PDA

View Full Version : Republican Libby sentenced two and a Half Years!

Secretariat
06-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Libby sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison

By MATT APUZZO, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 15 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby was sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison Tuesday for lying and obstructing the CIA leak investigation.

Libby, the former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, stood calmly before a packed courtroom as a federal judge said the evidence overwhelmingly proved his guilt and left the courthouse without commenting.

"People who occupy these types of positions, where they have the welfare and security of nation in their hands, have a special obligation to not do anything that might create a problem," U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton said.

Walton did not set a date for Libby to report to prison. Though he saw no reason to let Libby remain free pending appeal, Walton said he would accept written arguments on the issue and rule later.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070605/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cia_leak_trial

delayjf
06-05-2007, 07:50 PM
I'd rather be Libby than Willam Jefferson.

Lefty
06-05-2007, 07:52 PM
delay, yep, an innocent Repub instead of a guilty dem.
Funny, Hillary Clinton can sit before a Grand Jury and keep stating I can't recall; i don't remember but don't try it if you're of the R persuasion.

delayjf
06-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Lefty,

yeah I remember that

" Mrs Clinton, do you know where the file from the Rose law firm are located?"

"Gee Senator, I don't recall"

Mrs Clinton, Do you know how those classified personal FBI files found their way to the White House?"

Gee Senator, I don't recall"

Reminded me of the class room scene from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" :bang:

Tom
06-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Funny how the libs will grab anything to make them feel all fluffy. Fact is, repubs take care of business. Pelosi demonstarted hpow corrupt and shallow the party is by not asking for Jefferson' s resignation on SERIOUS, TAPED violations.

Have your little laugh Sec......the joke is on you.

Secretariat
06-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Have your little laugh Sec......the joke is on you.

No, the joke is on Libby. Another Republican convicted and sentenced.

Tom
06-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Somehow this makes your life better?
I'd say in the final anaysis, Republican have pretty much smacked you libs around - at will - for years and even in power, your heros are still kissing Bush's arse.

A guy goes to jail for doing nothing, for doing only what Hiallary did - forgeting things. Big victory, Sec....congrats. You libs, tuffies! :lol::lol::lol:

Secretariat
06-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Somehow this makes your life better?
I'd say in the final anaysis, Republican have pretty much smacked you libs around - at will - for years and even in power, your heros are still kissing Bush's arse.

A guy goes to jail for doing nothing, for doing only what Hiallary did - forgeting things. Big victory, Sec....congrats. You libs, tuffies! :lol::lol::lol:

Well, Tom, a jury felt he went to jail for something, and an admisntrative Republican appointed judge agreed and entered a harsh sentence. (Damn activist Republican appointed judges).

Yep, this crew of Repubs have kicked the libs around (perverts, crooks, and opportunists):

Duke Cunningham
Bob Ney
Mark Foley
Scooter Libby
Tom Delay
Jack Abramoff

Lefty
06-06-2007, 01:29 AM
Of course Juries are never wrong. Hmm, O.J. trial comes to mind.
Hillary never went to jail, Bill never went to jail but libby, hell fry him, he's guilty...of being a Republican. A serious crime.

JustRalph
06-06-2007, 02:29 AM
I can't wait to see what an appellate court says about it. That is the true test of a case..........passing a couple of appeals courts..........

delayjf
06-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Duke Cunningham
Bob Ney
Mark Foley
Scooter Libby
Tom Delay
Jack Abramoff

All of them together won't do as much time as Jefferson.
Trivia question how many Clinton associates have

a) Fled the country
B) Pleaded the 5th
c)Are Dead.

Lefty
06-06-2007, 11:45 AM
reckoning by Hoosier math, somewhere between a passel and a slew.

Secretariat
06-06-2007, 11:54 AM
...libby, hell fry him, he's guilty...of being a Republican. A serious crime.

Wel said Lefty.

JustRalph
06-06-2007, 12:05 PM
sometimes Sec,,,,,,,,,, you actually make me laugh.............

Secretariat
06-06-2007, 12:11 PM
All of them together won't do as much time as Jefferson.

You think so? just with these four - Ney, 2.5 years, Libby 2.5 years, Abramoff 5 years, Cunningham 8 years. That's 18 years. You honestly think Jefferson would get more than 18 years? That's delusional. If he's guilty let him go to jail, but I sincerely doubt he'd get more than 18 years and I doubt you beleive that either.

delayjf
06-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Sec,

I don't know, he's facing a possible 235 years for racketeering, bribery scams across two continents. So far two others involved who coped a deal got 8 years. I haven't heard anything about possible charges from the IRS. Sounds like a lot of his family is going down with him. He can kiss the baby.