PDA

View Full Version : Fix-sixers to plead guilty

highnote
12-10-2002, 09:20 AM
So it looks like all three fix-sixers will plead guilty. I wish I was the prosecutor on this case. I have very little sympathy for them. They knew they were committing a crime and yet they did it anyway.

A year or two in jail, community service and restitution might make them think twice about doing it again.

If they're first time offenders they may just get a slap on the wrist.

They said in the beginning they were innocent. I wonder what changed their mind?

rrbauer
12-10-2002, 11:21 AM
swetyejohn wrote:

They said in the beginning they were innocent. I wonder what changed their mind?

Comment:
When the ringleader rolled it was over for everybody. If D. Davis had not been involved in the earlier hustle of cashing the Outs file counterfeit tickets, he might've gotten a walk on the fix six because all he did was open an account for Harn to use.

Harn placed the bets in that account over his cell phone.

Harn manipulated the bet file to make a ticket the winner.

If I was Harn I'd be watching my back real close after the dust settles. Ratting on a guy who is using a mob lawyer does not bode well for a healthy life. IMHO!

so.cal.fan
12-10-2002, 12:02 PM
Wow,
The plot thickens!!!
They just may make a movie out of this one.
It makes "THE STING" look pale.

highnote
12-10-2002, 02:47 PM
Didn't Rudy Guiliani go after organized crime figures in NYC? Maybe that's the "real" reason his firm was hired.

I hope he won't keep his findings too secret - like Henry Kissinger will probably do as head of the task force that will investigate 9/11.

Figman
12-10-2002, 10:39 PM
If this story is true, maybe the NTRA should enlist the help of the New York Racing and Wagering Board in other racing matters. After all, the Fix Six investigation result appears to be three guilty pleas within 45 days from that Board initiating its investigation on October 27th and presenting its findings to the US Attorney just last month. Well done!!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37261-2002Dec10.html

doophus
12-11-2002, 07:49 AM
1) Can they be placed in charge of Homeland Security? 2) What about charging them with the task of "following the money" with all of the non-profits that clandestinely fund Al Queda? 3) Assign them the task of questioning the goons now held at Guantanamo?

H*ll, take the FBI off the case and let the NY Racing Commishes handle all facets of any investigation?

rrbauer
12-11-2002, 11:58 AM
bloodhorse.com >> News

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=13092

DaSilva cops plea. Davis got 28-day extension.

superfecta
12-11-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by swetyejohn
So it looks like all three fix-sixers will plead guilty. I wish I was the prosecutor on this case. I have very little sympathy for them. They knew they were committing a crime and yet they did it anyway.

A year or two in jail, community service and restitution might make them think twice about doing it again.

If they're first time offenders they may just get a slap on the wrist.

They said in the beginning they were innocent. I wonder what changed their mind? I think a five year stint would be much more in order,with restitution(but who do they pay?The bettors were the victims)That would also send a message that hopefully would deter any others with similar ideas.

Derek2U
12-11-2002, 08:30 PM
Yeah give em hard time but WE players should Extract some
revenge: (1) They must do 30 days mucking stalls and (2) We
parade them down the track at the next Bcup day, them doing
the PerP walk from the 8th pole home. Then, oft to jail w/ the
bums.

Holy Bull
12-11-2002, 09:04 PM
I honestly think that Weil and Pierce guy of autotote along with the Groth guy at Capital OTB are the ones that deserve the harshest punishment. 2 of the 3 fixers were just along for the ride. How many people would say no if a friend told you that you could make millions with little risk of getting caught if you just put your name on the account? As for the 3rd, he rigged the system, but they (autotote) left it there right for the taking. And afterward, instead of a bitter multi year expensive legal battle, he came clean and accepted responsibility. Now the real winners will get their money in a reasonable amount of time instead of having to wait years on end and who knows what the verdict would be.

rrbauer
12-12-2002, 12:03 AM
Holy Bull wrote:
I honestly think that Weil and Pierce guy of autotote along with the Groth guy at Capital OTB are the ones that deserve the harshest punishment.

Comment:
I'll drink to that! The problem is that there are many dozens more of the Weils and Pierces and Groths out there that are just as ignorant about the state of their systems who will "speak the speak" about how everything is top cabin until the crap hits the fan....then, they disappear into the cracks and crevices until the air clears. Of course, they still get their paychecks and bonus money and pretty soon if they can avoid any more credibility damage, they're back "speaking the speak" again. It's simply a manifestation of monopolies (Autotote) and politics (NY OTB's).