PDA

View Full Version : this is why I don't watch TVG

gIracing
05-27-2007, 06:06 PM
I normally stick to HRTV, but there was a race at arlington that I had to bet on. Race 9

So I place my bet, and I turn to tVG to get the coverage. The race shows OFF on the bottom of the screen, and they are showing some all access BS from the previous race at hollywood park, then talking about fugure picks in the upcoming pick 4 at hollywood..while the race at arlington is aparantly going on as we speak.

Then when they get done..they sent it to Emeralld downs!

Arlington isn't portland medows. at least when HRTV does it, you know youa re going to get to see SA and churchill and Gulfstream races live

gIracing
05-27-2007, 06:09 PM
BTW I'ved picked 7 2nd place finishes in a row

GaryG
05-27-2007, 06:21 PM
One of the tracks I bet is Monmouth and that split screen is driving me nuts.

JimG
05-27-2007, 06:51 PM
One of the tracks I bet is Monmouth and that split screen is driving me nuts.

I hear ya, but I think it beats watching it on tape delay when they can fit it in.

Jim

joeyreb
05-27-2007, 07:03 PM
TVG is losing all CDI/Twin Spire tracks next year, look for all the CDI tracks to get 2nd or 3rd billing, specailly when CDI is sqeezing TVG out of business forcing on-line wagering site to drop all TVG exclusive tracks.

Imagine Delta or Evangeline would get shown over a CDI track now

gIracing
05-27-2007, 07:40 PM
forgot all about that

actually arlington is going to be on HRTV later this summer, don't know about clalder

it was 17 mintues to the 10th before they showed the arlington track

if they are going to act like that, then go all the way and stop letting people bet on arlingotn tracks.. you take my money (i didn't use TVG), you owe it to me to show the damn race or at least try to. I don't want to resee JT's entire ride the last race while there is a live race going on.

8 in a row baby!

too bad it's not all at the same track, i could have hit the place pick all... and some of them are nice prices as well. A couple of 10 to 1 shots

joeyreb
05-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Your hope that HRTV will do better is a fantasy!!!

MEC owns HRTV and Lone Star Park

Lone Star runs Thursday night, Friday night , Sat. 1:35pm, Sun 1:35pm

Since Lone Star opened on Apr. 12th, except for 3 nights, HRTV has shown REPEATS of Across the Board, Target Louisville, Inside Information over live racing at Lone Star Park, so on Thursday & Friday nights you've missed some combination Races 1 - 4, except on May 10th, 24th, and 25th.

gIracing
05-27-2007, 10:55 PM
that's a little short sighted.

what OTHER option do they have. I for one, LOVE inside information and if that means I have to miss a race, that's one thing I can live wtih. you see they already stopped across the board, probably for that reason.

The options they have are show it durning the DAY when you have pimlico and churchill going, OR show it at night when you have lone star, mountineer, and a bunch of harness racing.. not a very tough deciison. I don't understand why they get so much smack for that.. this board would be livid if they were cutting off the 5th and 6th races at Churchill downs to show stuff like that

Also, they are learning from their mistakes on the fly.. over the past 1 week or probably even more, the only time you can see Inside Info is right before they go off air when they are doing the austrailan racing (which I bet on)

I don't mind them trying to do original content, and some of it is extremely interesting. I think the idea of across the board is kinda redundant, espically when they do about an interview a day live on the set when they don't have any races

I think that's probably part of the reason you didn't see AP and CRC go over to HRTV now.. they can't handle all of thoose tracks plus what they have now with their current setup.. they need different graphic displays, a different setup, and more polishing.. I mean this time last year they didn't have Delaware OR churchill, and then you want to dump 4 NEW tracks on them to try to juggle?

BTW, I try to play lone star, and I live in arkansas so I can relate, but my gosh, can we get a track that's NOT sloppy? I'd rather play Mountineer park, I like the racing there and you don't get the slop every freakin night

ranchwest
05-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Both networks seem to feel it is important to show the finest in racing. I don't have a need for watching the finest in racing. I've been doing well on 5k claimers. Show me some of those.

ranchwest
05-28-2007, 01:37 AM

what OTHER option do they have. I for one, LOVE inside information and if that means I have to miss a race, that's one thing I can live wtih. you see they already stopped across the board, probably for that reason.

The options they have are show it durning the DAY when you have pimlico and churchill going, OR show it at night when you have lone star, mountineer, and a bunch of harness racing.. not a very tough deciison. I don't understand why they get so much smack for that.. this board would be livid if they were cutting off the 5th and 6th races at Churchill downs to show stuff like that

Also, they are learning from their mistakes on the fly.. over the past 1 week or probably even more, the only time you can see Inside Info is right before they go off air when they are doing the austrailan racing (which I bet on)

I don't mind them trying to do original content, and some of it is extremely interesting. I think the idea of across the board is kinda redundant, espically when they do about an interview a day live on the set when they don't have any races

I think that's probably part of the reason you didn't see AP and CRC go over to HRTV now.. they can't handle all of thoose tracks plus what they have now with their current setup.. they need different graphic displays, a different setup, and more polishing.. I mean this time last year they didn't have Delaware OR churchill, and then you want to dump 4 NEW tracks on them to try to juggle?

BTW, I try to play lone star, and I live in arkansas so I can relate, but my gosh, can we get a track that's NOT sloppy? I'd rather play Mountineer park, I like the racing there and you don't get the slop every freakin night

In a week or so it will probably quit raining at Lone Star and when it stops you probably won't have to worry about rain again for the rest of the season.

Tom
05-28-2007, 09:54 AM
Neither channel has a clue who their audience is. HTRV is closer than TVG will ever be. But both are run by people who are probably not horse players...and it shows.
You Bet with its awful video puts them both to shame.
When you go to the track in person, do you enjoy having some jerk follow you around talking your ear off all day about everyting but the race coming up?
this seems to be the mission statement of TVG.

Milleruszk
05-28-2007, 11:48 AM
You Bet with its awful video puts them both to shame.
When you go to the track in person, do you enjoy having some jerk follow you around talking your ear off all day about everyting but the race coming up?
this seems to be the mission statement of TVG.

That's exactly why you should leave the wife or girlfriend at home. :lol:

gIracing
05-28-2007, 12:14 PM
you make a good point. Funny enough, I don't bet on stakes races... I have my reasons... yet when you turn to either channel, that's all they talk about. Mid level claimers are my bread and butter

if I had one pet peeve about HRTV it's they stop giving their pick 6 plays on TV. I hit 3 Magna 5 tickets ealrier this year watching their magna 5 TV show and hit jon whites pick 6 he picked at SA after derby day... mainly because I was too busy to handicap the race myself and just eyeballing it I liked his ticket.

that and i wish they had live coverage at tracks instead of just feeds... but at the end of the day.. It's not THAT big of a deal.. I just want to see horses

gIracing
05-28-2007, 01:47 PM
okay.. now TVG isn't even showing entire races!

they just showed the stretch drive of the 3rd at Calder..... pathetic I didn't have any money on it or anything, just watching TV but still.. how unprofessional is that!

Tom
05-28-2007, 02:01 PM
And today they have multipe crews of talkingheads, so that they don't accidentally show too much racing on a holiday! they have more talking heads than Belmont has starters in a stakes race!:rolleyes:
What pathetic losers.

gIracing
05-28-2007, 02:11 PM
man what does a man have to do see a race, evena replay, I'd take that right now, of arlington park?

Tom
05-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Obviouslxy, they thought talking about a 5 horse yawner at Belmont ws more intersting than a live one at Arlington......another stretch call so the talking heads can yuack about nothing.

gIracing
05-28-2007, 02:24 PM
okay this is out of hand.. the 2nd race at arlington park.. one of my 3 fav tracks to watch BTW (Hollywood and Santa anita) and they still haven't shown the FIRST race, nor gave the results.... they are really sticking it to CDSN huh

ELA
05-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Maybe it's just me, but other than "the product" I don't like the shows that often. One of the few aspects I do like is being able to hear, learn, etc. from perspectives that I -- and very few people -- very rarely get to hear, learn, etc. I liked recetnly hearing Aaron Gryder. He gave insight and opinions from a perspective that we rarely get to see, hear, etc. What a jock might be thinking when he does or does not make a move, the position of his hands, his heels, etc. I also used to like Iggy Puglisi but he "settled" in over time and blended in to the rest of the talent.

Anyway, I tend to know what is shown, when, etc. and where I need to be in order to see what I want. Between the internet, TVG/HRTV, and an OTB which is 5 minutes away, I am not often missing what I need or want to see.

For me, it's more about content/context -- and how it's delivered -- than it is about programming. The product is what it is. Some of us feel it's positioned well, properly, etc., some of us don't. Programming is relatively static. Same, different, etc. tracks, races, etc. -- and that's what we want! LOL. Content/Context can be made to be more fluid. I want it delivered better.

Eric

gIracing
05-28-2007, 02:52 PM
they are shootingt hesmevles in the foot.. no one is going to bet on a race thoguh TVG they know they arne't going to see.

sad thing is, I have to use xpressbet and I have a live horse in teh 7th at arlignton... and I can't watch him becuase TVG has their heads up their AZZ.. no live feeds via arlington via xpressbet or any of the TVG tracks. can bet on all of them execpt NYRA tracks but can't watch them online

joeyreb
05-29-2007, 08:08 PM

I think that's probably part of the reason you didn't see AP and CRC go over to HRTV now..

Try Monday & Tuesday Nights when most tracks are dark!!!

Going not missing just one race at Lone Star your missing at least 3 races for re-runs....

Arlington & Calder contract with TVG ends later this year, I not sure about the Fair Grounds if it ended with the 06-07 meet or with the 07-08 meet. But this time next year No CDI tracks will be on HRTV.

I've e-mailed HRTV over dozen times without reply

toddtontv
05-29-2007, 09:03 PM
wow, if I had to correct all the misinformation in this tread, I would have to spend the night, and that just won't be worth the time,:bang:

Tom
05-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Translation - you can't refute a single thing here, can you?:lol:

GaryG
05-29-2007, 09:09 PM
then go away if you have nothing to offer

toddtontv
05-29-2007, 09:33 PM
ok, Tommie, let's start with you, If you are an exclusive track ( like Belmont) that means they cover it because regardless if it's a five horse field or a two horse field it's an exclusive track, soooooooo AP doesn't get the coverage because they will be leaving soon, it's simple business, as for the talking heads, not everyone has 21,000 posts on a forum, and as for the guy with the rebel flag, I find your flag offensive, and you should go away, you lost that war !

gIracing
05-29-2007, 09:47 PM
i have a feeling, just a gut feeling, that if Arlington park wasn't leaving at the end of the year.. they wouldn't be waiting 30-40 mintues to show replays of the races. It's kinda like a partin shot

damn I forgot all about Fair Grounds.. hrtv gets them too? Shoot.. I mean I don't really LIke TVG but I mean, besides them not letting my state bet on tracks and some of the announcers.. I mean it's a channel that shows live races.. how bad does it have to be? The only time I really watch TVG is Friday night racing at hollywood... wouldn't miss it for anything. other than that unless I really like something at one of their tracks or there is a G1 race on, i won't leave HRTV

toddtontv
05-29-2007, 10:06 PM
GIRacing, ya that's right, there sticking it to CDI, just like when CDI, wouldn't give TVG press passes to the derby etc. it's the way of the world, but here's a news flash for you, TVG only goes in states where it's legal to take bets, that is why they aren't in your state, other AWD just do it, so if you think when those tracks move over to CDI, it's the end, guess again, one channel will never cut it, check out what happened to oaklawn, when they went over to HRTV, they were almost always tape delay, and there handle was down on the year,so good luck to ya, and HRTV,by the way how come there distrubtion is so limited?

gIracing
05-29-2007, 11:53 PM
I don't care about a race not being live.. that I could care less about.

what I don't want is the 4th race post time and i sitll haven't seen SECOND RACE.
\
which is exactly what they did with arlington park.

And I forgot all about poor Calder.. lol, they even took the TOTE board off on calder

this "it's not live" crap is pointless... there are too many tracks and 2 channels.. you aren't going to get every race live and someome somewhere is going to be peeved. if you want live racing that bad, go to the damn track or get an internet feed. I can deal with a 2-5 min tape delay.

i live next to oaklawn and I would be pissed if they showed a race at oaklawn before one at Santa anita

joeyreb
05-30-2007, 12:47 AM
Dude, we told ya why CDI tracks getting coverage they are getting on TVG...

If I were the head of programming at TVG, I would replay all the CDI tracks races via tape delay 1am in the morning until the contracts run out

Todd... hmmm I wonder why Derby & Oaks on-line wagering were way down... CDI blocking TVG & Youbet not so good after all!!! I think HRTV has 1/3 of the households that TVG has....

When HRTV gets all the CDI by the end of the year, Santa Anita & Churchill will get good coverage [still not on par with TVG's feature track coverage], the other tracks coverage will suck more than it does now.

gIracing
05-30-2007, 01:16 AM
it's ovbious you don't run a business. you don't let emotions get in the way of making money.

who is going to bet on a race via TVG that they aren't going to show until 1am? I'm sure as hell not, and I didn't play my race at arlington because of it.

they can get in thir pissing match, but while there are bleeding everywhere, they can be making money, and instead of showing the TVG wager rewards every 5 mintues, show a damn race.

I believe in karma... if you do stuff right, stuff eventually works out for the better. Regardless of why CDI did what they did... they did it. it's done. you never know what the future holds.. but you don't throw gas on a flame by pulling these stunts.

And don't let NYRA loose the bids to the NY circuit... we might have two racing channels but one of them might not be TVG.. which is sad because I love Jill Bryne and Christana.. and I grew up not to far from nancy

Tom
05-30-2007, 07:31 AM
I think he confused "refute" with "parrot." :lol:

trigger
05-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Changes coming at HRTV, etc.
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070529/BUSINESS/705290365

GaryG
05-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Well, let's hope for the best. They already have a good product that is far better than the airheads at TVG. I have to put up with them for both Calder and Monmouth now. TVG would be unwatchable without the mute button. Is it just me or do Peter Luries eyes remind you of Nixon? I keep waiting for him to say he is not a crook.

gIracing
05-30-2007, 01:04 PM
i like peter laurie because he did the voice over for Valcun Raven in Metal Gear solid.. it just doesn't get cooler than that

o_crunk
05-31-2007, 11:48 PM
....TVG only goes in states where it's legal to take bets, that is why they aren't in your state....

hmmm tvg has monmouth. i have tvg. i live in nj. yet i can not place a bet on tvg or ANY other outlet other than the state's wagering system which is asking for my first born just to get an account. (i'm not kidding, getting a driver's lisence is easier, quite scary if you ask me).

---

anyway, just found out a couple weeks ago that i have tvg and have been watching here and there. i can see the negatives that others are saying here. that dude with the blond hair....holy cow he is AWFUL!!! he's like jim cramer except ten times the megalomania.

and this thing where their talking heads are giving out picks. who gives an ish? really? do i need to see the guys face next his $120 pick 4 flashing on the screen...no. i don't need the picks either. what is the purpose to the viewer of this style of broadcast? i can understand a pick here and there, but the entire broadcast apparatus is built around picking and not INFORMING. lame.

just show the races. give me the odds. show the post parade. and that's it please. save the handicapping for all the off hours you're not showing racing.

i was expecting a little bit more. i can understand how it is difficult to show live races at 4 different tracks at the same time and still have commercials etc. no beef there....but the blabbering about picks....not acceptable.

toddtontv
06-01-2007, 12:06 AM
ok, since when has TVG given a 120 dollar pick four, never, their limit is 48 dollars, so at least get your facts right, interesting, the blonde hair dude has given out the pick six twice last year, but I guess he is awful, and he was the track AL at Mon. a number of years ago, so I guess you didn't go there much

o_crunk
06-01-2007, 12:12 AM
don't go there much? mang please...i don't usually get into internet piss fights, but i'm only 28 and i was there for bet twice. i've been going there for over 20 years. playing in the kids area to betting with pops. prolly was hanging with my grandpops (RIP) at monmouth before i could TALK. i'm there every weekend...hanging in the paddock with pa dukes, drinking PBR's with my shades on. come by and have drink.

you're right i haven't watched much...just noticed i got tvg a couple weeks ago...just laying my 2 cents down. you're entitled to disagree. but you can't take away HOW I SEE IT. got it?

