PDA

View Full Version : Clark vs Lieberman

hcap
06-13-2007, 06:39 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gen-wesley-clark/joe-lieberman-is-at-it-ag_b_51828.html

"Only someone who never wore the uniform or thought seriously about national security would make threats at this point. What our soldiers need is responsible strategy, not a further escalation of tensions in the region. Senator Lieberman must act more responsibly and tone down his threat machine"

Can it be? Can the crybaby stop crying?

Not with this lineage....

http://www.bartcop.com/kissyface-baby.jpg

kenwoodallpromos
06-13-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm making a liar out of Clark because I was in the military and I agree with the Senator.

Secretariat
06-13-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm making a liar out of Clark because I was in the military and I agree with the Senator.

Lieberrman is now being rejected by the same group that helped elect him for those comments. The man is nothing more than a poster boy for AIPAC. I don't understand why he is even on Face the Nation. When has any other independent such as Bernie Sanders been interviewed there? In fact when has an antiwar progrssive such as Russ Feingold or Barbara Boxer been on there? They keep bringing Lieberman to the pundits as if he speaks for the 20% in favor or this travesty of a civil war.

hcap
06-14-2007, 05:12 AM
kenwoodallpromos I'm making a liar out of Clark because I was in the military and I agree with the Senator.Because you agree with Lieberbaby does not make Clark wrong. Neither does your service or non service make you right. Remember Cheney got multiple deferments, and for that matter rush pigboy got out because of pimples on his behind.

Clark is no chicken hawk neophyte arm chair pundit.

How'bout defeatocrat maybe? Surrender monkey? French? Chamberlain?
No freedom fries for you Wes. Ken served and says you is wrong. :eek: :eek:

kenwoodallpromos
06-14-2007, 12:15 PM
"(CBS) The United States should launch military strikes against Iran if the government in Tehran does not stop supplying anti-American forces in Iraq, Sen. Joe Lieberman said Sunday on Face The Nation.

"I think we've got to be prepared to take aggressive military action against the Iranians to stop them from killing Americans in Iraq," Lieberman told Bob Schieffer. "And to me, that would include a strike into... over the border into Iran, *****where we have good evidence**** that they have a base at which they are training these people coming back into Iraq to kill our soldiers."

No US citizen should be in favor of unprovoked attacks on any Americans in or out of uniforms by another country without a reponse to the specific military unit where those attacks came from. Or did you not read the original quote?

JustRalph
06-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Clark is no chicken hawk neophyte arm chair pundit.

nope, he is just another in a long history of Military officers who were disappointed when their careers ended short of their lofty goals........and so they go off the reservation and decide that they should be promoted to War Czar in the civilian sector. Some even think they deserve to be President............Sweet Dreams baby!

hcap
06-15-2007, 05:57 AM
We have had quite a few high rank military criticizing our misadventures in cowboy diplomacy, and the shit ass execution of the war.
Clark is not the only one calling for real diplomacy. The Baker commission as well.

There is more to foreign policy than bomb, bomb , bomb Iran. The track record of the rear facing jockeys and wishful thinking trainers riding and saddling our horses in the mid east is 0 for 100.
Lousy bet.

Lefty
06-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Diplomacy? Hmmm. How do you reason with a madman? They're only 2-3 yrs awayufrom having those nukes they're working on. How long do we wait?

Tom
06-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Lieberman has done womething libs really get upset about - thinking for himselve.

Being bored, I used thread tools to show a printable verison and see just what Hcap posted to start this off. Hmmmmmm, disappointing. More childish cartoons instead of thought. I really thought during his sentence to IGGY he would have grown up some. Apparently not. Still pointing at his poop and telling mommy - "LOOK what I made!"
:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Suff
06-15-2007, 12:47 PM
nope, he is just another in a long history of Military officers who were disappointed when their careers ended short of their lofty goals........and so they go off the reservation and decide that they should be promoted to War Czar in the civilian sector. Some even think they deserve to be President............Sweet Dreams baby!

You in particular should pay close attention to the word "recrimination". An invoice will appear in your life. It will have a balance owed for your words and deeds of the last 5 years. You are bankrupt so there will be a problem.

How many more great Americans will you shame so that you can justify your murderous rage and hate for America?

Dance around this one. From Yesterday.

Were our founding fathers here, they would surely look on Iraq with horror and judge that the nation they created had fundamentally lost its way. If the war in Iraq leads the United States to return to its traditional, restrained grand strategy, then perhaps the whole experience will not have been in vain.

The American people seem to understand, however -- and historians will certainly agree -- that the war itself was a catastrophic mistake. It was a faulty grand strategy, not poor implementation.

The consequences are likely to be profound, throwing American politics into a downward spiral of bitter recriminations the likes of which it has not seen in a generation.

Christopher Fettweis
National Security Affairs
U.S. Naval War College