PDA

View Full Version : Slew's Tizzys workout and the Belmont!

kyle2227
06-03-2007, 12:53 AM
Heres some info on Slew's Tizzys workout today. So who do you guys think will win the Belmont? Also who do you guys think could be the horse that is more of a closer that could win the Belmont from far back? Like in a few years past a longshot has won the Belmont that was somewhat far back in the Preakness and Derby but the added distance of the Belmont what just what the needed. I haven't made up my mind 100% yet on who I think will win it but I will be up at New York next weekend for the Belmont. On an unrelated note, do you guys know if I can buy tickets the day of the Belmont at the park on should I buy them now ahead of time? Thanks for the information guys.

http://www.nyra.com/belmont/stories/Notes06022007.shtml (http://www.nyra.com/belmont/stories/Notes06022007.shtml)

Slew’s Tizzy had his final major pre-Belmont Stakes workout this morning at The Thoroughbred Training Center in Lexington Kentucky. The colt breezed a half mile over the facility’s conventional dirt track for trainer Gregory Fox.

“I got him in :49 flat,” Fox said. “I worked him from the mile pole to the half mile pole at the end of a two mile gallop. It was very impressive.”

Slew’s Tizzy is one of six confirmed starters for Saturday’s 139th running of the Grade 1, $1 million Belmont Stakes for three-year-olds at one mile and a half. The Belmont Stakes is the oldest, longest and final leg of the Triple Crown. It is scheduled as race 11 on a 13-race program that begins at noon. Post time for the Belmont Stakes, which will be televised on ABC from 5-7 p.m., is 6:25 pm.

aaron
06-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Kyle-
As of Saturday,there were still tickets available. If your at Belmont Friday,you probably should buy them even though,I don't think you'll have any problems getting tickets Saturday.

kyle2227
06-03-2007, 12:54 PM
okay cool thanks for the information. I think I saw some where online they can be bought for $10 general admission so maybe I will just buy them online.

aaron
06-03-2007, 01:13 PM
I think $10 is just for admission. They cheapest seats are $20.00 and I believe that includes admission.

cnollfan
06-04-2007, 11:31 PM
The Belmont experience is completely different if there is a Triple Crown hopeful. If Street Sense had won the Preakness it would be an extremely tough ticket. As it is, I would expect there to be plenty of seats available the day of the race.