PDA

View Full Version : when do you bet?

beertapper
06-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Just wondering when most of you bet... i'm usually betting with 3-4 minutes before post to avoid getting shut out, but am finding that alot of my bets go from overlay to underlay in that time frame..

Kelso
06-24-2007, 11:01 PM
i'm usually betting with 3-4 minutes before post to avoid getting shut out, but am finding that alot of my bets go from overlay to underlay in that time frame..

Haven't seen it up close yet, but it appears that Premier Turf Club's "conditional wagering" option was written with you in mind. (I think it fires at 1 minute.)

BillW
06-25-2007, 01:32 AM
Haven't seen it up close yet, but it appears that Premier Turf Club's "conditional wagering" option was written with you in mind. (I think it fires at 1 minute.)

Presently it is selectable at 10,5, 3,2,1:30, 1 and 30 secs. before post. A manual option is also available (dump the queue with a click).

dbdawg
06-25-2007, 10:30 AM
I use a Que and send when they are going in but have found horses on my bubble -drop. The way the system is built bets are held at hubs till they have all the wagers and then the hub sends them to the track. Everyone assumes when the odds change with the horses are half way around the track it past posting. Please!!! The odds change at the last min. for the convience of the industry. Customer service suck. :bang:

JohnGalt1
06-26-2007, 08:56 PM
I put all my bets in for each track as soon as I finish structuring them. I started doing this during the days where the crowds were large, like Claiming Crown and opening days. And I always place all my Breeder's Cup bets on Friday, and watch at home.

This avoids getting shut out. And since I watch the races outdoors I can watch relaxed and not have to scramble to handicap between races.

If a horse goes off at less than the odds I'll accept, I cancel my ticket usually 1-2 minutes before post time. Walking to a window or SAM to get money back is almost like a win, especially when that horse loses.

If you make pick 6, 4, and 3 wagers, you have to handicap ahead of time and you have to put those bets in early anyway.

I do this mostly because it is less stressful.

demaloot
06-27-2007, 10:54 AM
I usually just bet way in advance.

Rarely watch races.

I find this works best for me now.

In the past, you can get suckered into staying at the track...

chasing loses during a bad day.

Usually best just to bet and leave.

If you want to see the race, replays are always available,

NY BRED
07-01-2007, 10:10 AM
I believe Australia(currently or years back) allowed you to lock in your
odds whenever you bet..

what an idea for American racing :jump:

socantra
07-01-2007, 12:53 PM
After doing a spot check on Brisbet last year and finding that, depending on track and time of day, anywhere from 35% to 75% of the win pool was coming in after 0 minutes to post, I started using a combination of morning line and trying to anticipate what the crowd would bet down or ignore.

It doesn't seem to have appreciably affected my bottom line and the stress factor is greatly lessened. Now I can bet any time after scratches. Sometimes they get bet down, but it doesn't seem to happen any more than when I waited til 1 minute to post