PDA

View Full Version : Cindy Quits

Light
05-29-2007, 09:48 PM
She has decided to quit her campaigning and expressed among other things, her displeasure with the Democratic party.

I have invested everything I have into trying to bring peace with justice to a country that wants neither. If an individual wants both, then normally he/she is not willing to do more than walk in a protest march or sit behind his/her computer criticizing others. I have spent every available cent I got from the money a "grateful" country gave me when they killed my son and every penny that I have received in speaking or book fees since then. I have sacrificed a 29 year marriage and have traveled for extended periods of time away from Casey’s brother and sisters and my health has suffered and my hospital bills from last summer (when I almost died) are in collection because I have used all my energy trying to stop this country from slaughtering innocent human beings. I have been called every despicable name that small minds can think of and have had my life threatened many times.

The most devastating conclusion that I reached this morning, however, was that Casey did indeed die for nothing.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/5/28/12530/1525

A sad conclusion. Allthough I partially agree her son died for nothing,she did turn that nothing into something.

JustRalph
05-29-2007, 10:16 PM
old news.........she got what she wanted. Her TV time...........

Her son would be embarrassed...........

boxcar
05-29-2007, 10:50 PM
This is what happens when a useful idiot outlives her usefulness.

Boxcar

Light
05-30-2007, 12:56 AM
old news.

1 day old is old?

Light
05-30-2007, 01:10 AM
This is what happens when a useful idiot outlives her usefulness.

Boxcar

As much as you think she is scum of the earth,she did make a contribution to the betterment of man.As miniscule as that may be,dont forget,life on this planet started from something much smaller.In the final analysis,her accomplishments dwarfs everything Bush stands for and has done.

bigmack
05-30-2007, 01:12 AM
1 day old is old?
It's 3 days old L, and by todays standards, that's old.

Her objection, as well as others, is the atrocity of death.

Tough point to dispel when all is well...Tough point to thwart when it's time to confront.

Light
05-30-2007, 01:16 AM
Do the math. May 28 is the date on the link and that is the day she announced her resignation.

bigmack
05-30-2007, 01:20 AM
Do the math. May 28 is the date on the link and that is the day she announced her resignation.
Broaden Light

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/5_29_07_22_18_47.jpg

Light
05-30-2007, 01:24 AM
Thats different than this piece which is personally written by her. The Democratic party was never her main focus.

Light
05-30-2007, 01:31 AM
From her statement you obviously didnt read:

I have come to some heartbreaking conclusions this Memorial Day Morning.

lsbets
05-30-2007, 07:19 AM
Some of us said this is what would happen to her as soon as she rose to prominance. As soon as the "peace movement" had no use for her she was thrown aside and left all alone. Its sad.

Tom
05-30-2007, 07:36 AM
She cut and ran.

fergie
05-30-2007, 07:48 AM
It is sad on sooo many levels.
Fergie

Tom
05-30-2007, 09:50 AM
She blasts the dems pretty good, but that hardy got a mention in the press.
I kind of thought Sec would have posted a link about how it was censored news.;)

boxcar
05-30-2007, 11:11 AM
As much as you think she is scum of the earth,she did make a contribution to the betterment of man.As miniscule as that may be,dont forget,life on this planet started from something much smaller.In the final analysis,her accomplishments dwarfs everything Bush stands for and has done.

Typical liberal drivel: ACCOMPLISHMENTS? What in the world did she do for her country? For mankind? You're confusing [misguided] intentions for accomplishments.

Boxcar

Tom
05-30-2007, 11:37 AM
The only think I know she did for a fact is stand outside Bush's ranch and LIE about meeting with him. She already HAD a meeting with him before that whole drainage ditch vacation. She let on like he refused to meet with her, when in FACT, he refused to meet with her AGAIN as a TOOL of the shameless libs, many of whom probably crawled up out of that sewer ditch to get there in the first place.

ljb
05-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Cindy was used by the dems much like Terri Schaivo was used by the repubs. Only difference Cindy is alive and can speak for herself.

kenwoodallpromos
05-30-2007, 12:51 PM
She met Chavez and now she hates all Americans.

Light
05-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Typical liberal drivel: ACCOMPLISHMENTS? What in the world did she do for her country? For mankind? You're confusing [misguided] intentions for accomplishments.

Boxcar

Remember "Mission Accomplished". What was birdhead's accomplishment? You dont know the meaning of misguided.

A mother losses her son in battle. She is just one of many in that situation. What did he die for? She and other parents have the right to know the real reason.They couldn't even face Tillmans parents with a straight face.Was it a misguided bullet or a misguided policy? Did my kid have adequate armor? Will you toss him in Walter Reed if he's alive?Her actions are a step in making this war selling government more accountable for their mass advertisements to lure young men off to war.

JustRalph
05-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Cindy was used by the dems much like Terri Schaivo was used by the repubs. Only difference Cindy is alive and can speak for herself.

scary, we agree on something.............

But more accurately they used Schaivo's parents...............As a cause

delayjf
05-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Indeed,

All see did was help weaken a country.

Tom
05-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Remember "Mission Accomplished". What was birdhead's accomplishment? You dont know the meaning of misguided.

Go back and read the entrie speech. And consider the knowledge base at the time. The speech was to a warship RETURNING HOME after successfully completing THIER mission in the middle east. The mission refered to was accomplished.

You libs love using today's kowledge to look at history. Hillary wants a do-over on her vote becaus eshe was mislead, but hold Bush accountable fot he same information she had. Disgusting bitch.

I suppose Custer was an idiot for not knowing half the indians in the west were waiting on him.

hcap
05-31-2007, 05:50 AM
TomGo back and read the entrie speech. And consider the knowledge base at the time. The speech was to a warship RETURNING HOME after successfully completing THIER mission in the middle east. The mission refered to was accomplished.Pu-lea-se! The banner was obviously meant to celebrate the the end of the war. A simple shell game. Say "end of major operations" and have your PR department orchestrate the entire dog and pony show. If you can't recognize it for what it was, youse is in big doodoo

http://www.wickedsunshine.com/WagePeace/CorporateMedia/Images/SheepWatchingGeorgeWBushOnTV.jpg

ljb
05-31-2007, 02:16 PM
Hcap,
Where did you get that picture of ( )? :lol:
Don't want to be accused of calling names so you all can fill in the blank.
But they all know who they are. :lol:

46zilzal
05-31-2007, 02:22 PM
quote: "Admiral Kelly, Captain Card, officers and sailors of the USS Abraham Lincoln, my fellow Americans: Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the Battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed. And now our coalition is engaged in securing and reconstructing that country."

woops no they haven't

Tom
05-31-2007, 03:13 PM
You might have some credibility if you have said that BACK THEN.
What was said was TRUE at the time it was said.

Do you call Woodrow Wilson a rutebaga because the job in Germany in WWI was not completed? Remember, they, too started hostilities again, even worse that the first time.

JustRalph
05-31-2007, 03:22 PM
And now our coalition is engaged in securing and reconstructing that country."
woops no they haven't

What part of this don't you understand.......?

He said that our troops are engaged in "securing and reconstructing the country" and they still are. Why is that so hard to understand?

Listen, I don't like the way he has done this.....or the way this war has been run. But you pulling crap like this is disengeneous.........

he said that it would take years.........it has taken twice as long as I figured it would.......but he told you........!

Greyfox
05-31-2007, 03:31 PM
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
Henry David Thoreau

This lady certainly walks to her own drummer, and to a point I admire her for that. I also admire that she is thinking on her own and moving towards one cause rather than giving herself a political label.
But there is more to this than meets the "public eye."
For whatever reason her sons death set off a predetermining series of unresolved issues. Was it guilt? She raised the boy. She influenced him.
Was it meaningless? She'd raised other children and had a multi-decade marriage. Did this give her "reason to be." People were also tossing financial support at her.
Who knows?

I do know though that she to a point is a "victim" of her own thinking.
In the first post of this thread, she states:
" I have invested everything I have into trying to bring peace with justice to a country that wants neither."

There's a lot of things disturbing about that sentence. But let me just say that the ultimate conclusion that the country want's neither is wrong.

Secondly, she stated:
"I have sacrificed a 29 year marriage and have traveled for extended periods of time away from Casey’s brother and sisters and my health has suffered and my hospital bills from last summer (when I almost died) are in collection because I have used all my energy trying to stop this country from slaughtering innocent human beings."

