PDA

View Full Version : Colonial Downs

point given
06-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Where online can you bet Colonial Downs ? I checked Youbet and Brisbet schedules and not listed on either. The meet starts on Friday late afternoon and has a big turf stakes race on saturday. I love the meet and all the turf racing they card there, although the turf sprints are too prevalent . I just can't handicap turf sprints well, and they are turning up everywhere now with me skipping most of them. Colonial Where R U ?????

Premier Turf Club
06-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Where online can you bet Colonial Downs ? I checked Youbet and Brisbet schedules and not listed on either. The meet starts on Friday late afternoon and has a big turf stakes race on saturday. I love the meet and all the turf racing they card there, although the turf sprints are too prevalent . I just can't handicap turf sprints well, and they are turning up everywhere now with me skipping most of them. Colonial Where R U ?????

We are happy to have a partnersip with Colonial Downs to provide wagering on their racing product. Personally, I'd prefer betting grass routes to any other type of race.

You can now sign-up on-line at www.premierturfclub.com (http://www.premierturfclub.com)

P.S. We are pleased to have just added Woodbine's product to our offerings as well.

exiles
06-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Anything new about VA residents being able to open accounts w/ PTC

every other acc. wagering co. can operate in VA YOUBET, EXPRESSBET, AMERICA TAB, TVG. THANKS

point given
06-12-2007, 09:06 PM
every other acc. wagering co. can operate in VA YOUBET, EXPRESSBET, AMERICA TAB, TVG. THANKS

Are you sure ? I checked the schedules of both youbet and brisbet and colonial is not on their schedules. I emailed colonial with no response yet.

exiles
06-12-2007, 09:34 PM
i was refering to them being able to do business in VA i don,t know if you can wager on COL. DNS races through them.

Premier Turf Club
06-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Anything new about VA residents being able to open accounts w/ PTC

We are looking into this right now. I believek VA has a requirment that an ADW be licensed specifically in VA (like California has). If we can't take Virginia residents it won't be because we don't want to. If we are required to apply for a license in the state we will do so.

I will get back to you on this.

befuddlem
06-12-2007, 11:36 PM
You can now sign-up on-line at www.premierturfclub.com (http://www.premierturfclub.com)

I'm thinking about signing up. How long does it take withdraw? And do I have to fax copies of driver's license or credit cards? I know this is the case at most offshore books.

Wickel
06-13-2007, 01:05 AM
I was thinking of signing up with Premier also until I read about the minimum desposit of $200 for the initial deposit. This is ridiculous. Like many players, I'm a $2 bettor. I've never deposited more than $50 into any account at one time. This requirement alone is going to keep many players away from Premium.

JimG
06-13-2007, 09:30 AM
CNL has always been available on Brisbet. They do not have an exclusive deal, to my knowledge, with TVG, CDI, or anyone else. Hopefully, Brisbet just needs to update their tracks. As usual, the horseplayer is left to wonder.

Jim

Premier Turf Club
06-13-2007, 10:09 AM
I was thinking of signing up with Premier also until I read about the minimum desposit of $200 for the initial deposit. This is ridiculous. Like many players, I'm a $2 bettor. I've never deposited more than $50 into any account at one time. This requirement alone is going to keep many players away from Premium.

Unfortunately, we cannot be all things to all people. There is a signficant cost associated with running this business, and yes, there is some segment of the marketplace that is too costly for us to service. It's why we are 100% behind players having many wagering options.

We are aware that there are many places to play off-shore that have no minimums. Most of those have very little if anything invested in the game, pay nothing in taxes, don't pay a living wage, and pay nothing back to the people that put on the show: the tracks and the horsemen. Whether you play with us, Youbet, TwinSpires, ExpressBet, etc. we implore you play with a pari-mutuel shop. Support the tracks and the horsemen or there will simply be no money left for them to run the races.

OK, I've climbed down off my soapbox.

point given
06-13-2007, 10:31 AM
CNL has always been available on Brisbet. They do not have an exclusive deal, to my knowledge, with TVG, CDI, or anyone else. Hopefully, Brisbet just needs to update their tracks. As usual, the horseplayer is left to wonder.

Jim

Just called America Tab / Brisbet;

" at this time we are not offering colonial downs, we are working on it , to get a contract ".

So.... if you planned on it, I would not count on it. Since it is not on Youbets' schedule online either, I assume it is the same with them. Colonial has not emailed me back yet on it either. In the past , Colonial pools were small, but if they don't have the 2 largest ADW s they will not have the handle for horizontal wagers and tri's could be whopping with some longshots in there. What a mess this industy is in. :ThmbDown:

point given
06-13-2007, 10:52 AM
We are aware that there are many places to play off-shore that have no minimums. Most of those have very little if anything invested in the game, pay nothing in taxes, don't pay a living wage, and pay nothing back to the people that put on the show: the tracks and the horsemen. Whether you play with us, Youbet, TwinSpires, ExpressBet, etc. we implore you play with a pari-mutuel shop. Support the tracks and the horsemen or there will simply be no money left for them to run the races.

OK, I've climbed down off my soapbox.

While in the past , i have strongly supported your position, I now have 2nd thoughts. The horsemen and tracks have shown the customer a blatant disregard of support. Its all, me,me,me. They talk a good game, but their actions belie them. The ADW's are as bad or worse. Instead of the customer coming first , its the reverse, what's best for us. Look at Youbet with their IRG , and legal big rebates to whales, while at the same time claiming to be for the little guy. How about those great NY and NJ bred races, subsidizing them, running for $40-50K purses, and they are now taking up 30-40 % of the cards. I don't see any trainers, owners, track orgs. coming out to support horse players in finding a solution to forcing customers to go to a few sites to wager on different tracks. I don't see owners, trainers, orgs. calling for lower takeouts for the player, just the opposite, when Keeneland wanted to lower the takes they were objected to and they couldnot get them . There is no quid pro quo. Sorry, even Steve Davidowitz has cozied up with Bodog now, and he's been in the game a long time. Maybe it will take having their noses stuck in s... for them to do someting other than for themselves. As far as your business, I reside in Afganistan and cannot have an account with you.

Off MY soapbox now !

cj's dad
06-13-2007, 11:20 AM

HRTV shows Colonial Downs on a limited basis ( not daily). Check out their web site: HRTV.com... Go to HRTV features/then tracks shown or something like that;you'll figure it out.:)

JimG
06-13-2007, 11:26 AM
As info, CNL is being shown on the schedule starting Fri. on the TVG website. Amazing, it takes 3 online wagering accounts to allow me to wager to the tracks I want to. I hope this madness stops one day.

Light
06-13-2007, 11:36 AM
PG

If you are in a Magna approved state,you can bet Colonial with Xpressbet. Schedule:http://xpressbet.com/Mracingcalendar.aspx?langversion=English

ranchwest
06-13-2007, 01:43 PM
As info, CNL is being shown on the schedule starting Fri. on the TVG website. Amazing, it takes 3 online wagering accounts to allow me to wager to the tracks I want to. I hope this madness stops one day.

Hey, I've had three ADWs close my accounts, with none of those closures having anything to do with me personally. I had it set up to bet almost any track and even that didn't work once they shut me out.

skate
06-13-2007, 03:26 PM
according to philly park sch., they carry Col. Downs

befuddlem
06-13-2007, 04:52 PM
according to philly park sch., they carry Col. Downs

Who needs a schedule when you've got Skate?