PDA

View Full Version : More Corruption at Philly Park

befuddlem
06-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Sorry folks, but the decisions being made there have absolutely no consistency. 2 objections thus far today, and one results in a dq, where one doesn't. Both infractions were basically the same with the second one being more flagrant than the first. I know you people will be quick to defend the stewards, but look at it objectively. This sort of garbage destroys horse racing! Races 3 and 8. Both involving Apprentice Carol Cedeno, and both go in her favor. Both wins were awarded to the higher priced horse. To the stewards who made these decisions, I say if you take the first one down, you definately had to take the second one down. Shame on you!

1099please
06-12-2007, 04:17 PM
I didnt see the last race you are talking about, but I was very suprised to see them take down the 6 horse in the 3rd. It seemed like minor contact possibly after the wire.

skate
06-12-2007, 04:21 PM
its obvious, you must be correct...

we should abolish the sport.

hey, they were doing the exact same things during the baseball game last nite.
and i remember several bad bad bad calls, last year, in all footballs games ive ever seen.

and, baskets, you cant believe, the calls... im shocked.

lets put a STOP to the madness.

hey, i got it, hiking!
no rules, no refs, no payouts, no bribes, just broads and butts, all day long.

im easy, youve won my heart:kiss:

Ivan
Not suprised. Philly Park is on its way out

:cool:

46zilzal
I didnt see the last race you are talking about, but I was very suprised to see them take down the 6 horse in the 3rd. It seemed like minor contact possibly after the wire.
Moving over three paths, then over two is not minor.

befuddlem
06-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Yes I agree with you. In the last race Cedeno's mount went straight sideways about 5 paths out of the gate, forcing both the 2 and 3 to take back hard.
I play alot of tracks, and these guys make the worst decisons, and it never surprizes me. You see mistakes made at other tracks, but not like you do at Philly.

befuddlem
06-12-2007, 04:23 PM

and i remember several bad bad bad calls, last year, in all footballs games ive ever seen.

hey, i got it, hiking!

We have to have rules, so let the stewards follow them please!

befuddlem
06-12-2007, 04:30 PM

hey, i got it, hiking!

Let's see..we have jockeys under investigation, drug-giving trainers, bad-ass owners. But no, these stewards are just loveable guys who are beyond reproach.

skate
06-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Let's see..we have jockeys under investigation, drug-giving trainers, bad-ass owners. But no, these stewards are just loveable guys who are beyond reproach.

yep, i agree, ive never never ever, seen any bad boys at any other track.

after-all, Cain kills Able, but that was so long ago.

and now we have Philly Park taking us back in time, towards "when things were rough".

ive never seen such audacious bad-ass thugs, Since I Was ABLE.

befuddlem
06-12-2007, 04:50 PM

and now we have Philly Park taking us back in time, towards "when things were rough".

And the point of this ridiculous diatribe is.....:confused:???

mannyberrios
06-12-2007, 08:21 PM
If you lost money on those two races, I am sorry, But I know that Carol Cedeno is a good jockey and I am sure that she would not mount recklessly. I know that she has a bright future ahead of her, and she would not mount recklessly on purpose

befuddlem
06-12-2007, 08:33 PM
If you lost money on those two races, I am sorry, But I know that Carol Cedeno is a good jockey and I am sure that she would not mount recklessly. I know that she has a bright future ahead of her, and she would not mount recklessly on purpose

I'm sure Carol is too. Whether or nor she intended to take her mount sideways is not the point here. Her horse veered out about 5 paths out of the gate and cost both the 2 and the 3 their rightful positions. Her horse was not taken down. In the third race the winner came out about 3 paths but did not brush Cedeno's horse. Carol called the objection and won. No consistency in the 2 decisions at all..this is what I take issue with.

gIracing
06-12-2007, 10:11 PM
stay away from the track. I stopped betting philly years ago. I'm a PM guy on mondays and tuesdays.. if I am even betting

Greyfox
06-12-2007, 10:31 PM
I don't like Monday -Tuesday's b level racing but...
Philly isn't that user friendly, at any time.
The last two weeks in a row I've been able to get the TV feed liveon my computer.
Other than that I have to keep hitting a try again button about 50 times
before surrendering to wait for the results or maybe by luck getting the pic.
For replays, I use drf's service.
They have all the other tracks. But not Philly's.
Maybe befuddlem they are not too interested in letting us review the race? Where are the replays available for that track?
(And no, I don't want to subscribe just to watch them.)