Those were her choices. Choices that she wouldn't have been able to make in many other countries. What kind of person would do that? and why? I don't know I'm just left shaking my head. I only feel sorry that she continued to make those choices.
What worries me most now though is that she is obviously angry.
Right now her anger is directed outwards. Let's hope that she doesn't do something stupid by directing it inwards at her self. But that's not beyond possibility, as her 15 minutes in the sun diminishes.

Yes. She walks to a different drummer. While trying to fix one area of her life,she's manages to go about wrecking other areas. It wouldn't surprise me if she has had a previous history of doing that prior to her son's death. God bless her.

46zilzal
05-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Do you call Woodrow Wilson a rutebaga because the job in Germany in WWI was not completed? Remember, they, too started hostilities again, even worse that the first time.
Woodrow Wilson was a world class statesmen, The United Nations came out of his idea for the League of Nations.....Comparing him to the idiot at the helm today is akin to comparing Mother Theresa to Bozo the clown.

46zilzal
05-31-2007, 03:38 PM
What part of this don't you understand.......?

He said that our troops are engaged in "securing and reconstructing the country" and they still are. Why is that so hard to understand?

blowing up the country, destroying the infrastructure and helping increase global terrorism is a far cry from his platitudes.

EVERYTHING about this is crazy.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1181629,00.html

Tom
05-31-2007, 04:09 PM
Woodrow Wilson was a world class statesmen, The United Nations came out of his idea for the League of Nations.....Comparing him to the idiot at the helm today is akin to comparing Mother Theresa to Bozo the clown.

Her is where you guys always fall flat on your faces.....I did NOT compare the two men, I compared the ACTIONS. You guts are so blinded with hatred ( and don't even bother denying it) that you are not able to judge actions - you are no better than backyards hens gossiping about people. Adults talk about ideas. You cannot.

BTW, WW did NOT get the job done. We did not join the League, it failed, and Germany continued hostilites. But hey, he was a statesman, so what the heck.

46zilzal
05-31-2007, 04:16 PM
I think it is really strange to have someone else tell me my emotions. FOR THE 600th time, I hate no one, not even the brain dead rutabaga......He is there for comic relief.

46zilzal
05-31-2007, 04:18 PM
BTW, WW did NOT get the job done. We did not join the League, it failed, and Germany continued hostilites. But hey, he was a statesman, so what the heck.
It seems no one appreciates people who TRY to make peace over strong armed tactics......Silly
The United Nations Organization replaced the League after the end of the war and inherited a number of agencies and organizations founded by the League.

Peace is still a good ideal.

Tom
05-31-2007, 05:22 PM
What do you think the "doughboys" were shooting at the Germans....SPITBALLS?:lol:

For the 601 st time - you actions and post speak far louder than your disclaimers. And your continual spining to avoid the truth makes YOU very entertaining.

46zilzal
05-31-2007, 05:40 PM
if these letters were in blue, you would claim otherwise

My emotional and psycholoigical world is mine and totally unknown to anyone who doesn't look through these eyes.

Guessing motives is just that PURE GUESSWORK.

Tom
05-31-2007, 06:09 PM
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

(Yeah, sure, you got it. Uh huh. Right.)

Gibbon
05-31-2007, 08:14 PM
Is she single? No, I'm serious.

A woman alone with no one to care for and surrounded by
feminists/leftists would view the world in an unusually way.

Lefty
05-31-2007, 10:20 PM
gibbon, She was married but the husband and whole family has pretty much estranged themselves from her.

Light
05-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Not true. Cindy has 2 daughters and another son and has allways had a close knit family.One reason for quitting is to go back to being a mom to her kids. Casey was the oldest.

Lefty
06-01-2007, 12:20 AM
light, oh it's true, it's damn true. Cindy's own words she says she has sacrificed a 29 yr marriage. Keep pluggin kemo sabe, law of averages says you may be right one time yet. But, not this time.

Light
06-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Sherlock

You may have noticed the abscense of the word "Hubby" in my post.

Lefty
06-01-2007, 12:34 AM
watson, I just noticed the words not true. And zilly gonna get on you for misspelling absence.