PDA

View Full Version : Dave Tuley

Valuist
05-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Just heard he was laid off by the DRF. Always enjoyed his column.

Gibbon
05-29-2007, 12:07 AM
This was kept unusually quite. The DRF has also eliminated its coverage of both poker and sports handicapping. I suspect DRF might be in the process of changing their business model and dressing up their balance sheets to look as inviting as possible. After all, the DRF is for sale.

rrbauer
05-29-2007, 08:49 AM
This was kept unusually quite. The DRF has also eliminated its coverage of both poker and sports handicapping. [font=Verdana]I suspect DRF might be in the process of changing their business model and dressing up their balance sheets to look as inviting as possible. After all, the DRF is for sale.

With the decline of the availability of internet-based sports/poker betting due to the difficulties in getting money transferred from/to gambling sites and due to the number of sites that have ceased doing biz with U. S. residents, DRF advertising revenues in that genre has to have pretty much dried up. So fewer players and fewer advertisers results in that arm of the business going away, along with its employees.

Edward DeVere
05-29-2007, 03:31 PM
I wondered why there were no new stories on the DRF website in that area.

Now I know why - thanks.

DerbyTrail
06-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Fret not Tull fans! He is coming back to DRF as a 'freelancer' with bi-weekly regular columns starting this week, and weekly again for football season!

DanG
06-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Fret not Tull fans! He is coming back to DRF as a 'freelancer' with bi-weekly regular columns starting this week, and weekly again for football season!
Thanks for the heads up DT,

Dave is one of the good guys and I wish him all the best. :ThmbUp: