PDA

View Full Version : Kids drinking coffee

billrock
06-06-2007, 08:50 AM
I recently read an article that said kids shouldn't be allowed to drink coffee until they reach a certain age so they won't get addicted to it. What do you think, should there be an age limit for coffee?

skate
06-06-2007, 03:41 PM
sounds like a report put out by Seagrams or the dairy industry.

coffee, being a veggy, holds lots of nutriment.

Dairy, for kids over 5, can be harmful and might not be digestable.:cool:

skate
06-06-2007, 03:51 PM
I recently read an article that said kids shouldn't be allowed to drink coffee until they reach a certain age so they won't get addicted to it. What do you think, should there be an age limit for coffee?

your Question- point about "addicted" grabs my interest.

ive had many habits, but i would not consider them addictive, since ive lost habits.

but since im not in "their" boots (addictive), for sure, i wont say "addiction" is false.

but somehow. i think people talk themselves into addiction.

JPinMaryland
06-06-2007, 05:06 PM
I know I could never have made it through Mr. Davidek's 5th grade reading class w/o pounding a few cups of Jo beforehand. I guess I knew it was wrong but I figured anything for a grade.. :cool:

betovernetcapper
06-06-2007, 09:17 PM
I think it's alright for kids to have coffee, but they should be discouraged from additions to it like cream-sugar-cinnamon or even worse abominations such as cappucinos-mochachinos etc. God created coffee to be consumed black. The only accommodation to age I'd make is a little lemon twist if they're drinking espresso.
In the same vein, I think children should be discouraged from smoking filter tipped cigarettes. Gertrude Stein devoted two pages of her biography to getting a carton of Camels after the war. If Camels were good enough for the author of The Autobiography of Alice B Toklas, then they are certainly good enough for some rug rat.

Overlay
06-09-2007, 05:16 PM
If it's the caffeine aspect of it that they're referring to, there's no end of soft drinks that provide that, and that kids already consume in mass quantities (with a sugar buzz thrown in).

Tom
06-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Coffee drinking at a young age can affect you later in life.

skate
06-11-2007, 05:20 PM
ok Tom

but what is her Cup size, ha ha, see what i mean?:cool: