PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Mayne's View

KingChas
06-09-2007, 11:52 AM
http://www.mcall.com/sports/columnists/all-tuning.5880858jun05,0,3070051.column?coll=all-randomcolumnistssport-misc

Will there be outrage for the next few days over the backhanded comment Kenny Mayne made about NASCAR fans on Sunday night's edition of SportsCenter?

kenwoodallpromos
06-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Not until Mayne comments on the % of Latino jockeys in racing.

KingChas
06-10-2007, 08:31 AM
I think ESPN is giving Kenny just enough rope to eventually hang himself.

kenwoodallpromos
06-10-2007, 12:09 PM
I think ESPN is giving Kenny just enough rope to eventually hang himself.
Soap on a rope rope is enough for him.

DanG
06-10-2007, 12:35 PM
All subjective and since television many are incredibly thinned skin with the spoken word.

To me Kenny is the best thing to happen to racing / media in many years. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

KingChas
06-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Soap on a rope rope is enough for him.

Ken, being pretty rough on Kenny. :D

I liked him when he first started,but his schtick is getting old.He tends too sound like an old drunk who is having personal conversations slurring with his alter ego at times.If he's ever on a live broadcast without editing eventually his loose lip will sink his ship.(IMHO)

KingChas
06-10-2007, 12:57 PM
To me Kenny is the best thing to happen to racing / media in many years. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

:eek: WOW! :eek:

kenwoodallpromos
06-10-2007, 02:52 PM
I liked his insurance commercials. And some of his quotes are memorable. Usually his sarcasm about a runner 5 minutes prior to its win!!

PaceAdvantage
06-10-2007, 06:56 PM

I happen to agree, although perhaps not as strongly....here comes a KingChas "double WOW:eek: "

KingChas
06-10-2007, 07:34 PM
here comes a KingChas "double WOW:eek: "

Gentlemen no disrespect for your opinions.The original statement was so powerful it caught me off guard!

The best thing to happen to horseracing in many years = Kenny Mayne.

Horseracing is on the brink of becoming extinct.

:eek: :eek: WOW=WOW :eek: :eek:

DanG
06-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Gentlemen no disrespect for your opinions.The original statement was so powerful it caught me off guard!

The best thing to happen to horseracing in many years = Kenny Mayne.

Horseracing is on the brink of becoming extinct.

:eek: :eek: WOW=WOW :eek: :eek:
Don’t change the quote now my good friend…

Racing / "Media"…

Our 'media is a pretty short list and yes, Kenny is a breath of fresh air IMO. If you ever hear him at the eclipse awards, he entertains both the player and those in the industry.

KingChas
06-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Sorry DanG, misread your meaning. :ThmbUp:

cappoblanca
06-10-2007, 08:48 PM
:cool: :cool: I'll take Heywood Hale Broun anytime for a laugh, with his plaid jacket and pipe.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUgg-IngXcE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUgg-IngXcE)