Greyfox
06-12-2007, 10:44 PM

You aren't Abel and your post wasn't able either. Come back to earth.

befuddlem
06-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Maybe befuddlem they are not too interested in letting us review the race? Where are the replays available for that track?
(And no, I don't want to subscribe just to watch them.)

I watch them at brisbet.com. You have to have an account there though.

BUD
06-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Must have been the same officials working the NASCAR Nextel Cup race in Pocono this last Sunday...

Doc
06-13-2007, 08:38 AM
Befuddlem befuddles me. Why in the world does he continue to bet a track that so infuriates him? Me, I stay away from things that irritate, annoy and aggrvate. There must be some magnetic pull towards Philly Park racing that Befuddlem just can't resist. And then when he bets, he gets burned, and feels the need to come on this forum and complain about it. I say - grin and bear it, Befuddlem, 'cause you asked for it.

Doc :jump:

befuddlem
06-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Befuddlem befuddles me. Why in the world does he continue to bet a track that so infuriates him? Me, I stay away from things that irritate, annoy and aggrvate. There must be some magnetic pull towards Philly Park racing that Befuddlem just can't resist. And then when he bets, he gets burned, and feels the need to come on this forum and complain about it. I say - grin and bear it, Befuddlem, 'cause you asked for it.

Doc :jump:

Where in this thread did I say that I bet these races? I do in fact play that track, but I don't bet every race. I did not bet the races in question.
Your assertion is completely off base, and highly predictable. Why do you like to antogonize so much? Why do you call yourself Doc? Did you watch the races I'm talking about? Do you have an opinion on those objections, because that is what this thread was about. The decisions made at Philly yesterday were absolutely outlandish, and it happens there on a frequent basis. If I want to come in here and talk about it, I will do so. So Doc, with your "magnetic pull" towards my threads, you will just have to "grin and bear it"! :bang:

skate
06-13-2007, 04:07 PM
And the point of this ridiculous diatribe is.....:confused:???

you see, i must put forward a "ridiculous diatribe". in oder to explain stupor.

what? you want me to detail your statement?

i gave you a chance to take a good look at your (?) points.

which were , All negatives, and as if these Negatives did not occur at any/all other tracks. hey , they do occur and they are part of the game. errors...

since Cain Killed Able. its part OF HUMAN NATURE, since Cain Killed Able,.

Not only at every track, but also at every other sport and and and (this is where, i feel like im teaching Kindergarten) NOT only does misconception, misjudgement, minor/major mishap etc. happen in every sport but also in every business, as long as humans have existed (cain/ibils).

so, here we have you, watching one race at one track. just like some guy watching a ballgame , not agreeing with the ump and not recognizing "ITS PART OF THE GAME". NOT cheating! but part of the game, since Cain and (ME )the-skate-and-able.

this sport does Great and this sport does not need STUPOR, not now, not ever.:cool:

it may have been a bad/ poor call. ask the owners of the horse. or are they cheating you also? is anyone left for your pair-a-dice?

se ya in heaven:kiss:

befuddlem
06-13-2007, 04:14 PM
you see, i must put forward a "ridiculous diatribe". in oder to explain stupor.

what? you want me to detail your statement?

i gave you a chance to take a good look at your (?) points.

which were , All negatives, and as if these Negatives did not occur at any/all other tracks. hey , they do occur and they are part of the game. errors...

since Cain Killed Able. its part OF HUMAN NATURE, since Cain Killed Able,.

Not only at every track, but also at every other sport and and and (this is where, i feel like im teaching Kindergarten) NOT only does misconception, misjudgement, minor/major mishap etc. happen in every sport but also in every business, as long as humans have existed (cain/ibils).

so, here we have you, watching one race at one track. just like some guy watching a ballgame , not agreeing with the ump and not recognizing "ITS PART OF THE GAME". NOT cheating! but part of the game, since Cain and (ME )the-skate-and-able.

this sport does Great and this sport does not need STUPOR, not now, not ever.:cool:

it may have been a bad/ poor call. ask the owners of the horse. or are they cheating you also? is anyone left for your pair-a-dice?

se ya in heaven:kiss:

There's the final word folks. Thank you Skate. I sure learned a lesson here today. Is there anyone else out there who needs help from the omniscient
Skate?:jump:

skate
06-13-2007, 04:18 PM
thanks babe

Buckeye
06-13-2007, 04:31 PM
put em all in jail why not?

It's a myth that PHA park is any more corrupt than any of us are.

It's an excuse to say Filtha Delphia park is why I just lost--

not to mention why if you think that way, why were you betting there in the first place?

That's ok, I don't know nothin and I don't like any of you anyways. Corrupt? don't go there problem solved. Thank me any time. :)

befuddlem
06-13-2007, 04:36 PM
2 bad corrupt calls, and that's just the way it was. Look at how long it took Doc to weigh in on this. I think he's one of the Philly stewards. ;)

Buckeye
06-13-2007, 04:52 PM
of course you may just to PROVE that, so good luck because not only might you be wrong, but they are also protecting themselves, you're relying on our Judicial System? They don't give a shit about what you're talking about in the first place.

They don't play horses themselves and that's the real problem.

I'd like to blame Mexico for all our problems but I can't honestly do that. The problem with horseracing is it hasn't yet found a way to compete.

It would be more accurate to say that Horseracing is dead other than the USA.

I'm not worried about our Country so much as horseracing. Free Market theory says they will be forced to compete or die. Been to Freehold lately?

It's a joke how much this sport has gone down and I don't want to hear any contrary veiws directed at me.

It's down. Go to Freehold or anywhere else and RIP horseracing.

What a joke. Market and compete in this World ruled by the USA and stop bothering me with stupid arguements.

I agree.

befuddlem
06-13-2007, 04:56 PM
They don't play horses themselves and that's the real problem.

:lol:

Buckeye
06-13-2007, 05:18 PM
and it's not even funny how much I can dispute you all about Philly park.

I'll meet you and discuss it if is USA is dead?

You're barking up the wrong tree because the USA actually is just fine. Philly Park however is not, can we agree on that? Horseracing is not ok. How smart do I need to be to say this stuff?

Not very in particular.

I'm perfectly willing to do that any time anywhere if that becomes necessary though, because guess what, I ain't lyin to you. Better get a better idea than Troll PA because I really do know more than most of you. Not possible?

It certainly is very apparent because, Horseracing needs to do something to compete other than shut down off shore betting. What?

The future of this sport depends upon finding a way to bring in mo money from the stupid people. We're all smart but we're only so many and so dumb (smart). Maybe it's a fault of the system but again, that's my fault.

Come with it if you disagree. Anytime you want to test me you will be found wanting but go ahead anyway.

There's really no need to make threats as the truth is apparent, fresh blood is lacking. Be honest you can only win in the parmutuals that way. Change the system or bring more in or RIP horseracing. Stop presenting a suberfuge.

Nice fifty cent word.

Buckeye
06-13-2007, 05:29 PM
problem is, they don't and we try to do that against a 17% take out.

They're living off us few smart people killing each other instead of marketing the "sport" to others.

F them, I said f them because yeah, like you, I'm not too stupid either.

Buckeye
06-13-2007, 05:34 PM
The word should be spelled subterfuge.

Don't waste my time spelling correctly when our sport is going down.

Mexico give me A break the USA what?

Bring a few normal not degenerate people to Freehold and then maybe we can talk.

Are we arguing things other than horseracing? We can do that but please, don't blame Mexico for the fact that horseracing needs to change real fast or die. The USA is not going to have to and that is my opinion.

Make fun of my so called observations if you want, I only tell the truth etc.

Horseracing is trash.

Argue that.

Buckeye
06-13-2007, 06:00 PM
it is what it is Tom people, tear your block up,and how are we going to change that assuming we agree upon that?

Become Japanese or Chinese gamblers? Horseracing has a very poor image in our Country ((who really cares about Mexico) do you want to affect immigration policy or make money?) Get the people (who?) to become involved in our sport and stop wasting time blaming the mexicans. Best thing you can do Tom is stop going and betting under these conditions and watch what they will do! Who else do they have to support them anyway?

Get tough and demand better conditions and policies from them or else they ain't go NO jobs.

How simple is that?

Bottom line is the tracks had better get smart and bring in new people (mexicans?) or be out of business. Times they are a changin one way or the other.

China is the new USA and they bet. I knew that but do they bet horses parimutually? Maybe we can get those many smart chinese into this or maybe you have some other idea about how this all works?

Greyfox
06-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Buckeye Quotes:

"Better get a better idea than Troll PA because I really do know more than most of you. "

"Horse racing is trash."

Got an HMO plan Buckeye. Use it. See a Shrink.

Doc
06-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Advice to Befuddlem: Stop watching Philly Park racing. Why torture yourself?

And why do you call yourself Befuddlem? At least Doc is part of my real name.

:)

befuddlem
06-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Advice to Doc:

Stop giving advice.

I've shown a profit at Philly, so why would I stay away from there?

Greyfox
06-13-2007, 09:04 PM
And why do you call yourself Befuddlem? At least Doc is part of my real name.

:)

My guess is that you're the legendary H.D. Dockery.
(Hickory Dickory Dock?) :lol: