PDA

View Full Version : Blindsided I think

Tim
06-27-2001, 05:16 PM
It looks like everyone got this wrong. . Either that or I have to stop smoking this stuff.

DRF, Equibase, Bris and a few other providers I looked at all listed todays 4th race at Arlington on the turf.

1/2 hour before post time the Racing channel tote said nothing on the "changes" screen. I go away from the computer for an hour and return to find that,

1) It's still sunny and in the 80's in Chicago
2) The results screen on the Arlington website says that the race was run on the dirt.
3) The Racing Channel's changes screen now says "This race will use the Main Track and be run over A1 1/16M"
4) Equibase's entries for AP's 4 race now say "dirt" instead of the "turf" I swore was there earlier in the day.

If anyone has hardcopy Arlington Park entries for today 6/27, please take a look and tell me what the surface is for the 4th.

It's hard enough to pick winners without getting blindsided by bad information.

hdcper
06-27-2001, 11:34 PM
The fourth at Arlington was ran on the dirt and per their announcer it was incorrectly listed as being on the turf.

Hope that helps,

hdcper

Tim
06-28-2001, 01:47 AM
hdcper,

Thanks for the info. You would think that you could at least depend upon them to list the correct racing surface. I sure can figure out some strange ways to lose a bet.

Tim