PDA

View Full Version : War with Iran........next on the agenda....

JustRalph
06-26-2007, 04:34 AM
This should go over well in Britain.............

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007290279,00.html

delayjf
06-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Now if Britain does take action against Iran.... what should the US response be? They are our chief allie and supported the US (with troops) in both wars

Tom
06-26-2007, 11:37 AM
BOOM! would be nice.

skate
06-26-2007, 07:32 PM
oh yes, yes, iraqi troops are getting stronger.

iran has got to go and they have ALL kinds of problems.

ChainSaw wont let this go un attended, just looking for a foothold.

uncleGeorge will end up with an 82% approval rating:ThmbUp:

sec., hicups and zilly the philly will disappear:cool: :jump:

robert99
06-27-2007, 04:06 PM
UK troops having once secured Southern Iraq and Basra have basically given up the war as a lost cause, are mainly confined to barracks and are waiting to go home this autumn.

Gordon Brown replaced Tony Blair today (who resigned esentially because of the failure of the Iraq war) and is not a true supporter of the war - just want's our troops home asap. GB has announced that Parliament, not the executive as before, has to approve UK going to war in future so no chance of that support without UK being under direct attack. Zero UK and EU support for anymore half baked campaigns led by USA donkeys. Tony Blair is to be appointed "peace envoy" by UN, USA etc to try to reach a Middle East settlement.

Anyone who wants another unwinnable war with Iran plus the Shia militias throughout the Middle East wants their brains testing.

Any newsreporter who does not know that the air space is secured and that AWAC planes survey that air space to pin-point target our anti-aircraft missiles is not worthy of the name "defence editor". The security services do not even talk to Parliamentary MPs, let alone the "Sun".

46zilzal
06-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Anyone who wants another unwinnable war with Iran plus the Shia militias throughout the Middle East wants their brains testing.

Bravo. Nice to hear from someone who is a world citizen and not full of isolated (and incestuously amplified) rhetoric.

GaryG
06-27-2007, 04:24 PM
BOOM! would be nice.Better than the smell of napalm in the morning...The only way to deal with people like that is to bomb them to near extinction. And then not just stop there.

Gibbon
06-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Unfortunately, we as a nation and political leaders do not have the will to finish what was a brilliant tactical advantage initially with Shock and Awe.

As long as we must fight under political correct rules of engagement we should not ever enter another conflict. Americas historic campaigns by accomplished field marshals are now fought by pusillanimous commanders and chiefs.

The time honored military battle tactics of complete humiliation of the enemy and their civilian supporters as practiced by warriors in bygone days have long been relegated to the dust bin of history.

The shadows of General Sherman, Eisenhower and Patton have long ago left this theater.

War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory. ~ Georges Clemenceau

PaceAdvantage
06-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Excellent post Gibbon. A sad, but excellent observation. We may just keep you around here yet....

Tom
06-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Gibbon, you hit a home run with that one. :ThmbUp:

Greyfox
06-28-2007, 10:39 AM
In spite of the madman who leads Iran and his rhetoric, how could that country ever fight a war? They don't even have enough gasoline for their own citizens.
No fuel = No fight They are sitting on huge oil reserves, but can't refine it.
A war against their army would be over in 3 weeks, as in Iraq.
That doesn't mean some type of aftermath wouldn't follow in the ensuing power struggle. Unless they start it, let's not go there. If they start it, let's finish it.

boxcar
06-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Bravo. Nice to hear from someone who is a world citizen and not full of isolated (and incestuously amplified) rhetoric.

Hmm...a "world citizen", eh? Passport not needed to travel your Wally World?
Your birth certificate was issued by your Wally World? The currency you use was printed and issued by Wally World? Worldly citizen? Yes. World citizen? Not yet, but the United Numbskulls are working on it.

Boxcar

Tom
06-28-2007, 02:03 PM
If you are a "world citizen" and get deported, where do you go? :lol:

skate
06-30-2007, 07:32 PM

oh oh oh , we know exactly what yiou refer to;

1) someone (your noun) whom you describe
2) world citizen (decribes your noun, that being a World Citizen ? what the)
a world citizen, ok ok ok , give me some time, im thinking. world citizen? huh?:rolleyes:
3)incestuously amplified ( sexual amps, is another , What the f...)
4) Rhetoric, (thanks for that) "RHETORIC" now i DO understand Rhetoric:faint:

5) Red-or- ric? (the guy that measures YOUR poll):lol:

so, you dont get it
me,:D

46zilzal
06-30-2007, 09:45 PM
1) someone (your noun) whom you describe

wrong as usual. From Merriam-Webster

Main Entry: some·one

Function: pronoun

JustRalph
07-01-2007, 09:41 PM
I say Cruise Missiles at Dawn............right into President Tom's Window!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/07/01/iraq.hezbollah/index.html

Officials: Captured Hezbollah agent helped plan deadly Karbala raid

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- A top special operations officer from Lebanon's Iranian-backed militia Hezbollah has been captured in Iraq, where U.S. officials say he played a key role in a January attack that killed five Americans.

Ali Mussa Daqduq, an explosives expert, was captured in March in the southern Iraqi city of Basra, where he was helping train and lead Shiite militias fighting coalition troops, U.S. intelligence officials told CNN.

Daqduq pretended to be deaf and mute when captured, and his identity was not known for weeks, the officials said.

Once uncovered, however, they said he began to talk, and they now believe he played a crucial role in the January 20 attack in Karbala.

~more at the link~

Anybody care to guess on how long he held out under the waterboarding?

Tom
07-01-2007, 10:03 PM
I wouls summarily court martial anyone who did use a proven technique such as water boarding. It makes no sense whatsoever no to use a proven interogation method. And it is not lethatl either. But no that we have the info, I would gut and skin the SOB on the streets of Baghdad and feed his entrails to the dogs.

delayjf
07-02-2007, 07:27 PM
I would gut and skin the SOB on the streets of Baghdad and feed his entrails to the dogs.

Come on Tom, don't sugar coat it.....Tells us how you feel. :D

Right Positive, Left Negitive. :D

IBCNU
07-02-2007, 11:28 PM

We can all be world citizens when the rest of this world has a:

1) Bill of Rights
2) Constitution
3) Balance of power
4) Peaceful transfer of power through elections

Till then, I like it here just fine.

boxcar
07-03-2007, 12:05 AM
We can all be world citizens when the rest of this world has a:

1) Bill of Rights
2) Constitution
3) Balance of power
4) Peaceful transfer of power through elections

Till then, I like it here just fine.

Hear! Hear! Spoken like a true Isolationist. :lol:

Boxcar

Tom
07-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Post of the month...IBCNU - excellent point.
For all the whinnig about America we hear here, 46 is the only one who lives elsewhere, but Canada, geeze.....not like it's really a foreign country, we are so close in so many repsects. I invite him to go to Cuba, though, since he thinks it is so much better health-wise.