PDA

View Full Version : Update on Mariano Rivera

melman
06-14-2007, 09:10 AM
In his last 10 1/3 innings no runs five hits with one walk while striking out 12. For the month of May an ERA of 1.74. Does not sound like he is over the hill to me. :) To an earlier question of "who would you rather have Rivera or Papalbon I would say "give me Mo". The best closer in the history of the game and still number one. BTW I am NOT a big Yankees fan but greatness is Rivera over the course of his career.

GaryG
06-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Hope he keeps it up, he is the most dominant relief pitcher I have ever seen. There might not be quite as much laughing and scratching in beantown these days....still a long way to go.

DanG
06-14-2007, 10:08 AM
All while using one pitch and NEVER changing speeds. Just boggles the mind what he has accomplished under intense pressure.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

PS: This is comparing two 5-star restaurants however. Papalbon is just a monster. :ThmbUp:

BIG RED
06-15-2007, 02:17 PM
I can't compare the both, Pap hasn't been around long enough.

Gary > Past two weeks RedSox have been in a bad slump and the Yanks have been very hot, and that gets them.......to 8 games behind. Don't think it's time to worry. When they both level out again, Yankees will have to do the struggle dang.
Granted, still early in season.

njcurveball
06-15-2007, 02:29 PM
The last month Rivera has 5 saves and 14 strike-outs in 12 1/3 innings. His ERA is 0.73

Papelbon also has 5 saves in that time frame with 17 strike-outs in 10 innings and an ERA of 2.70

Obviously a tough choice, but Rivera has to get the call on his winning experience and incredible playoff record.