PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation loses $300 million?

highnote
06-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Whoever was responsible for losing 300 million should be in jail.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070601/investment_scandal.html?.v=1

AP
Ohio Coin Dealer Faces New Allegations
Friday June 1, 8:36 am ET
By John Mccarthy, Associated Press Writer
Imprisoned Coin Dealer Illegally Funneled Money to State GOP Campaigns, Ohio Panel Finds

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- A coin dealer who was the central figure in a scandal that weakened the Ohio Republican Party illegally funneled money to state political campaigns, the Ohio Elections Commission ruled Thursday.

[rest of article]

The state lost about $300 million through the coin fund and other failed investments at the bureau.

JustRalph
06-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Old News. They predicted 400 million or more when it is all said and done. The guy is in jail. and every one of the politicians tied up with him were defeated in the last election. The whole damn state went Dem. As you can tell, after six months everything is roses here in Ohio.

highnote
06-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Old News. They predicted 400 million or more when it is all said and done. The guy is in jail. and every one of the politicians tied up with him were defeated in the last election. The whole damn state went Dem. As you can tell, after six months everything is roses here in Ohio.

I know it's old news and I know the dems can't fix everything. How could they lose 300 or 400 million and get away with it?

JustRalph
06-04-2007, 12:21 PM
I know it's old news and I know the dems can't fix everything. How could they lose 300 or 400 million and get away with it?

ever work for a State or local government entity? I have........and it would be easy........it would just take a little time.

Try this one.......this lady got almost a Million over 13 or so years.......she was only taking home an extra 70k a year.........easy.....money!

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2007/05/county_worker_charged_in_theft.html

highnote
06-04-2007, 08:00 PM
If you read the comments to that article it is suggested that she might have paid hush money.

It 13 years for her fraud to be discovered. Where were the supervisors? Where were the auditors?

A million over 13 years is one thing. But 300 million? How long of a time period did that take?

Who are the supervisors responsible for that oversight? Was someone paid hush money?

I guess 300 million can buy a lot of hush money.

Some scumbag somewhere is laughing all the way to the bank.

JustRalph
06-04-2007, 08:31 PM
If you read the comments to that article it is suggested that she might have paid hush money.

It 13 years for her fraud to be discovered. Where were the supervisors? Where were the auditors?

A million over 13 years is one thing. But 300 million? How long of a time period did that take?

Who are the supervisors responsible for that oversight? Was someone paid hush money?

I guess 300 million can buy a lot of hush money.

Some scumbag somewhere is laughing all the way to the bank.

there is tons of info on this online if you really want to look. The guys who made all the money are the ones who managed the fund that he funneled all the workers comp money into. But they did nothing wrong. they just managed the fund while this guy kept pouring it in under the oversite of the workers comp board...........who are all gone now too.........

highnote
06-04-2007, 11:55 PM
there is tons of info on this online if you really want to look.

Duh. Guess I should have thought of that. :D