PDA

View Full Version : Spurs up 3-0 on Cavs

dav4463
06-13-2007, 06:24 AM
I know the ratings are low, the Spurs are boring, blah, blah, blah, but you have to respect the San Antonio Spurs. This team is up 3-0 in the NBA finals. The Spurs are looking for their fourth title in nine years and NO TEAM IN ANY SPORT has a better win percentage than the Spurs over the past ten years. (since Tim Duncan arrived.)

I don't think the Spurs are boring myself. I appreciate great "team" basketball over the hyped superstar individual. I also appreciate defense, which the Spurs do better than anyone.

The media constantly reminds us that the finals are boring, so the "dancing with the stars" crowd obviously will not watch, but for real basketball fans....the Spurs are very entertaining.

If you just don't like basketball, I understand. However, if you do like basketball and aren't just a jealous Mavs or Suns fan....you have to appreciate what the Spurs have done over the past decade.

boomman
06-13-2007, 06:23 PM
dav:I will say right up front that having worked for the Phoenix Suns in media relations for 5 years, that I am a fan of theirs and do think they were "robbed" by those suspensions, and honestly do feel that Phoenix would have won that series in 7 games if that had not happened. But I will certainly give the Spurs their "props"! They seem to play 10 deep, have a truckload of talent, and are well coached by Popp. Cleveland is completely overmatched in this series, and the true NBA final was when the Spurs played the Suns, although because Stern screwed up, that series should have taken place after the Suns dispatched Utah......

Boomer

dav4463
06-13-2007, 10:15 PM
I have total respect for the Suns. (not the mavs though!) I still think that the Spurs would have won anyway because that's what this team does. The Suns have never been able to beat the Spurs in a series that I can remember.

I really thought Phoenix played incredibly well the game that Amare and Boris were out. I don't think they would have played any better with them in there. It is a fact that when a team loses a key player, FOR ONE GAME, the team can ride emotion and other players always step up and put together a great effort.

It reminded me of the year Kareem was injured and Magic stepped in at center and scored 42 points as the Lakers beat the Sixers and won the title. No one would say LA was a better team without Kareem, but for one night they were.

In that suspension game, I just didn't think the Suns could play any better. It took that late dagger three by Bowen to put it away. I thought the Spurs played a little "apologetic" in that game and didn't wake up until the second half. I still think the Spurs win the series. Based on past performance, it just stands to reason.

Bottom line is they broke a rule that everybody knew was a rule and it's a bummer, but it happened. I know Duncan and Parker stepped on the floor when Elson was undercut, but there was no rush to enter an altercation, so that argument doesn't hold water. Boris and Amare practically ran on the court to enter a possible fight. That's why they got suspended.