PDA

View Full Version : 30yrs later plus and they still overrating the filly

Foolish Pleasure
06-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Movie last night was entertaining but of course we know who was the faster horse.

GaryG
06-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Movie last night was entertaining but of course we know who was the faster horse.This isn't April Fools Day is it??? :eek:

Tom
06-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Yeah the unbeaten filly, not the beaten-twice-in-a-row colt.:D

Foolish Pleasure
06-10-2007, 05:57 PM
They running abt the same 4,5,6 horse fields she faced these days.
She gets so lost in any of the full fielded TC or TC prep races it is sad.

KingChas
06-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Movie last night was entertaining but of course we know who was the faster horse.

LeRoy that you? :kiss:

GaryG
06-10-2007, 06:01 PM
This is too squirrely for me...where do these guys come from...

ranchwest
06-10-2007, 06:06 PM
This is so simple you don't even have to count to 2. Just look at the 1s on her PPs.

classhandicapper
06-10-2007, 08:06 PM
How do you overrate the greatest filly of all time? :confused:

Shacopate
06-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Just curious...when does the Foolish Pleasure movie open?

PaceAdvantage
06-11-2007, 12:11 AM

Ouch! Good one...

Foolish Pleasure
06-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Unless the video is distorting it,
the length of her stride was unbelievable.

ck out between around 1:00-1:15 of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ5m4o21qz0

Shacopate
06-11-2007, 11:44 PM
FOOL-ish Pleasure,

Check this one out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96wka0rBHWM&mode=related&search=

Note that the (unbeaten) filly was a half lenght in front when she broke down and that Vasquez rode BOTH Foolish Pleasure and Ruffian; he chose to ride RUFFIAN in the matchrace.

Shacopate
06-12-2007, 12:13 AM
My link is FUBAR. Let me try again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGFswkcfqaA

ratpack
06-12-2007, 11:39 AM

After the Honest Plesure movie?

Ivan
06-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Ruffian = Legend

:cool:

joanied
06-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi guys,
I'm kinda new here and have been browsing the posts... this thread caught my eye because of the user named 'Foolish Pleasure'....

everyone has an opinion about that @@**&%#@*# Match Race, and an opinion on each horse... makes the World go 'round...but the bottom line is we'll never know which of those two was the better....who knows, maybe they would have finished in a Dead Heat!!!!! Ruffian getting 1/2 length in front at that point of the race means nothing...but I must say that FP did have the speed to stay with her had it gone right. His loosing 2 in a row means nothing also...and one other thing, in my opinion, Ruffian's 'peers' in 1975 were not as good a bunch of fillies as we've had before or since... I was rubbing horses for Buddy Hirsch at that time, we finished 2nd to the Great Filly in the CCAO. Equal Change was a nice filly, but far below Ruffian's caliber, yet she managed to stay within 2 lengths of her...not bad!!

Ruffian never had to look another filly in the eye and dig down to find that extra 'something' great horses have....Foolish Pleasure did...one good example is his run in the '75 Suburban when he beat Forego...that little colt had the courage of a lion and never did race without giving it all he had...
so, please, let's not put down Foolish Pleasure, he was a Champion in everyway, and he was my 'friend'.
I was standing on the backstretch that fateful day (the grandstand was insane, so left for the quiet of the backstretch)....wish now I hadn't been so close to it all... sat in Esposito's Bar that night, and watched her placed in her grave... and since Foolish is buried here in WY, not too far from me, I visit his grave every year and place a Red Rose there for his Derby win.... he was a happy horse in the time he spent here in WY.

As for the movie...it was OK.

Thanks for 'listening' :)
PS... Foolish Pleasure helped a dream of mine come true, and I have dedicated part of my web site to him, including a poem I wrote about him and me...feel free to visit my site. My farm name is Foolish Dream Farm.