PDA

View Full Version : Rags to Riches Question

uncbossfan
06-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Does anyone else think that ABC/Disney/ESPN paid Pletcher and the connections to Rags to Riches to run in the Belmont - coincidentally the same day their ESPN movie about Ruffian comes out?

GaryG
06-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Does anyone else think that ABC/Disney/ESPN paid Pletcher and the connections to Rags to Riches to run in the Belmont - coincidentally the same day their ESPN movie about Ruffian comes out?Uh....no.

parimutual
06-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Pure coincidence. The movie was scheduled for Belmont day well in advance. It just so happens this year we have a filly of exceptional quality and should prove herself worthy of the race. No one is at all comparing RTR to the great Ruffian. See my post on Ruffian.

JustRalph
06-07-2007, 08:01 PM
That's called an appearance fee..............

no I don't.................

gIracing
06-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Tabor could probably buy ABC.. or at least a nice chuck of it if he wanted.

He's a sportsman. Because he is keeping his filly when she's done racing (already stated this).. what does he have to loose? She's won 3 Grade 1s'... we know what she can do. He literarly has nothing to loose by trying and everything to gain. there aren't many expecting her to win.. if she finishes in the money, most will be satisfied

cj's dad
06-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Does anyone else think that ABC/Disney/ESPN paid Pletcher and the connections to Rags to Riches to run in the Belmont - coincidentally the same day their ESPN movie about Ruffian comes out?

R2R is an exceptional talent who COULD do very well although i don't think she can win. I believe a filly has not won this race since 1905 or so, which of course could change tomorrow. Entering this filly to run is great, it has added spice to the race as many of my lady friends are now interested in the race as opposed to a week or so ago when they couldn't have cared less.

As far as your conspiracy theory is concerned, I have come to the conclusion that most of those involved in the BUSINESS are not smart enough to come up with such a diabolical plan.:D

joeyreb
06-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Any other connections would have ran her in the Santa Anita Derby and Kentucky Derby.....

Tabor had too many colt hopefuls to run her. She wins the Santa Anita Derby.

kenwoodallpromos
06-09-2007, 01:01 AM
The good news for her health but bad news for a win is that she runs just fast enough to pass tiring females. She finished 1 of her races in 26 seconds and hardly ever beats a 12 second furlong. I would not expect her to pass enough for gain enough ground to win Saturday.