PDA

View Full Version : The Left Coast Version of Hate Speech

delayjf
06-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Good article by George Will.

Only in California.
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/opinion/nationalcolumns/article_1741651.php

Secretariat
06-26-2007, 03:06 PM
George Will has never written a good article.

46zilzal
06-26-2007, 03:11 PM
My freinds used to ask, since I grew up in Orange County, IF, at football games did we only cheer "lean to the right, lean to the right, stand up, sit down, fight fight fight." Given the leanings of that area, I almost agreed with them.

The HOME of the John Burch society and all the paranoia about anything DIFFERENT.

GaryG
06-26-2007, 03:15 PM
The only decent paper in the state....unless Jeff Siegel is still handicapping for the South Bay Daily Breeze.

chickenhead
06-26-2007, 03:18 PM
I don't think I understand much of anything anymore...too many crazy people about. Too many people want to control other people. Thats what it all boils down to. "I'm miserable and I want to make sure you are miserable too"

46zilzal
06-26-2007, 03:30 PM
The only decent paper in the state....unless Jeff Siegel is still handicapping for the South Bay Daily Breeze.
Decent? the laughing stock of all the people I gew up with. It's a rag!

Tom
06-26-2007, 04:03 PM
You've read them all?
Good in what way?
Gammer, facts, fit your agenda? :lol:

delayjf
06-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Naw Tom, Will's just stupid. :bang:

I wonder if Oakland will cite Military recruiters due to the don't ask don't tell policy.

Oakland's just beggin to get sued. SC will probably have to overrule the 9th AGAIN.

lsbets
06-26-2007, 04:48 PM

Yet another example of attacking the messenger. :lol: :lol: :lol:

skate
06-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Yet another example of attacking the messenger. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bulls eye!

but sec has a point,when he says the article isnt good (bet he didnt read).

It was a GREAT article!

great point by george on his comment about Intolerably Inflammatory / Family Values, but "Happy Coming Out Day" is digestable. who measures this crap?

and and and, his point about the district court's speech regulation on any speech that is Not Neutral. what the...?:eek: talk about regulation and lost freedom.

good one George:ThmbUp:

JustRalph
06-26-2007, 07:18 PM

I guess that Pulitzer Prize on his mantel should be returned because Sec doesn't think he can write................... :bang:

George Will was widely praised by liberals for condemning the corruption of the Nixon presidency.

Will won a Pulitzer Prize for Commentary for "distinguished commentary on a variety of topics" in 1977. Often combining factual reporting with conservative commentary, Will's columns are known for their erudite vocabulary, allusions to political philosophers, and frequent references to baseball.

Will has also written two best-selling books on the game of baseball, three books on political philosophy, and has published eleven compilations of his columns for the Washington Post and Newsweek and of various book reviews and lectures.

Will has also appeared as a news analyst for ABC since the early 1980s and was a founding member on the panel of ABC's This Week with David Brinkley in 1981 (now titled This Week with George Stephanopolous). Will was also a regular panelist on television's Agronsky & Company from 1977–1984.

Will has become the rare journalist-pundit well known enough to have entered American popular culture. In Season 6 of the sitcom Seinfeld, Kramer comments on Will's handsome appearance. While Elaine says "he's smart," Kramer comments that he has never considered him to be "that bright."

JustRalph
06-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Decent? the laughing stock of all the people I gew up with. It's a rag!

What the hell does a G.Will column have to do with the paper? They buy the damn column as a syndicated piece? Give me a break.............

PaceAdvantage
06-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Effectively, the city has proscribed any speech that even one person might say questioned the gay-rights agenda and therefore created what that person felt was a "hostile environment." This, even though gay-rights advocates used the city's communication system to advertise "Happy Coming Out Day." Yet the terms "natural family," "marriage" and "family values" are considered intolerably inflammatory.

Wow.

Suff
06-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Good article by George Will.

Only in California.
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/opinion/nationalcolumns/article_1741651.php

They are lucky they still have a job. They should have been fired.

Good ruling.

PaceAdvantage
06-27-2007, 01:51 AM
They are lucky they still have a job. They should have been fired.

Good ruling.

Which "they" are the lucky ones? The GNEA, the "other employees' groups" or "all of the above?"

delayjf
06-27-2007, 11:32 AM
They should have been fired

Sooner or later they will and then it will be law suit time.