PDA

View Full Version : And another oversight by News media

ljb
06-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Bush Administration/Industry block anti-terrorist measures
snippet.
For nearly seven years, the chemical, oil and gas industries have successfully fought proposals to require stringent anti-terror security measures at facilities storing poisonous materials such as chlorine and methyl mercaptan.
link to full story

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/06/18/bush-industry-block-anti_n_52606.html

Tom
06-19-2007, 07:35 AM
Got that in a legitimate news source, besides " Life For Dummies."

The Paris Hilton of politics. :D

ljb
06-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Got that in a legitimate news source, besides " Life For Dummies."

The Paris Hilton of politics. :D
Like the thread title says. Another one the news media seems to have overlooked. Or were you reffering to faux infotainment ? :D

Secretariat
06-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Bush Administration/Industry block anti-terrorist measures
snippet.
For nearly seven years, the chemical, oil and gas industries have successfully fought proposals to require stringent anti-terror security measures at facilities storing poisonous materials such as chlorine and methyl mercaptan.
link to full story

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/06/18/bush-industry-block-anti_n_52606.html

Thanks. Missed this. Part of Bush's plan for homeland security I suppose.

"You're doing a heckuva job Brownie."

skate
06-20-2007, 05:41 PM
yah, its almost like Uncle George sees "freedom from Gov." as if its something that this country is ALL about.:blush:

do the Chemical co. like ICI, provide any of their own security.?:eek:

gees, lets get Uncle to spend a little more of the "FREE" money. aintmine:lol:

GaryG
06-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Youse guys complain about Fox and call this news....well, it is better than the Daily Worker i guess....:rolleyes:

Gibbon
06-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Both Rep's and Dem's have blocked anti-terrorist tactics.

Simply witness the massive amounts of narco terrorist products allowed to cross our borders with impunity.

Not just Central and South America. Now, Israel has found easy profits manufacturing ecstasy for export here. Without border and port security – security is an illusion.

ljb
06-20-2007, 07:37 PM
yah, its almost like Uncle George sees "freedom from Gov." as if its something that this country is ALL about.:blush:

do the Chemical co. like ICI, provide any of their own security.?:eek:

gees, lets get Uncle to spend a little more of the "FREE" money. aintmine:lol:
Skate DUH !
This isn't about spending gubbermint money, it is about making the chemical companies adhere to anti-terrorist procedures and rules. Perhaps you should read before replying idiotically.

skate
06-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Skate DUH !
This isn't about spending gubbermint money, it is about making the chemical companies adhere to anti-terrorist procedures and rules. Perhaps you should read before replying idiotically.

no!
you see, im coming from the avenue "its not there Money".

and if you regulate anything at anytime "it's gonna cost". now, who do you think is gonna pay? and guess what ? that would be fine and dandy as long as 'THE SKATE' doesn't have to listen to the crapolas;

1) how the gov is over regulating "ljb". cause we want "hands Off" gov.
2) how the cost of everything is so high. why do you suppose?
3) how do you rate "anti-terrorist procedures"? seems like, all i ever hear from the likes off 'cry babies" is that the Gov does NOT do anything proper.
butt, now, you wannnna, scream because some business and the Gov does not want ANOTHER unworthy law to adhere too.

i like being told im an idiot(from the stupid), it gives me cover.

hey hey hey, it aint Gov money:bang:

as long as you are Happy to pay, then pass, pass and keep on passing, law after law.

and stop with the " im LOSING my rights bs" already.

you want it both ways and then some.....:cool:

kenwoodallpromos
06-23-2007, 08:38 AM
The real danger is attacking helium resources:

"Uses
The following uses for helium are gathered from a number of sources as well as from anecdotal comments. I'd be delighted to receive corrections as well as additional referenced uses (please use the feedback mechanism to add uses).

filling balloons (blimps) as it is a much safer gas than hydrogen
widely used as an inert gas shield for arc welding in countries where helium is cheaper than argon
protective gas in growing ****silicon and germanium crystals, and in ****titanium and zirconium production
cooling medium for ****nuclear reactors
a mixture of 80% helium and 20% oxygen is used as an artificial atmosphere for divers and others working under pressure
cryogenic applications
as a gas for supersonic wind tunnels
a protective gas for ****semiconductor materials"

kenwoodallpromos
06-23-2007, 09:00 AM
"So why is the United States facing supply disruptions and temporary shortages?

The short answer is that demand is up and several overseas helium plants that were expected to be up and running in 2006 were delayed and down. Throw in things like the New Year’s storm in Kansas and Oklahoma that ****damaged power lines to two major refiners, and scheduled plant maintenance at other U.S. helium facilities, and Houston, we have a problem."
One Texas plant supplies 35% of the world's supply.