PDA

View Full Version : NO on no-no!

BIG RED
06-08-2007, 05:30 AM
Yesterday, pitcher Curt Shilling just missed a no-hitter by one out.
That must be a total downer, but, this one out came with 2 outs in the ninth :(

I was enjoying a nice afternoon game at the Pub with a few guys watching this game, and it pained me a lot. It had to have hurt his emotional high, at that time, with a crash.

OTM Al
06-08-2007, 09:58 AM
The lack of scoring of late should be much more troubling to Sox fans. This may be the period of return to earth for them. Consider if the final batter would have hit one out, not only does he lose the no hitter but he loses the game. One would also hope the effort extended does not cause problems in the next couple starts as his last couple he looked pretty bad.

chickenhead
06-08-2007, 11:23 AM
my gfriends brother was at the game...too bad, would have been neat.

BIG RED
06-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Al, yes, last 7 games lost 6 before this game I mentioned.

Good part is, (Optimist), the bats went dry, not the pitching.
That happens. They had good pitching atleast 3 games prior, and lost from no run help.

Still looking good.

OTM Al
06-09-2007, 07:24 AM
They should be fine, but one has to expect some tremor of fear spreading through Boston. It wouldn't be a regular season without it.

OTM Al
06-19-2007, 01:47 PM
He's gotten shredded 2 games straight after the near no-hitter. Makes you wonder how much he might have overextended that day. Talk about a bounce!

GaryG
06-19-2007, 01:57 PM
This is one pompous, self-important individual....there is nobody I would rather see get hammered early and often.....:jump:

skate
06-19-2007, 06:23 PM
he does a lot for charity