PDA

View Full Version : Real Tragedy on the way to the Denoument

Lefty
06-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Tonight, Raw was supposed to have a 3 hr tribute to the "late" MR McMahon, instead Vince had to break storyline and make the announcement that WWE star Chris Benoit and his family was discovered dead in their suburban Atlanta home.

Hope they catch the bastard(s) that did it Chris. You gave us many hrs of enjoyment.
R.I.P.

Tom
06-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Lefty, I did a google search and he called in to a house show Saturday - had to go home, his wife and kid were ill and spitting blood. He epxpected to be back for the Pay for View Sunday but was a no show.
Ironic, the show was supposed to be a tribute to a not-dead guy, who opens the show announcing a really dead one.
Very sad.

Lefty
06-26-2007, 01:46 AM
Sadder yet, the latest is it looks like murder suicide. I hope not.

Gibbon
06-26-2007, 02:03 AM
Cause of death unknown. Including their 7 year old son.
NOT from gun shots.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/ny-usbenoit0626,0,4246396.story?coll=ny-top-headlines

PaceAdvantage
06-26-2007, 02:14 AM
If what Tom posted is true, sounds like a medical mystery in the making.

kenwoodallpromos
06-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Bizarre is how authorities said the story will unfold.
He was the most skilled of all wrestlers.

bettheoverlay
06-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Strangled his wife, smothered his 7y/o, hung himself

Strange,sad stuff

Tom
06-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Wow. Wonder if anyone wants to take back thier tributes from last night?
I sure would. Just another wack-job in the end.:ThmbDown:

OTM Al
06-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Lots of talk of roid rage, though nothing substantiated yet. I've seen guys on the stuff though and it definitely messed with their heads.

GaryG
06-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Apparently he killed his wife and son a day or two before he killed himself. This us unspeakably sad, I just wish there could have been someone to intervene. The ESPN article said he wasn't overly friendly with his neighbors. In my area it might seem like people pry into your business but they really just want to help if need be. If any good is to come from this it may be 'roid rage awareness.

Tom
06-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Lots of talk of roid rage, though nothing substantiated yet. I've seen guys on the stuff though and it definitely messed with their heads.Might be something to this - he was getting a new "push" to go to ECW to bolster thier ratings. Lots of roids in WWE. From the top hemma on down.

bigmack
06-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Like they say, everything in moderation.

http://www.karendecoster.com/blog/archives/steroids.bmp

Lefty
06-26-2007, 07:02 PM
It's my hunch he wasn't happy about losing 3 straight matches to a relative newcomer with little skill and the U.S. title. Also my hunch he wasn't very happy about going back to the silly E.C.W.
Just my hunch.

OTM Al
06-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Ok, Lefty, I was joking about the gay stuff before, but now I'm wondering what kind of fantasy world you live in. This guy was pumping HGH and steriods. Combinations that have killed at least 2 other well known wrestlers. Vince McMahon was indicted for supplying steriods to his wrestlers. While he was aquitted of charges, he was knowledgable about their use and all you have to do is look at the man to know he juiced as well. Beniot and his wife were evidently giving HGH to their 7 year old because they didn't feel he was big enough. This is some seriously messed up stuff, not the result of some fantasy script that gets replayed several times a week across the nation. There is a very dark underbelly of serious drug abuse going on in wrestling. Its ok if you want to be a fan, but you really need to recognize that.

Lefty
06-27-2007, 11:27 AM
OTM, what i don't recall saying there was no drug abuse. They found steroids in his house. I still think what I said about his matches with MVP and the ECW demotion is valid; the steroids prob pushed an already despondent man over the precipice. BTW, Vince has suspended wrestlers not too long ago for not passing drug tests and Rob Van DAm lost his ECW championship last time he was arrested for drug use. I am able to balance fantasy with reality, thank yuh very much.

OTM Al
06-27-2007, 11:44 AM
These weren't "matches" that he lost, they were scripted stage plays. For all you know this so called demotion could have been a ploy to raise the viewership of this ECW or whatever it is, or maybe the "matches" in this thing made a better schedule for him, but he didn't get this demotion because he lost. This is because these losses are scripted. You live in Vegas. Ever seen a line on who's going to win a so called championship bout? If his work upset him so much, then he could have quit instead of killing a 7 year old kid. This guy was messed up and I have little doubt that there are others very much like him still involved in wrestling. If you are such a fan, then instead of placing the blame on some fantasy story line, maybe you should start petitioning this WWE to clean up its act.

Lefty
06-27-2007, 11:53 AM
OTM, you read me with a dense filter on? I KNOW they were scripted matches and I'm saying he was upset about being made to lose them to a newcomer and then being relegated bk to the ECW where he started. That combined with steroids sent him over the edge. I said it was MY hunch and did not present it as fact.
Did you read the part where i said Vince has suspended wrestlers for not passing drug tests. So maybe he's trying but he can't be with the wrestlers 24 hrs a day.
Should I also petition MLB, the NFL, NBA and the whole friggin wide world?
Personal responsibility is the key.
I will continue to be a wrestling fan and you don't like it, look me up and we'll have a real street match.
Here's the line on any wrestling match: Lay 6-5 and pik em. You lose any DQ. I'll take the bets.

OTM Al
06-27-2007, 12:16 PM
The dense filter is on what you were writing. And rest assured Vince McMahon looks out after #1 and no one else. These guys are meat to him. Always have been and always will be. Big strong muscle guys are good for his pocket. He suspends guys for storyline value to cover real world problems. If he really suspended guys for steroids, you wouldn't have a program to watch. Guys that are as messed up as Benoit will blow up because someone gave them the wrong donut in the morning.

You rail so much about criminal behavior in this country. Well, pretty much every one of your beloved muscle boys is involved in a criminal conspiracy to distribute and consume illegal drugs. As long as it was just themselves they were killing I could personally care less, but now it has resulted in the death of a kid. You still want to go root for an organization like that, feel free. You believe in personal responsibility after all.

46zilzal
06-27-2007, 12:23 PM
I recall hearing Lyle Alzedo talk about how the steriods kept him in a constant rage and stated that little to nothing confronting him would set him off. He was late to dinner one night, the wife asked where he was, and via his anger he totally distmantled the dining room table and the hutch. He was not surprised when she left him.

Lefty
06-27-2007, 12:27 PM
OTm, so now I should be guardian of the world? If I gave up all entertainment i enjoy(wrestling just 1)because all participants not clean and pure i'd be here watching a wall and so would you my sanctimonious "friend."

OTM Al
06-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Personally I'd rather watch a wall than that crap.

bigmack
06-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Q: How many of these current or former "wrestlers" have died since '97, before the age of 45?

A: 60!

Tom
06-27-2007, 02:12 PM
If what Tom posted is true, sounds like a medical mystery in the making.

Seems now he sent emails to people telling them about the spitting up blood and being sick - food poisoning. He killed his son Sat/Sun and his wife on Friday, then sent the emails out. Then hung himself. So the father and son were both in the house with the mother's body for at least a day.

Police say the son was being injected with steroids.....great Dad, huh?

Tom
06-27-2007, 02:18 PM
You rail so much about criminal behavior in this country. Well, pretty much every one of your beloved muscle boys is involved in a criminal conspiracy to distribute and consume illegal drugs. As long as it was just themselves they were killing I could personally care less, but now it has resulted in the death of a kid. You still want to go root for an organization like that, feel free. You believe in personal responsibility after all.

What are you refering to?
Football?
Baseball?
Track and Field?
Bicycling?
The whole Hollywood film industry?
The music indusry?
The music industry?
The music industry?

OTM Al
06-27-2007, 02:20 PM
You forgot horse racing......

Not my point though. As I said, I could care less if they do it to themselves, even if it kills them, which it will. When it results in the death of a kid though, its well past time to drop the hammer.

Tom
06-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Horses don't have a choice. Everyone else does.

OTM Al
06-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Well, there are the jockeys and trainers too.......

Don't think we disagree about this guy though Tom. Would also say that percentagewise, I wouldn't be surprised if a greater amount of drug users exist in wrestling than the other things you mention. People just don't look like that.

Tom
06-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Yes, we agree about this scumbag - he burns in hell for a good reason.
But not sure I agree about drug use in other sports - Baseball seems pretty dirty to me. And no sprot is serious about cleaning up - if the were, they would be doing more drug testing - on all players. Mandatory testing of all players - multiple times a year and randomly- is serious. Anything less is pussyfooting.

How many kids out there have been killed or ruined by drugs because of so-called role models in BB, NFL, your name it? Many, many, more than from wrestling, I'd wager.

And since you brought up racing, when a drugged horse wins, how is that "phony" like wrestling is? At least they admitt wrestling is scripted and everyone knows it. Can horse racing make that claim?
And When Barry Bonds cheats to hit hommers, is that not phony when other players are competing by the rules?

From what I see, wrestling is entertainment, scripted, and perfomred by very gifted atheletes doing thier own stunts. It is not rally a sport, but I do not consider BB or Football sports either. Entertainment, by gifted atheletes, scripted so that some have drug advantages over others.

Nothing important ever occurred in a wrestling ring, a ball parks, a stadium, or on a racetrack.

OTM Al
06-27-2007, 04:11 PM
I think the difference may lie in when you said "other sports". Wrestling is different than the sports and is more like recording and Hollywood. The drugs are done to project an image, not to win a game or championship. Not sure if one is really worse than the other, but clearly both are pretty poor reasons.

I agree that sports don't do enough to police themselves, but at least they have some incentive to...even if it is protecting the level playing field for gamblers, which is doubtless part of the consideration whether they will admit it or not (not).

Wrestling however has no incentive to police itself. They want to have comic book looking, bigger than life heros. Bigger is better here. Athletes, even the ones juicing, don't get this big. Maybe kids won't juice because wrestlers are their heros, but what exactly are we saying to them when we imply that such behavior is acceptable? There have been many kids injured trying to emulate what the wrestlers do on TV, which is just about as dumb. We do pretty poor jobs as adults by letting children have athletes and entertainers as role models IMO.

Wrestling is very much directed at young people and frankly I wouldn't let a young child watch the stuff. Besides the evident drug use, it glorifies conflict resolution by the use of violence. We got enough of that reading the paper every day, thanks. If a teen or adult wants to watch it, that doesn't bother me so much unless I hear them start talking about it as if it's real. That bothers me. Sometimes I wonder if we as a people are dumbing ourselves down with stuff like this....different arguement though, but should open up to my biases here.

I find Vince McMahon, I must admit, a very interesting person. He is a very smart man and has made himself very wealthy with his product. Frankly though, I don't think he cares that much about the meat he throws in the ring. Popular characters come and go. He can replace them at a whim and write some new story his devoted legions will eat up and that means more merchandise. He's been in full spin mode since he found out what happened. Its almost laughable that one of the first press statements that came out was that steroids had nothing to do with what happened...right.

Anyway, it was a lot more fun to make those homoerotic jabs last week than talk about something like this

JustRalph
06-27-2007, 05:05 PM
The dense filter is on what you were writing. And rest assured Vince McMahon looks out after #1 and no one else. These guys are meat to him. Always have been and always will be. Big strong muscle guys are good for his pocket. He suspends guys for storyline value to cover real world problems. If he really suspended guys for steroids, you wouldn't have a program to watch. Guys that are as messed up as Benoit will blow up because someone gave them the wrong donut in the morning.

Be careful Al, based on the above...........there a couple of hundred people who should be indicted in Major League Baseball............but then again.......that wouldn't make your view incorrect........... :lol:

Lefty
06-27-2007, 06:49 PM
OTM, peole don't look like that? Weighlifters do. Some of them use steroids too but not all. I used to weightlift with guys that look like that and none used steroids. In the fifties they just used Weider supplements. One guy I had the pleasure of knowing was Earle Clarke. He went on to become Mr America.
Given you don't like wrestling. that's fine by me. But I do, please allow me my choice.

PaceAdvantage
06-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Seems now he sent emails to people telling them about the spitting up blood and being sick - food poisoning. He killed his son Sat/Sun and his wife on Friday, then sent the emails out. Then hung himself. So the father and son were both in the house with the mother's body for at least a day.

Police say the son was being injected with steroids.....great Dad, huh?

I can't even comprehend what it must take (either chemically, psychologically, etc.) to get someone to this point of "brain short-circuitness."

JustRalph
06-28-2007, 05:43 PM
This case gets wacky by the minute.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html

Web Time Stamps Indicate Nancy Benoit's Death Reported on Web at Least 13 Hours Before Police Found Bodies in Her Home

An anonymous user operating a computer traced to Stamford, Conn. — home to World Wrestling Entertainment — posted an entry to pro wrestler Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org announcing the death of his wife Nancy at least 13 hours before police in suburban Atlanta said they found her body along with her husband's and that of their 7-year-old son, FOXNews.com has learned.

~more at the link~

Lefty
06-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Chavo Guerro, on the tribute show on Mon said he had been to Benoit's house either the day before or 2 days before. That's very strange now that we know the wife was killed on a Fri. Was Chavo lying to make his tribute seem more genuine or what? Hmmm...

JustRalph
06-28-2007, 09:50 PM
I bet he wishes he would have kept his mouth shut..............