PDA

View Full Version : WWE DOES IT BETTER THAN SOPRANOS?

Lefty
06-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Yes, they did. As most know the big Sopranos ending laid a brick with the black screen.
Vince McMahon, the owner of the WWE goes away for long periods, then comes back and fires the guy currently running Raw or Smackdown(this time it was Raw) and inserts himself in the script for 6 months or so and then goes away again. This time he pulls the crazy act because he lost the ECW championship that he won from Bobby Lashley by pitting himself, son Shane and the Samoan Bulldozer Umaga against Lashley. The third time he did this, this time defending the championship, Lashley manages to turn the tables and regain the championship. Vince is going nuts. 2 mondays ago he comes to the ring obviously in distress and just says thank you to the booing fans who he has alienated over the yrs with his antics. He takes the long walk out of the building, past all the superstars and gets into his stretch limo. As SOON as the door closdes, BAM! it blows up and is engulfed in flame.
If only the Sopranos ending had been half that good...

46zilzal
06-19-2007, 12:32 PM
you have found your niche

kenwoodallpromos
06-19-2007, 01:42 PM
I do not think that will end Vince's stupidity in the ring.

Lefty
06-19-2007, 07:01 PM
zilly, Yes, I have and that's commenting on everything i observe with style. Thanks.

Gibbon
06-20-2007, 02:41 AM
"... Vince is going nuts..." Although WWE stock has been neutral for a couple of years, WWE does offer an attractive 5.60% interest. Strong balance sheets, low debt and a well run company.

Vince McMahon is a shrewd business man.

hcap
06-20-2007, 05:28 AM
Lefty,

You sure are one for pretend. First George W pretends to be a preznit and you believe it. Then faux news pretends to be news, and you buy it. Now you seem to be mouth-breathing agaga about wrestling.

The pattern fits.
Or are you just so immersed in the pretend stuff that you just don't care as long as it is fun?? :D

OTM Al
06-20-2007, 09:25 AM
I just never will understand this stuff. How does a show that involves scantily clad, well oiled muscle men grappling with each other surrounded by what amounts to a soap opera sell so well in places where homosexuality is so frowned upon?

Tom
06-20-2007, 09:44 AM
It' s the scantily clad WOMEN that do it! :eek:

Tom
06-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Did you see Hillary's Soprano knock off to announce her new song?
Actually, pretty funny - Bill says "I'm rooting for Smashmouth!" :lol:

OTM Al
06-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Uh huh.....Ok Tom. Just keep telling that story.... :)

GaryG
06-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Did you see Hillary's Soprano knock off to announce her new song?
Actually, pretty funny - Bill says "I'm rooting for Smashmouth!" :lol:That was just great! Won her a lot of fans too I suspect.

Lefty
06-20-2007, 11:35 AM
hcap, and you sure are one for insults. You managed to take my analogy between the WWE and the Sopranos and turn it into an insult to both the prez and me.
I'm very eclectic and enjoy several forms of entertainment and also enjoy politics. Too bad you just enjoy putting people down.

Tom
06-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Uh huh.....Ok Tom. Just keep telling that story.... :)

Really! I saw it on CNN last night. It's on her website, not sure the URL, but try

ohmygodnonotherarrrrgh.com :lol:

OTM Al
06-20-2007, 12:08 PM
And they call it.....Monkey Looooove!!!!!

I cannot believe I am commenting on wrestling.....

GaryG
06-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Al, are you saying the boys in Frisco are wrestling fans?

OTM Al
06-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Actually, I don't think a single gay person I know (and working where I do I know many) actually likes wrestling. They do however see the great humor about how so many of the so called all-American male types seem to enjoy watching men so much. That's all I'm saying....

Lefty
06-20-2007, 12:31 PM
otm, you gay hangup is your own and you are projecting it onto others. I enjoy watching to see the acrobatics, and try to outguess the scriptwriters. Where else can you see 250-300 lb men do double flips off the top rope. And when they miss(and they know it will happen)and land on their back, head or butt, that's gotta hurt. Could you make your body do that? I know I couldn't.

OTM Al
06-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Hey, whatever you say.....I'm not the one getting all sensitive about watching big sweaty men jumping on each other.

Tom
06-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Lefty, I find wrestling very entertaining - some of the stuff they pull is hilarious - like the night DX had Mr McMahon liking "chickens!" :rolleyes: Sort of....:lol:

hcap
06-21-2007, 05:51 AM
Lefty hcap, and you sure are one for insults. You managed to take my analogy between the WWE and the Sopranos and turn it into an insult to both the prez and me.
I'm very eclectic and enjoy several forms of entertainment and also enjoy politics. Too bad you just enjoy putting people down.Sorry you were offended. Not sorry if I offended the preznit however. He could learn a thing or two about preznitting from WWE.

Tom
06-21-2007, 07:30 AM
Lefty, this is what IGGY is for - this nutcase has not EVER posted anythng that contributes to anyone -why even bother reading his virtual-vomit?

hcap
06-21-2007, 07:54 AM
"Whaddaya mean we're out of bananas?????"

Well monkey brain this time youse is right.

http://www.bartcop.com/presidential-banana.jpg

The preznit could learn a thing or two from the WWE.
Virtual Vomit? Sounds like a pop group.

Tom
06-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Yup. Works fine! :lol:

GaryG
06-21-2007, 09:46 AM
I only recently began to enjoy the Joy of IGGY.....ahhhhhhh. :cool:

Tom
06-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Remember the old TV game show Password?

"It's not what you say that counts, it's what you don't say!"

:jump::jump::jump:
You don't say!

Lefty
06-21-2007, 11:15 AM
hcap, we get it, you don't like Bush lowering taxes and you don't like Bush fighting the bad guys. Just don't contaminate non political threads with your bile.

Lefty
06-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Tom, slight correction: That wasn't Password, that was, "YOU DOn'T SAY."
Remember when Betty Hutton was on that prgm? Poor dear just couldn't get the concept, so after a couple of days of struggling she disappeared from the show. They said something important came up that she had to attend to.

Suff
06-21-2007, 11:41 AM
. I enjoy watching to see the acrobatics,

Where else can you see 250-300 lb men flip the top .

And when they miss their head or butt, that's gotta hurt. Could you make your body do that?

Am I reading this right? Lefty's Gay?

Tom
06-21-2007, 12:01 PM
More garbage.

Lefty
06-21-2007, 10:05 PM
No, Suff, not the first time you have changed my words.

BUT, I may be a Lesbian in a man's body.

PaceAdvantage
06-22-2007, 02:52 AM
Am I reading this right? Lefty's Gay?

Guess what? Not funny...although you and Gary may want to team up in the future.