PDA

View Full Version : Race tracks to fans - Drop Dead

GoBabyGo
05-30-2007, 10:50 AM
from blood horse article, and louisville newspaper see the link

I, and thousands like me, have been caught in the squeeze between aggressive corporations battling for monopolistic control of “the product” while turning a frigid shoulder to the people who purchase the product."

http://opinions.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=39140

Although he concedes things could be better for customers, Magna Entertainment Corp.'s chief executive officer, Michael Neuman, said he believes joint ventures with Churchill Downs Inc. announced earlier this year are good moves for the companies and the industry.

other than that mrs kennedy how did you enjoy the parade we threw for your husband?

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070529/BUSINESS/705290365

point given
05-30-2007, 11:33 AM
from blood horse article, and louisville newspaper see the link

http://opinions.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=39140

other than that mrs kennedy how did you enjoy the parade we threw for your husband?

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070529/BUSINESS/705290365

Thanks for posting the bloodhorse opinion story. I have a similar view of things, as thousands more do as well. I have pretty much stopped betting online although I have 2 betting accounts and can view the races from the tracks I usually bet. It is too much of a hassle to switch back and forth, and on one I get inferior video which that company is unconcerned about. I had 2 accounts as backup for the other and then switched to one when the video problem was not addressed. I will not bet with them until they come to an agreement for the benefit of the customer , not of their company. They must find a common ground and stop their pissing contest or they will have a media Green Monkey on their hands. I go to my local track once a week and watch some races online during the week but donot bet. I used to bet 4-5 days a week online. More bettors should forsake the game online until the pissing match is over. It is only a handle downturn which these companies react to, certainly not their customers concerns. Join the anti ADW train now.

kenwoodallpromos
05-30-2007, 12:53 PM
A wake up call for 1 journalist.
I know what a bettor is, but what is a fan? hey do nopt exist in numbers- "racing fans" is a PR illusion without basis in fact.

alysheba88
05-30-2007, 01:47 PM
A wake up call for 1 journalist.
I know what a bettor is, but what is a fan? hey do nopt exist in numbers- "racing fans" is a PR illusion without basis in fact.

I dont agree. I know it can be semantics but to me someone who goes to live racing a few times a year (The only place they bet) bets the TC races but not much else is more of a fan. I see them at Monmouth. The people who go a few times a year, Who pick horses by #, go with their family or just drink beer and eat and bet their $ a race. They are casual fans of the sport.

Someone who plays online, simulcast and more regularly is more in the bettor category but even then dont think its either/or. I think most of us here bet regularly and also consider ourselves fans of the sport

kenwoodallpromos
05-30-2007, 03:02 PM
I dont agree. I know it can be semantics but to me someone who goes to live racing a few times a year (The only place they bet) bets the TC races but not much else is more of a fan. I see them at Monmouth. The people who go a few times a year, Who pick horses by #, go with their family or just drink beer and eat and bet their $ a race. They are casual fans of the sport.

Someone who plays online, simulcast and more regularly is more in the bettor category but even then dont think its either/or. I think most of us here bet regularly and also consider ourselves fans of the sport

Topcat
05-30-2007, 04:05 PM
I have to agree that the race tracks, for the most part, do not
see bettors as customers -as most other industries would.

The driving force and biggest lobby for the off shore gambling ban
(read: no rebates) was the racing industry as represented by race track officials. They called legislators and lobbied big time for the ban.

There is an assumption built in that if bettors have no other options they will continue to bet and on track.

GoBabyGo
05-30-2007, 04:48 PM
There is an assumption built in that if bettors have no other options they will continue to bet and on track.

thats the problem. the people that are in charge of the industry dont understand jack***t about it. how can they its not like they ever make a bet or anything and i dont think they care much either. yeah everyone will come back to the track. that worked maybe like 30 years ago when there was no option. when you have guys like the magna ceo saying everything is going great except for the customers thats all they need to say. meanwhile tracknet keeps saying we want everyone to have the signal but i have to have three friggin accounts to play the tracks i want. you know what screw them all i will open an account off shore. didnt want to i would rather put the money into the pools but if these guys are this stupid they dont deserve to survive. :ThmbDown: