PDA

View Full Version : Positive For Racing...

Observer
06-10-2007, 10:40 PM
So many people say with each passing year how the game needs a Triple Crown winner to generate interest. After the filly Rags to Riches took the Belmont yesterday, it was great to hear so many non-racing fans today mentioning her accomplishment with enthusiasm throughout the course of my day.

Robert Fischer
06-10-2007, 10:46 PM
This could be one of the biggest positive stories in racing in a long time.

Really, racing needs to hire new people just to promote this and start an increase in business.

JustRalph
06-10-2007, 11:57 PM
I am standing in a department store today and this lady notices my "Horse Racing" ball cap. She walks right up to me and says

"So, why is it such a big deal that a girl won that race yesterday? "

I was taken aback. I have never had anybody ever ask me a question about racing, out of the blue anyway........... I gave her the quick stats, you know,,,,,hadn't been done in a hundred years and usually female horses don't run against males etc..............she says. "Interesting" then as she saunters away she says.............. " they shouldn't let the girls race anyway, I watched that movie on HBO last night and it just ain't right"

so much for girl power.................and the bad ass timing of running that freakin movie................... :bang:

PaceAdvantage
06-11-2007, 12:19 AM
HBO? The Ruffian movie was on ABC....perhaps she was thinking about the Barbaro documentary currently running on HBO?