PDA

View Full Version : Wow......

OTM Al
05-29-2007, 12:17 PM
I am absolutely fascinated with this

http://www.creationmuseum.org/

A museum devoted to Creationism. Ok. Everybody's got their beliefs and that's cool, but this thing just melts my mind. Its run by a group called Answers in Genesis. They have their full arguements for their positions on a linked website. Just click on the Store button and that will take you to the main site. Then hit the "Get Answers" button and you can read about all the topics they have answers for. Wow......

And before anyone goes off on me here, I do believe in God and do think there is real history included in the Bible, though much is buried deeply by the mythmaking and literary devices of the times. I guess though I should be impressed that these guys now admit there were dinosaurs and that the fossils are not left by Satan to corrupt and confuse mankind as they once used to say....

Wow.....

boxcar
05-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Interesting. As a Christian for over 25 years, I don't ever recall reading in extra-biblical literature or hearing another Christian espouse this kind of nonsesne:

I guess though I should be impressed that these guys now admit there were dinosaurs and that the fossils are not left by Satan to corrupt and confuse mankind as they once used to say....

Wow.....

Indeed! What a blessed life I've been living. ;)

Boxcar

OTM Al
05-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Well, I have. Something like that is too messed up to just make up. I think their arguments and "logical" explanations are still pretty pathetic, but at least they aren't couched in complete stupidity. I'm glad you are so happy as well.

hcap
05-30-2007, 07:38 AM
BoxI don't ever recall reading in extra-biblical literature or hearing another Christian espouse this kind of nonsesne:I guess though I should be impressed that these guys now admit there were dinosaurs and that the fossils are not left by Satan to corrupt and confuse mankind as they once used to say....But they do claim co existence with Barney. Seems I have heard that before.

OTM Al
05-30-2007, 09:12 AM
One of the articles on the site claims just that and that there is a dinosaur in the Bible itself.

Gibbon
05-30-2007, 02:25 PM
The word “dinosaur” did not come into existence until 1820.
Around 1840 it entered common parlance of the day.
Anthropology and archeology are sciences only 170-180 years old.

This means not even the great Galileo heard of dinosaurs.
Unless of course Galileo read an even older book. {He did!} Three thousand
five hundred years ago the book of “Job” speaks of Leviathans, Gargantua's,
{many ways to translate giant beasts} mighty lizards whose tail is that of an oak. Must be referring to modern day hippos.

But who cares? It is obvious we evolved from Gibbons. The resemblance is striking. In the words of fictional Mr. Smith {Matrix trilogy} humans are viruses whose stench is repugnant.

chickenhead
05-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Yes, Job had a pet Brachiosaurus. I thought this was common knowledge. Noah kept a few of the dinosaurs and raised them as pets. He was forced to give one to Job to cover some losses in a dice game. (shootin' dice was job's j-o-b)

It made Gilgamesh happy, one less of Noahs fiendish dinosaurs pooping on his front lawn. That old Noah, what a character.

Tom
05-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Of course Noah split up the pair of Craposaruses, which is why they never populated very far north.

Tom
05-30-2007, 04:00 PM
But who cares? It is obvious we evolved from Gibbons. The resemblance is striking.

Really?
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!

chickenhead
05-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Of course Noah split up the pair of Craposaruses, which is why they never populated very far north.

you mean the Holy Craposarus? I think that's what the Holy Ghost rides around on.

OTM Al
05-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Holy Ghost!!! He-Man is not the Holy Ghost....jeeeeezzzzz. And that is a Crapolosaurus he is riding, but that is a common mistake.

Of course everyone in the know knows that He-Man is "the gay", and we all know what the Bible says about that.....

46zilzal
05-30-2007, 04:39 PM
The word “dinosaur” did not come into existence until 1820.
Around 1840 it entered common parlance of the day.
Anthropology and archeology are sciences only 170-180 years old.

I think the word Bohemeth appears there. Same thing different name.

Gibbon
05-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Good thing Dinosaurs evolved into modern day birds (http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/diapsids/avians.html)and flew away.:eek:
I had an evolved dino on my barbecue Memorial day. Tasted pretty good.

Tom, you are in need of a hair cut.:lol:

OTM Al
05-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Everyone HAD to get all serious again :(

hcap
05-31-2007, 06:01 AM
At least most modern Churches other than the fundamentalists have accepted the science of geology. Even recognizing evolution as possibly a collaborative effort between God and nature.

I'm afraid that if more fundies ran museums, Salem would be portrayed as an honest defense against withcraft

OTM Al
05-31-2007, 01:58 PM
Hehehe

http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/i_believe_in_evolution_except

Gibbon
05-31-2007, 05:27 PM
....fundies ran museums, Salem would be portrayed as an honest defense against withcraft. As opposed to the multi millions who have been murdered {Justification} in the great
Darwinian - Huxley – Freudian – Nietzsche (+) post modern secularists
cabal.

I love modern man. A Roman orgy of denial and decadence and belief in his own
vain ego as supreme.

As Billy boy {no, not Clinton} once said in Macbeth ".......it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing."

46zilzal
05-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Hehehe

http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/i_believe_in_evolution_except
Typical, with no scientific explanation they pull the GOD card....

What else is new?

lsbets
05-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Typical, with no scientific explanation they pull the GOD card....

What else is new?

Zil - you might want to look closer at the things you comment on. I think you took the commentary on the onion a little too seriously.

GaryG
05-31-2007, 05:55 PM
Zil - you might want to look closer at the things you comment on. I think you took the commentary on the onion a little too seriously.No reason for him to start now.....

JustRalph
05-31-2007, 09:18 PM
46 is good for a laugh every now and then...........

It's the Friggin Onion!!!!

OTM Al
05-31-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm just going to have to say it again. Why are some of you ruining this thread by taking it SOOOOOOOO seriously????? I honestly don't think I could keep a straight face in the Creation Museum and I do think God created the Universe et. al. That Onion article is better thought out than most of the articles I saw on the Museum site.

hcap
06-06-2007, 08:16 AM
If anybody wants to support the Barney & Fred Flintstone theory of the Triassic, go here

http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page

You will find such gems as.....

"like all modern animals . . . kangaroos are the descendants of the two founding members of the modern kangaroo baramin that were taken aboard Noah's Ark prior to the Great Flood."

"After the Flood, these kangaroos bred from the Ark passengers migrated to Australia. There is debate whether this migration happened over land with lower sea levels during the post-flood ice age, or before the supercontinent of Pangea broke apart, or if they rafted on mats of vegetation torn up by the receding flood waters."

The word "baramin." It's a 20th-century creationist neologism that refers to the species God placed on earth during creation Week.

Also check out this science
http://www.amazon.com/Noahs-Ark-Feasibility-John-Woodmorappe/dp/0932766412/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-0245462-0943123?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181064218&sr=8-1

Overlay
06-06-2007, 04:52 PM
I believe that the Genesis account of creation and what has been discovered by science will all be reconciled at some point (although not perhaps in this world). But why would a God of order create a universe that consistently runs in accordance with natural laws that man is given the intelligence and ability to discover, and then present phenomena that require man to disregard those same natural laws (if the earth is in fact roughly only six thousand years old) in order to account for, such as how we can see galaxies that are millions of light years from earth?