PDA

View Full Version : Feedback to ABC

WeirdWilly
06-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Sent the following message to ABC Sports thru their feedback page at:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv

ABCs coverage of the Belmont is PATHETIC!

But I guess all of your talking heads getting face time is more important than SHOWING THE RACES.

At least those of us with streaming video got to see excitement of the Manhatten while the network viewers got to experience morons running their mouth about that which they have not a clue.

Why do y'all even bother even showing the main race? That's two more minutes of blathering we are desperately missing!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please feel free to add your own opinions at the above URL!

Tom
06-09-2007, 06:04 PM
They didn't show the Acorn,either, did they?

bigmack
06-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Feedback to any event in NY. STOP SINGING NY, NY.

On a side note, what are the odds they name a town Elmont back in 1860 then a guy named Belmont comes along in 1900, finances the park and it becomes Belmont in Elmont?

Donnie
06-09-2007, 07:17 PM
I loved :rolleyes: the coverage by ESPN earlier for the undercard....especially just before Race 2, a maiden race. I wasn't paying full attention until they pointed out that horses like (I think these were the 2 horses they mentioned) Spectacular Bid and Ruffian came up through Maiden races, "one of them only once, the other 6 times!! So there are some regally bred horses in those type of races."

The quote may not be exact but it is close enough to get you to cringe!!!

Hosshead
06-09-2007, 07:24 PM
I've never seen a telecast with a worse sound (mike) problem.
Thing is, they were having the same problems for the 5 hrs. (on espn) preceeding the abc telecast. Don't you think 5 hrs. is long enough to fix a problem? There couldn't have been that many mikes that stopped working on the same day. It had to be a central problem.

Earlier, the mike wasn't working for an entire interview with Bert Cheeseburger.
That's the best he's sounded in years !

chickenhead
06-09-2007, 07:26 PM
that was Kenny, he was joking.

Just make sure you don't criticize them for not showing races, we'll get Todd Schrupps dad in here saying how it's a good thing. ABC is a top 5 network, right? Then how could their coverage possibly be bad? Ipso facto, or something. :rolleyes:

depalma13
06-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Sent the following message to ABC Sports thru their feedback page at:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv

ABCs coverage of the Belmont is PATHETIC!

But I guess all of your talking heads getting face time is more important than SHOWING THE RACES.

At least those of us with streaming video got to see excitement of the Manhatten while the network viewers got to experience morons running their mouth about that which they have not a clue.

Why do y'all even bother even showing the main race? That's two more minutes of blathering we are desperately missing!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please feel free to add your own opinions at the above URL!

They sold the rights to air the 3 prior races to TVG.

bigmack
06-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Earlier, the mike wasn't working for an entire interview with Bert Cheeseburger.
:lol::lol:

Isn't there a nursing home that would accept Bert & take us out of our misery?

joeyreb
06-09-2007, 07:36 PM
I give them feedback too, thanks for the link

I would liked to have heard Bailey's take on those races... Thank for TVG...

I had three TVs going ESPN/ABC , TVG, HRTV.... I didn't miss anything, but sure alot of people don't have access to all of the networks....

GaryG
06-09-2007, 07:40 PM
:lol::lol:

Isn't there a nursing home that would accept Bert & take us out of our misery?I thought I heard him say Curlin was a bargain at even money....you're looking live at a sold out Belmont Park...:sleeping:

joeyreb
06-09-2007, 08:30 PM
They sold the rights to air the 3 prior races to TVG.

No TVG has the rights to air the races at Belmont Park.... ESPN/ABC had the rights for Belmont Stakes day coverage... I was watching the both.. you had duel coverage until the coverage switched to ABC.... ABC chose to air fluff and human interest stuff over stakes that went off during their coverage before the Belmont Stakes

TVG had to air The Belmont Stakes itself after the race was official, because ABC had the exclusive rights to the race itself.

TVG crew had to leave Belmont when the coverage went to ABC

So, ABC not showing the Stakes prior to the Belmont was a ABC deal and not a TVG deal

FUGITIVE77
06-10-2007, 01:36 AM
How about showing some "fractions" during the race!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kenwoodallpromos
06-10-2007, 02:17 AM
How about showing some "fractions" during the race!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess they stopped that after the 50+!LOL!!

Dan Montilion
06-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Would have loved to been treated to a Jack Whitaker capsulation of this years Belmont.

Bruddah
06-10-2007, 08:36 AM
how supposedly "Professional" broadcasters have no clue how to present a product, to their audience. All they want to do is allow their talking heads air time, talking about crap, which has no relevance. :bang:

KingChas
06-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Loved the post race interview of Steve A. comingled with TVG's Jill Byrne interviewing someone else very loudly at the same time. :lol:

JustRalph
06-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Loved the post race interview of Steve A. comingled with TVG's Jill Byrne interviewing someone else very loudly at the same time. :lol:

yeah, that cracked me up. You would have had to be a lip reader to know what the hell Assman was saying..............

bigmack
06-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Would have loved to been treated to a Jack Whitaker capsulation of this years Belmont.
Indeed, Mr Montilion. I don't recall which Jack quiped of yesteryear, T-Bred jocks or Formula 1 drivers when he noted, are as brave as the first men who ate oysters. Always enjoyed Jack's re-caps.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/WHITAKER_F39143.jpg

Valuist
06-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Memo to networks:

Cutting away to a near head-on shot in the middle of the race is idiotic. Please eliminate all head on shots unless you show a prolonged head on for the replay. Coverage is actually getting worse.

PaceAdvantage
06-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Those head on shots looked awesome in HD. But I agree, there were, once again, too many cuts....made it very difficult to get one's bearings while watching this race on TV.

Rolly Hoyt
06-11-2007, 02:42 PM
If by midway through the Belmont you don't know what silks belong to which horse and you need the steady pan shot just to find the numbers, I'm sure there's a race going off at Mountaineer you can find that would be easier for you.

Please...those shots from the jeep right next to the field were the best racing shots put on American television ever.

You could tell exactly when Keyed Entry was going to blow the turn earlier on the card. You could see how brutally hard Bejarano and Gomez were choking back their horses.

That's the kind of stuff that will keep racing on TV.

SMOO
06-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I've never seen a telecast with a worse sound (mike) problem.
Thing is, they were having the same problems for the 5 hrs. (on espn) preceeding the abc telecast. Don't you think 5 hrs. is long enough to fix a problem? There couldn't have been that many mikes that stopped working on the same day. It had to be a central problem.

Good post, but I thought his name was Bent Muffburger. :jump: