PDA

View Full Version : does the takeout influence which tracks you play exotics?

1st time lasix
06-06-2007, 10:53 AM
I prefer to play exactas, trifectas, superfectas, pick 3's and pick 4's. I do play the win pool .......but i try to structure most of my tickets to find overlays in the exotic pools when the field size is large enough. In recent years I tend to shy away from venues that take out more than 19-21%. I also do not play into pools where some participants can get in with .10 or .50 denominations when I can not at my regular simulcast facility.

Tom
06-06-2007, 11:24 AM
No, not at all.
It's all in the probables, so I bet the ones I think are worth it.

point given
06-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Before the recent wagering hub battle, I used to consider it. Now it is difficult to switch to what track I would like to get involved with, as some tracks are not included at one or the other ADW sites . I get more value with the Kentucky tracks, but also dabble in the midlantic pool tracks which have lesser takeouts. I have gotten much less involved with califormia tracks as I feel they manipulate the race sequences too much for my taste, especially for the P6 which I no longer play. While seeking "value" , sometimes it just depends on the particular card and how you feel about it, so even with a higher take, it may be your better bet.

trigger
06-06-2007, 12:42 PM
They oughta were masks at Penn Nat'l and PHA--31 and 30% on tris and SFs!!

http://www.horseplayerdaily.com/cat/Track+Takeouts.html

Zman179
06-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Takeout? Screw the takeout.

Or, let me put it this way: Would you play a track with a 17% takeout where you couldn't pick a winner to save your life, or a track with a 26% rake on exotics where you can pick many winners?

For me, I'd rather have 26% of something rather than 17% of nothing.

Zman179
06-06-2007, 10:32 PM
They oughta were masks at Penn Nat'l and PHA--31 and 30% on tris and SFs!!

http://www.horseplayerdaily.com/cat/Track+Takeouts.html

Actually, they're not the worst in Pennsylvania. The Meadows and Pocono Downs have a 35% rake. I wonder if the rate of taxation on the part of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is abnormally high?

betovernetcapper
06-06-2007, 11:08 PM
For some reason the Retama Pic3 takeout is only 12% and I did play quite a lot there for that reason. This year they ore only doing QHs. :mad:

Valuist
06-07-2007, 12:02 AM
I won't bet Philly due to their insane takeout.

raybo
06-07-2007, 01:00 AM
I couldn't care less what the takeouts are. I know what the superfecta pool sizes are going to be, close enough, at the tracks I play. That's all I care about, adequate pool size. It doesn't take a gigantic pool, when you have one of the 3 or 4 winning super tickets, to make your month.

schweitz
06-07-2007, 12:34 PM
For some reason the Retama Pic3 takeout is only 12% and I did play quite a lot there for that reason. This year they ore only doing QHs. :mad:

The quarterhorse meet is going on now--thourghbred meet runs from Sept. 7th to Nov. 17th.

betovernetcapper
06-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Schweitz-That is great news-thanks :)