PDA

View Full Version : Lord Derby Releases book on Ouija board

samyn on the green
06-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Now this was an owner with class. Lord Derbys treasure was the quality of his blood and pedigree, he managed his great mare beautifully and boldly. New money American owners like Tafel could learn some class from owners like this.

Over here in the States we are stuck with upwardly mobile Bourgeoisie groupthink cowards who use their lame college brainwashing to run their horses campaigns. Owners like Tafel run their horses campaigns like a hot dog stands only racing when the other hot dog stand owners across the street takes the day off. This way they are assured of an easy day dishing out out the wieners with little competition. Then as soon as possible it is off the the breeding shed to put the wiener to full use as a profit maker. In contrast Lord Derby bred the best, ran with the best and ran year after year. This was an owner with class. Ouija Board and Lord Derby is much beloved from Tokyo to London to Los Angeles for bringing the kings back to the sport of kings. We could use more owners Like Lord Derby.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ouija-Board-Official-Lord-Derby/dp/1905156405/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/202-0085237-6233434?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180737330&sr=8-1

Pace Cap'n
06-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Street Sense is worth what, 30-50 milion, while Ouija Board would have been worth how much, a few million, at her peak? Would the noble Lord Derby have raced such a valuable animal so readily?

gIracing
06-01-2007, 08:31 PM
I think people are overestimating what ss is worth.

maybe 15, if he's lucky around 20 million.

More than anything, the success of Street sense has made STREET CRY more valuable. for what it's worth, he has not proven antyhing as a sire while his sire, has.

Give me the choose to bred at the same price, and I will take Street cry 7 days a week.

He can't command a higher stud fee than his sire..and what's worse, is he was apart of his FIRST CROP.

street cry isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Watch his yearling sales this year, they will probably double. if you have a street cry yearling or 2YO right now you are sittin pretty.

One thing ss does have going for him is that dixieland Band on the bottom... I like that alot.

OUIJA board doesn't have the best breeding on earth.. she's a damn good horse, but who knows what she is like as a bloodmare. Shoot, I'd give a coule of mil for her (if I had it) and RACE her.. she's only 6

Out of all of the 3 YO's going right now, Hard spun might command more as a stud value than the rest, being a danzing, and danzing has of course, died, and he might be one of the better danzings to come along in the last 5-10 years. Not crazy about the dam side of the family however.