PDA

View Full Version : Innocent man beaten to death by Austin mob

GaryG
06-21-2007, 09:44 AM
I am surprised that this has not gotten more play. If the ethnicity was reversed you can imagine the cry for justice. Hey Texans: Is this a big story in the Lone Star State?
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/06/20/national/a110433D50.DTL

46zilzal
06-21-2007, 11:50 AM
When I took anatomy, many of the Texans in my class used to tell me that the three out-cropping shelves of tissue in the bowel were called the Valves of Houston AFTER some one had lived in the city of the same name and saw a strong correlation to that part of the body. Even the locals knew that the place was different.

http://www.chaseunion.com/documents/rectal/procexam.htm

bigmack
06-21-2007, 12:13 PM
When I took anatomy, many of the Texans in my class used to tell me that the three out-cropping shelves of tissue in the bowel were called the Valves of Houston AFTER some one had lived in the city of the same name and saw a strong correlation to that part of the body. Even the locals knew that the place was different.
Or was it a guy named Houston who did research on the area & took note that; in the empty state of the intestine these folds overlap each other, as Houston remarks, so effectually as to require considerable maneuvering to conduct a bougie or the finger along the canal?

GaryG
06-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Is he saying that Texas is the asshole of the world? I hope not....I love Texas!

46zilzal
06-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Is he saying that Texas is the asshole of the world? I hope not....I love Texas!
I can't argue that it is a paradise, but the previous opinion was put forth by my friends as a joke after learning that an anatomical designation reminded them of one of their major cities. When I was there, the directors of a bank sold 400% of the stock to investors....great place..as I was able to escape after only 9 months there.

ezrabrooks
06-21-2007, 06:06 PM
I can't argue that it is a paradise, but the previous opinion was put forth by my friends as a joke after learning that an anatomical designation reminded them of one of their major cities. When I was there, the directors of a bank sold 400% of the stock to investors....great place..as I was able to escape after only 9 months there.

You say "escape"...but could it have been "run out of town"? Yeah...over selling is just a Texas phenomena (oil deal..maybe).

Ez

Shacopate
06-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Gary,

That's unfortunate, very unfortunate. I went to BCR in Daytona Beach a few months ago and I was the only "white boy" there amongst a crowd of about 10,000. That's where I met RDG:

http://www.rdgproductions.com/

Not one person said an unkind word to me. They actually seemed to respect me for being there.

It was no different from Bike Week or Nascar Week.

So I think this is the exception rather than the rule.

chickenhead
06-21-2007, 09:22 PM
I happened to stop by the Juneteenth festivities on Fillmore street in SF as I was down that way last Sunday. Had some tasty barbeque and took in some good tunes, it was nice. (I had never heard of Juneteenth before, still not sure what it is, but if there is a good chance their will be southerners on the grill, and cajuns on the stage...I stop.)

Sounds like a very bad scene down in Tx, I hope they round up all the perps. And yes that would be national news, it would be lawdy lawdy holy shit chaos and crisis time if colors were reversed.

Shacopate
06-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Don't think that way guys. We all have red blood...we all sweat and cry in the same color. We are all human beings and God created ALL men EQUAL.

Not trying to preach, just trying to understand.

Peace...love...and good karma to all.

GaryG
06-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Don't think that way guys. We all have red blood...we all sweat and cry in the same color. We are all human beings and God created ALL men EQUAL.Of course he did. What chickie and I are saying is the media treatment would be completely different. This would have Imus to the tenth power.And we all know that Jackson and Sharpton would have been there in a nanosecond to ratchet things up to the limit.

Snag
06-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Hey Texans: Is this a big story in the Lone Star State?
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/06/20/national/a110433D50.DTL

It got a little bit on the evening news the next day. The local paper here in Ft. Worth had the story on the inside with only a tease on the front page.

schweitz
06-23-2007, 08:00 AM
This morning's Star-Telegram has a story that says the victim was beaten to death by 3 or 4 guys that had no connection to the nearby Juneteenth celebration.