boxcar bt me to the response i would have given. All this crap did not start with Bush.
RR, just more liberal gibberish and obfuscation from you.
Neither of you botherred with my q, why should foreign terrorists be afforded any protection under our Consitution? Have you really thght it through? Get them lawyers and take millions of dollars and yrs to get through the court systems and then go free cause everyybody afraid to testify? And then they can go do it again?
We are in a war for our very freedoms and way of life. To turn your backs on that truth could be fatal. Your enemy, should you choose to face up to it, is not the R
's who want to fight terrorism but the demlibs that want to appease them.

Lefty
07-02-2007, 11:32 AM
hcap, it's not about trusting our leaders to do no wrong. It's about respect. One can disagree without the disrespect and name calling that's been thrown at this Pres by the Opposition party, the mainstream media and other liberals, such as yourself.
No repub ever accused a Dem pres of being a loser ala Harry Reid, or betraying the country, ala ALGORE, or lying about the war, ala just about every dem now in office. This Pres hasn't gotten the credit that he deserves for ANYTHING!
I cringe as I remember libs such as zilly and others calling the terrorists a bogeyman that Bush uses to instill fear, while i'm watching on tv the ghastly stuff that's happening in Glasgow.

Indulto
07-02-2007, 12:25 PM
... The authoritative mind set. Those who trust our leaders to do no wrong. Or how the Nazis manipulated the German people. Fear is a powerful propaganda device.hcap,
I finally got away from a computer long enough while on vacation to read a novel, "Ordinary Heroes," by Scott Turow. Chapter 29 referred to a pamphlet entitled "Don't Be a Sucker in Germany" allegedly "published by the 12th Army Group," but it may have only been a device to support the author's fiction. Supposedly, it was written by the "provost Marshall of the Ninth U.S. Army as a guide for troops in Germany."

The following excerpt from pages 411-412 caught my attention as it mirrored a conversation I overheard among my neighbors as a kid in the '50s:

"... Don't believe there are any "good" Germans in Germany. Of course you know good Germans back home. They had guts enough and sense enough to break from Germany long ago.

Don't believe it was only the Nazi government that brought on this war. Any people have the kind of government they want and deserve. Only a few people bucked the Nazis. You won't meet them; the Nazis purged them long ago. ..."

It is not my intention to re-open old wounds. It struck me that propaganda is a tool used by all governments and that, even today, a little truth goes a long way in creating a lot of deception. :ThmbDown:

46zilzal
07-02-2007, 12:27 PM
The entire Bush family have been corrupt going back to gandpa.
http://www.serendipity.li/jsmill/bushcrimefamily.htm

Tom
07-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Like the Kennedy's, huh?
Bootlegger, Nazi sympaphizer, stole the 1960 election, let a girl drown while a political carrer was being shielded.......nice bunch of guys, them Kennedy's.

boxcar
07-02-2007, 12:49 PM
The entire Bush family have been corrupt going back to gandpa.
http://www.serendipity.li/jsmill/bushcrimefamily.htm

You don't have the first clue as to what corruption is until you start searching for all the skeletons in the Clinton and Kennedy families' closets, for starters.

Boxcar

delayjf
07-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Slide Shown) Another document that I want you to remember as long as you live is this. This document appeared on my fax machine. I believe it to be the origin of the appropriation of the money to make the AIDS virus [Editor note: See Matrix III Volume One].

Above is a sample on the mind-set of this conspiracy warp crew. This smoking gun APPEARED ON HER FAX. This .... is stupid :lol: :bang:

Tom
07-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Jeff,
All I can say about that is....."PRESTO!" :lol: