PDA

View Full Version : Belmont is the Parlay palace

samyn on the green
05-29-2007, 02:06 AM
The UNITEDTOTE SAMS at NYRA are really showing an edge over the old AMTOTE machines.

The feature that has been ignored is the parlay feature. You can make parlays now without filling out that card.

This feature is an absolute godsend for bettors and a weapon that has been added to my arsenal. Here is the brilliant part of the new software that makes the parlay an absolute leverage weapon. you can make a pick 4 parlay with 60 combos that only costs $6.

Say the parlay is 6x1x5x2. If you make a $1 parlay it will only cost you $6 to start. Say you win the A leg and the horse pays $20. You now have $10 to win on leg B. Leg B wins and pays $6. You now have $30 in winnings. The unitedtote software automatically distributes the winnings and you have $6win on each of the horses in leg C. Leg C wins and pays $20 and you have now accumulated $60. The software splits the winnings between both horses in leg D and you will have $30 to win on both of the horses in leg D. One of those horses wins and pays $10 so you score a $150 ticket tax free on a what started out as a $6 wager buy in.

If you want to make it a bigger wager you can start out with a $10 parlay and with the same 6x1x5x2 wager and the outlay would be $60 just like the $1 pick 4 would cost $60.

This is an absolutely brilliant way to wager as you can craft your own pick 3's/pick4'ss and you can basically play a $.10wager with only a $1 outlay to start on each horse in the first leg.

It is too bad that the general public has not embraced this feature but the accumulations were growing very fast today on very modest wagers. The SAM even displays the amount accumulated in the parlay right on the screen when you wager with a NYRA rewards card.

Dick Schmidt
05-29-2007, 05:07 AM
The problem with parlays remains the takeout. Instead of one (exotic) take of about 25% when you play a real Pick-3,4 or 6, a parlay has a takeout in every race. Four races, four takeouts. Not sure what the NY take is now, but I'm sure it's around 15% for win bets. Than means the track winds up with 60% of your eventual winnings. Parlays may be exciting and all, but they really don't offer any long term advantage over four individual bets and careful money management.

Dick

”And St. Attila raised the holy hand grenade up on high saying: "Oh Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it I may blowest thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

pat
05-29-2007, 07:55 AM
I attend the nyra races daily and i play many parlays when spreading with many horses you must maintain a min. of $1.00 bet on each horse or the bet ends and the balance is returned, there isnt many winners that pay $20.00

Premier Turf Club
05-29-2007, 07:58 AM
The UNITEDTOTE SAMS at NYRA are really showing an edge over the old AMTOTE machines.

The feature that has been ignored is the parlay feature. You can make parlays now without filling out that card.

This feature is an absolute godsend for bettors and a weapon that has been added to my arsenal. Here is the brilliant part of the new software that makes the parlay an absolute leverage weapon. you can make a pick 4 parlay with 60 combos that only costs $6.

This is a feature we expect to have built into our website within the next 60 days. I personally haven't played parlays in a long time but we got a number of requests for it and something called a round robin which I think is a fractional parlay.

betchatoo
05-29-2007, 08:18 AM
This is a feature we expect to have built into our website within the next 60 days. I personally haven't played parlays in a long time but we got a number of requests for it and something called a round robin which I think is a fractional parlay.
Is there any chance you're going to be adding more tracks soon?

rrbauer
05-29-2007, 08:40 AM

Round-robin used to be a three-horse/team bet.

A to B
A to C
B to C

Premier Turf Club
05-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Is there any chance you're going to be adding more tracks soon?

I sure hope so. We continue to have discussions with the major players and hope to have agreements with them soon.

We have added other features to the site beginning today including on-line account sign-up and credit/debit card funding of accounts.

cj
05-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Will conditional betting be coming soon? For example, only bet the 1 at Bel, 1st race, if 4 to 1 or more?

Premier Turf Club
05-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Will conditional betting be coming soon? For example, only bet the 1 at Bel, 1st race, if 4 to 1 or more?

Yes, thats something else we're working on. It should be around the same time as the parlay/round robins/dutch module. There are about a million things we want to do and only so many man hours each week. We've got a team of 12 programmers working up to 6 days a week on the site. I think now that we have the new home page up and an on-line application we can get to work on some of the additional modules.

saratoga guy
05-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Yes, thats something else we're working on. It should be around the same time as the parlay/round robins/dutch module. There are about a million things we want to do and only so many man hours each week. We've got a team of 12 programmers working up to 6 days a week on the site. I think now that we have the new home page up and an on-line application we can get to work on some of the additional modules.
Just out of curiousity, how would that work (placing a bet at 4-1 or more for instance), ie, when does the bet get placed, what happens if the odds change after that (going below the minimum)?

Premier Turf Club
05-29-2007, 01:27 PM
You control when the bet gets sent to the tote, see attached screen shot. Since we're 100% pari-mutuel you get the off odds no matter when the wager is submitted.

JustRalph
05-29-2007, 05:09 PM
You control when the bet gets sent to the tote, see attached screen shot. Since we're 100% pari-mutuel you get the off odds no matter when the wager is submitted.

now you are starting to peak my interest a little more. But I am still a small fish.......I get the feeling that isn't who you are looking for.........I will keep watching..........you keep programming............ ;)

Premier Turf Club
05-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Not just courting whales. The idea is to bring back all the money being bet off-shore with the illegal bookmakers. Feel free to contact me for more information.

I know there are other PA members that can vouch for the fact that we treat all players like big fish...

Ian

betovernetcapper
05-29-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm not a whale, but the rebates and service I get at PTC rocks. I still have BrisBet and YouBet accounts, but I use them a lot less. YouBet just sent me a email informing me that my membership level has dropped to bronze. As PTC adds more tracks, I expect it will drop to lead.