PDA

View Full Version : Online PP's

JimG
06-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Online Past Performances. I know of DRF Formulator, Trackmaster, Equibase, Post-Time Daily, Brisnet, and TSN. Are there any others I am missing? The paper racing form is no longer sold in my area and I am looking seriously at the online versions. There are things I like and dislike about those above. For me, I like the opportunity to move things around and print what I want at a Font that is easy on my eyes. That sounds like it should be easy to satisfy, but it has not been for me.

Please let me know if there are any I am missing.

Jim

betovernetcapper
06-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Equisim allows you to create PPs which are very readable. When a trainer angle is positive it's in red which make it hard to ignore.
Capper allows you to print PPs in traditional format with the HDW data. It also gives the option of printing the horses pace figs instead of the fractional times, which I find very useful.

richrosa
06-04-2007, 05:03 PM
HandicappingOS prints PP's in full color and has ability to custom arrange some fields to get them the way you like them.

bigmack
06-04-2007, 05:41 PM
HandicappingOS prints PP's in full color and has ability to custom arrange some fields to get them the way you like them.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/6_4_07_14_37_11.jpg

How are you able to cusomize the PP fields and do you have a built in sort to find specific conditions of races, say if I want to find all the MSW's for a day?

joeyreb
06-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Don't forget Speed Figures.com if your playing the west coast tracks

http://www.speedfigures.com/index.html

Also their Pars figures are very good too

richrosa
06-05-2007, 04:05 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/6_4_07_14_37_11.jpg

How are you able to cusomize the PP fields and do you have a built in sort to find specific conditions of races, say if I want to find all the MSW's for a day?

Bigmac,

Here's a list of some of the PP customizations available that users have asked for. I've added many of these at users requests.

PPs Page = Show avg E/L (pctEarly) on PPs page
PPs Page = Show avg TPR on PPs page
PPs Page = TRP Formula (choose what forumla to use)
PPs Page = Show FPS Calcs on PPs page
PPs Page = Show Best / Worst Speed Rating (w/ trainer & Jock win % factors)
PPs Page = Show Trainer Change on PP's
PPs Page = Turn off HOS Rating
PPs Page = Turn off E/L Rating

I haven't thought of creating a search for specific types of races for that race day, but I suppose its possible. My development cycle is very quick, as I don't have to distribute a release every time I make a code change. I made three code changes this week, all of which are loaded to the website, and transparent to the users in as much as they have no new software or patches to install.

If you are curious, you should register for the demo, which is a slight few versions out of date of production, but feature rich. I added last seasons SAR and HOU races to the demo, so that you will have more than just CRC to mess around with.

bigmack
06-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Having to download data including charts and all the other STUFF that I have to load on and keep track of and update & wait for software updates and patches and organize the data on my system and so on, is a big pain in my can.

I ain't hawkin' for your product but just to get on the internet and have everything run smooth including all back data for a year seems to be a Godsend. If you can figure a way to squeeze in a search function so that a person can easily find such things as: claimed last out, won last out, keyword search in chart notes, and virtually a search function from any field - THAT would be a marvel. I haven't the slightest clue how difficult it would be on your end, but it sounds like fun to the end user.

richrosa
06-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Having to download data including charts and all the other STUFF that I have to load on and keep track of and update & wait for software updates and patches and organize the data on my system and so on, is a big pain in my can.

For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone would use a program where you have to work harder at keeping track of information then the handicapping itself. HOS users know this convenience well, where we keep all of their data, models, picks, trip & race notes, biases, ROI, preferences and many more centralized and easily accessible. Not one HOS user has ever had to download a file, install software, apply a patch, or rebuild models after a crash.

I ain't hawkin' for your product but just to get on the internet and have everything run smooth including all back data for a year seems to be a Godsend. If you can figure a way to squeeze in a search function so that a person can easily find such things as: claimed last out, won last out, keyword search in chart notes, and virtually a search function from any field - THAT would be a marvel. I haven't the slightest clue how difficult it would be on your end, but it sounds like fun to the end user.

We've added a lot of user requested features, and have many more charted to add in the future. It sounds like you have some good suggestions. If you were to come aboard, we would bounce them off the rest of the group and see if they have traction with the other users, then if they did, we would create those features, which in my opinion sound useful and not difficult to program.