PDA

View Full Version : Hawthorne may not open tonight

billrock
06-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Due to a strike by mutuel clerks.

billrock
06-22-2007, 02:15 PM
I just read that Hawthorne will still have the races, but without betting fans on-track. Fans are being urged to go to an OTB or another track to bet the races.

romanoble77
06-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Hawthorne just opened and already problems? Cant they use the machines? Won't effect me if i bet it will be simulcast. My track of chose is meadowlands. Yonkers has taken some of the horses with there higher purses. But the big M is still the best mile track in N.A.

harcapper
06-23-2007, 06:39 AM
Roman,

To answer your question, the tellers are union so the folks that service the SAM machines will not be there. If you have used their self service machines before you already know that failure is only a matter of time.

Who would retrieve your $300 voucher that the SAM machine ate???

Hawthorne just opened and already problems? Cant they use the machines? Won't effect me if i bet it will be simulcast. My track of chose is meadowlands.

romanoble77
06-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Capper point well taken i use the machines only when there are few tellers. Which is a problem at my track, personally the management at rosecroft raceway is not very good. Good luck with the strike. Charlie.

harcapper
06-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Used to use the machines all the time. Many an eaton voucher at Hawthorne.

Now I sit at home logged onto my betting service and use HRTV, TVG and various video. No lines, no waiting, no gas at $3 a gallon and I only get shutout on the rare occasion when my computer snaggs.

I can even wager just before they say go with the service I use which is huge. Especially when I play trotters.

Capper point well taken i use the machines only when there are few tellers. Which is a problem at my track, personally the management at rosecroft raceway is not very good. Good luck with the strike. Charlie.