PDA

View Full Version : AWD and ROI

betovernetcapper
06-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Yesterday I bet $240.
I won $225.25
If I would have bet with Bris, I would have a $1 ROI of .94 or a 6 cent loss per dollar. :ThmbDown:
I bet with PTC and my $1 ROI was........(drum roll)......$1.01 or a 1 cent profit per dollar. :ThmbUp:

46zilzal
06-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Just about everyon who really does well, and I can almost remember the quote from Pizzola, says: You make about 80% of your profit on 20% of the contests. Break even days are to be expected.

cj
06-13-2007, 02:02 PM
I don't think that was the point of the post.

richrosa
06-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Since I've joined PTC, "the rewards program", has made a couple of tracks I've bet at a loss become break-even or profitable.

Also, I'm a bit looser with a wagering strategy that I employ, and find that the "reward program" becomes a safety net for that aggressiveness.

For the life of me I cannot understand why a person who is playing the tracks that are offered by PTC is playing anywhere else, especially given the instability in the ADW market. I for one, have almost completely stopped playing any tracks where I'm not getting a reward, and putting 99% of my personal handle through PTC where I have no worries at all about the politics of where to bet today. It helps that I like MNR, IND, and EVD this time of year. For the first time this year I will wager on WO tonight, just because PTC carries the signal.

JustMissed
06-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Rich,

Do you have other accounts so you can bet Belmont, Calder, Churchhill, Tampa, etc. or do you just only bet the PTC tracks?

JM

chickenhead
06-13-2007, 03:07 PM
I hope they can take CA residents soon. I would like to bet with them.

BillW
06-13-2007, 03:09 PM
I hope they can take CA residents soon. I would like to bet with them.

Presently, doesn't CA only allow CA ADW's to operate there?

chickenhead
06-13-2007, 03:10 PM
is that it? :ThmbDown:

BillW
06-13-2007, 03:17 PM
is that it? :ThmbDown:

I'm sure Ian would know, but I think I've heard that.

richrosa
06-13-2007, 03:59 PM
I've had a BrisBet account for years. I haven't bet much CD or the tracks that they carry. I've bet BEL only on track. I've wagered some HOL, especially on Friday nights, but I've had to call to do that.

Truthfully, I desperately miss playing EMD. Its by far and away one of my best, and fits the nighttime profile when I can play the most.

I find that once you get used to the "rewards", you can't live without them, and it WILL curtail the tracks you play. Normally a $12 winner is a $12 winner the same at BEL, CD, or SA and the less classier tracks like EMD, MNR, and IND, however when the $100 you wager is really $90 that classiness of the product starts to mean a lot less.

If you guys start supporting a rebate shop like PTC in a big way, you can singlehandedly change this business. Once the handle moves to the AWD that support pari-mutuel, on-shore rebates, the industry will notice. The AWD's think we are all too stupid to understand rebates. I hope we all prove them wrong.

My first $100 in wagers today will feel more like $90. That's easily enough savings for a good beer and a fine hand-rolled cigar to drink and smoke while I watch the product at a less classier track.

sligg
06-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Yesterday I bet $240.
I won $225.25
If I would have bet with Bris, I would have a $1 ROI of .94 or a 6 cent loss per dollar. :ThmbDown:
I bet with PTC and my $1 ROI was........(drum roll)......$1.01 or a 1 cent profit per dollar. :ThmbUp:

What is the link to PTC

cj
06-13-2007, 04:34 PM
What is the link to PTC

http://www.premierturfclub.com

I've been using them for about a week, and it really is a very, very nice site. The customer service has been fabulous as well.

michiken
06-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Sorry for off topic but does PTC have live video? If not, is it in the works?

losealot
06-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Please give me several examples of the size of the rebates, depending on how much I wager...

I've been to the site and couldn't find any specifics on rebates. It's like send us your money first and then we'll tell you...

Thanks!

losealot

betovernetcapper
06-15-2007, 09:10 PM
The rates vary by track and bet type-rates are GREAT. :ThmbUp:

trying2win
06-17-2007, 01:43 AM
I've been with Premier Turf Club for a few weeks now and I'm very happy with the rebates. In addition, the service from Ian Meyers on answering my questions has been superb.

One thing some horseplayers might overlook, is that Canadian tracks carried by PTC have only nickel breakage, while the majority of U.S. tracks have the rip off, dime breakage affecting parimutuel payoffs. So, in effect the extra dime here and there on your winning wagers on Canadian tracks is like getting an additional rebate.

T2W

Ivan
06-17-2007, 02:02 AM
I'm in California so I'm screwed...Can't join:ThmbDown: