PDA

View Full Version : Holly, Colorado

Paging
06-18-2007, 02:59 AM
I was curious if anyone knows any of the history (years of operation, types of races - quaters etc?) of a track that existed in Holly, Colorado?

Thanks,

stu
06-18-2007, 09:14 AM
I have received several stall apps from that town. I will do some asking around once they get here in 4-6 weeks.

K9Pup
06-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Arapahoe Park??????

http://www.mihiracing.com/arapahoe_park.shtml

boomman
06-18-2007, 10:44 AM
I was curious if anyone knows any of the history (years of operation, types of races - quaters etc?) of a track that existed in Holly, Colorado?

Thanks,

The name of the track was Gateway Downs and operated for about 25 years and was run by a group of horsemen headed by Marvin Wilhite. It was a 1/2 mile bullring with a 440 straightaway chute for quarter horses and closed about 15 years ago for live racing, but is still used as a training facility in the winter time......

Boomer

cnollfan
06-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Holly has had a rough year. They were hit by a gigantic blizzard or two in January and then by a tornado this spring.

Paging
06-19-2007, 05:48 PM
The name of the track was Gateway Downs and operated for about 25 years and was run by a group of horsemen headed by Marvin Wilhite. It was a 1/2 mile bullring with a 440 straightaway chute for quarter horses and closed about 15 years ago for live racing, but is still used as a training facility in the winter time......

Boomer

Thank you for that information Boomer.

boomman
06-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Thank you for that information Boomer.

No problem Paging! When you've worked at as many small tracks as I have over the course of my career, you become very familar with a lot of the smaller "venues"!:) Boomer