ELA
06-01-2007, 12:20 AM
I think a fundamental question here is "who" is watching TVG (or HRTV for that matter) and "why."

Now, while this may appear to be a stupid, obvious, or otherwise question, I think it's important. While I cannot legally use TVG to wager, even if I could, I still would not. But that's just me. It has nothing to do with content, on-air talent, liking this one, or not liking that one, etc. However, I still watch TVG a great deal. On the other hand, there might be some people who like it for wagering -- and perhaps they very much like the content and everything else.

However, here in this forum, with this type of "viewer" -- I don't think the majority watch for the picks/selections. Maybe I'm wrong about that. Regardless, there will always be people who like and dislike the many aspects of TVG, HRTV and ESPN, ABC/NBC/CBS/etc. for that matter.

Eric

toddtontv
06-01-2007, 12:26 AM
great that you have gone to Mon. all those years, and not know the blonde hair dude as Matt C from Monmouth, he was there at least two years, but maybe you just didn't pay attention, kind of like now, you started to watch TVG with what in mind? Just a side note it's your states law not TVG's.

o_crunk
06-01-2007, 12:36 AM
great that you have gone to Mon. all those years, and not know the blonde hair dude as Matt C from Monmouth, he was there at least two years, but maybe you just didn't pay attention, kind of like now, you started to watch TVG with what in mind? Just a side note it's your states law not TVG's.

who? why do i have to know this guy? you sure he was there 2 years...got your facts straight?

i started to watch tvg to see races....same reason i go to the track. so i guess it is no surprise to me that i've been going to monmouth this long and not know who this guy is and yet also turn on tvg and see this same guy and not think much other than what i've already said.

if he's a great handicapper...so be it. that's not what i'm questioning. i'm questioning his on-air persona...a bit over-the-top no? but hey that's just my 2 cents. i'm not sure why you are arguing about MY opinion. hoping to change it or something?

i know it's state law...just pointing it out in light of your comment.

Hajck Hillstrom
06-01-2007, 03:03 AM
ok, since when has TVG given a 120 dollar pick four, never, their limit is 48 dollars, so at least get your facts right, interesting, the blonde hair dude has given out the pick six twice last year, but I guess he is awful, and he was the track AL at Mon. a number of years ago, so I guess you didn't go there muchOK, Todd, time to get your facts straight. I do believe the "blonde guy" he was referring to is Matt Carothers, and if he gave out 2 Pik6's last year, than I will leave this board to never appear again. Now, I could be wrong, but I do watch a lot of TVG and I think I would have been reminded of the fact if this actually happened. I do remember Simon Bray giving out a Pik6 that paid about $2,400 a short while back, and a couple of years ago Bob Beadeaker gave out a $10,000 Pik6 at Hollypark, but to my recollection, these were the only two.

I know that Matt Carothers hit a couple of Pik6's in one week at either Golden Gate Fields or Bay Meadows a few years ago, but those were off air, and I can't remember a horizontal wager of size that he has ever released.

Now Todd, I'm challanging you to stop blowing smoke about TVG, and for your information, Todd Schrupp is a horizontal player. Please, enough of the misinformation.

Carry on, Carry on,

Hajck

samyn on the green
06-01-2007, 06:11 AM
I think you TVG bashers would have a hell of a time managing 4 tracks running every half hour. Thats four races, four post parades and lots of analysis. It looks much easier than it is. Could you really manage an operation like this? When you master it only then can you complain. It seems like the nature of the horseplayer is to complain much more than the average person. I am not above this and have elected to complain about the complaining horseplayers. :D

Appreciate TVG while you have it. Outstanding coverage of the best tracks in North America. Think back to the 1990's. We could go back to nil coverage of racing on TV and 40K at the Belmont. Since TVG came on the scene attendance at NY racing has surged for the big days and for the spa. Racing has built some forward momentum in this decade and TVG should take some credit for that. The masses respond to TV like no other master. TVG is the key to bring more newbie money into the pools.

pressman
06-01-2007, 07:07 AM
hmmm tvg has monmouth. i have tvg. i live in nj. yet i can not place a bet on tvg or ANY other outlet other than the state's wagering system which is asking for my first born just to get an account. (i'm not kidding, getting a driver's lisence is easier, quite scary if you ask me).

---

anyway, just found out a couple weeks ago that i have tvg and have been watching here and there. i can see the negatives that others are saying here. that dude with the blond hair....holy cow he is AWFUL!!! he's like jim cramer except ten times the megalomania.

and this thing where their talking heads are giving out picks. who gives an ish? really? do i need to see the guys face next his $120 pick 4 flashing on the screen...no. i don't need the picks either. what is the purpose to the viewer of this style of broadcast? i can understand a pick here and there, but the entire broadcast apparatus is built around picking and not INFORMING. lame.

just show the races. give me the odds. show the post parade. and that's it please. save the handicapping for all the off hours you're not showing racing.

i was expecting a little bit more. i can understand how it is difficult to show live races at 4 different tracks at the same time and still have commercials etc. no beef there....but the blabbering about picks....not acceptable.
I dont see where it was hard to get an account in Nj I have one with no problem filled out a form sent in a check and 3-4 days later was betting. I just dealt with them this past week to add a credit card to my account for funding-very pleasant and helpful.

gIracing
06-01-2007, 08:39 AM
although I could care less about the pick 4's they give (besides some fool actually betting them out there..poor soul... I think in 6 months I've seen 1 hit.. maybe 2. Wait.. i saw one last night that cost 34 bucks and paid 68! :ThmbUp: )

but I'm not going to piss one over something that trivial. just don't bet it. TVG is just shooting themsleves in the foot.

like i said, if it weren't for friday night racing, I wouldn't watch it.

jma
06-01-2007, 09:38 AM
I dont see where it was hard to get an account in Nj I have one with no problem filled out a form sent in a check and 3-4 days later was betting. I just dealt with them this past week to add a credit card to my account for funding-very pleasant and helpful.

I was going to mention that, but didn't want to get into the argument...while it might be nice to have some rebates or some competition for NJ's betting site, actually GETTING the account isn't a problem.

Light
06-01-2007, 12:06 PM
I watch TVG purely for entertainment purposes,like when I'm having lunch or falling asleep on the couch.

pressman
06-01-2007, 04:59 PM
although I could care less about the pick 4's they give (besides some fool actually betting them out there..poor soul... I think in 6 months I've seen 1 hit.. maybe 2. Wait.. i saw one last night that cost 34 bucks and paid 68! :ThmbUp: )

but I'm not going to piss one over something that trivial. just don't bet it. TVG is just shooting themsleves in the foot.

like i said, if it weren't for friday night racing, I wouldn't watch it.
Ive only had TVG 3 weeks but ive seen them give out pick-4's that paid $770,$531,$1250 and today 1 for $23.50 $158 and Matt is alive in the last race at Belmont for a pretty decent payout on the 4 and 8 I believe I think theyre entertaining and maybe getting a few new fans involved

gIracing
06-01-2007, 05:14 PM
but when you play 15-20 pick 4's a day, at about 48 a ticket.. that's basically breaking even.. if that

simon bray is the only I would even remotely listen to... almost none of them have no idea what money management is

Jeff Sigel takes all of them to the cleaners and it's not even close... even though I don't listen to him either

pressman
06-02-2007, 09:06 AM
but when you play 15-20 pick 4's a day, at about 48 a ticket.. that's basically breaking even.. if that

simon bray is the only I would even remotely listen to... almost none of them have no idea what money management is

Jeff Sigel takes all of them to the cleaners and it's not even close... even though I don't listen to him either
I agree Im making my own oicks anyway but they try to give an isite into what the trainer is doing and horse appearance like i siad the new fan finds this interesting and entertaing to a point

Tom
06-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Well, they're at it again.
Horses in the gate for Calder's 2nd race, and they cut away to Monmouth - with over two minutes to post.
Then talking heads offer jibberish while Calder offers a real race.

What pathetic management.

joeyreb
06-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Again Calder is a CDI track...... Monmouth is a track in good standing

Well, they're at it again.
Horses in the gate for Calder's 2nd race, and they cut away to Monmouth - with over two minutes to post.
Then talking heads offer jibberish while Calder offers a real race.

What pathetic management.

gIracing
06-02-2007, 01:59 PM
yeah.. if I didn't like the SoCal circuit so much I wo uldn't bother with TVG at all.

when I make the move to socal, by then they won't have the CDI tracks anymore.. doubt I ever tune in.

I will however be watching later tonight for the japan racing.... comes in handy dubai world cup day

Tom
06-02-2007, 05:24 PM
So now they show split screen...AND both audios at the same time!
Amature night at TVG.

Split screen...might as well use You Bet....the whole idea of races on TV is that you can actually SEE things.

TVG....hopelessly mis-managed by fools.:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

gIracing
06-02-2007, 05:36 PM
they just skipped a race that had dreamming of anna on it... i"m done with TVG for good. i'm that pissed.

I'll just catch the replay later tonight online

ranchwest
06-03-2007, 12:08 AM
So now they show split screen...AND both audios at the same time!
Amature night at TVG.

Split screen...might as well use You Bet....the whole idea of races on TV is that you can actually SEE things.

TVG....hopelessly mis-managed by fools.:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

What, you don't have a 136" TV? :lol:

GaryG
06-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Post time at Mth....4 min to Hol and 5 min to Bel. Not even a split screen. Going on about Simon's bleeping pick 4 and showing replays. Then the Hol pp and race. I just got the result from the computer. Sons of bitches...I hate em. And I had the winner. Would hate em even more otherwide...Grrrr!!!

KingChas
06-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Gotta agree with ya Gary.Nothing like TVG overanalizing a 4 horse field at
Hollywood for ten minutes.Simon singles the sure thing.The 1/5 stop dead in the stretch :D Missed watching Haddie win at Monmouth.Also had a bet on her.They showed the results on bottom of screen before they even replayed the race.Sad indeed!

Tom
06-03-2007, 09:19 PM
What, you don't have a 136" TV? :lol:

Wouldn't that be considered a......Drive In?;)

BillW
06-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Wouldn't that be considered a......Drive In?;)

ONLY if your handicapping is steaming up the windows! :eek:

Valuist
06-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Gotta agree with ya Gary.Nothing like TVG overanalizing a 4 horse field at
Hollywood for ten minutes.Simon singles the sure thing.The 1/5 stop dead in the stretch :D Missed watching Haddie win at Monmouth.Also had a bet on her.They showed the results on bottom of screen before they even replayed the race.Sad indeed!

This is not an exaggeration. It was hard to believe they stayed with the 4 horse field at Hol with 4 min to go while Monmouth was running a stake. When you think they've hit bottom, they do something even more stupid.

gIracing
06-03-2007, 10:27 PM
then why do they show "the sarge" jumping his fat tub o lard ass around when he did what he is paid to do... correctly handicap a pick 4. One out of 20-25 that might have paid doulbe what he paid for the ticket.

I watched, at the same time he was jumping up and down Arron (i'm not going to f up his last name) and Peter Laurie on HRTV... Thoose two together might be the best combo as far as handicapping I've seen. I made a quick 40 bucks just listening to their insight on races I had no intentions of playing at Golden Gate and Louisiana downs. They know their crap, they know how to manage money, they know when to single a fav, when to play, when NOT to play, etc.

HRTV might have a lower budget, but all of their on air talent... actually has some talent.

AngelEyes
06-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Monmouth race 8 at gate and the idiots talking about B.S. All time worst coverage possible. Should learn from HPI how to run a program. Show races first talk second. Unbelievable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AngelEyes
06-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Monmouth Race 9 : Commercial while race goes off. When they return race is shown without any indication that it is tape delayed. What a joke. Rarely ever happens with HPI (not always happy with tracks they decide to cover) .

fouroneone
06-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Channel 71 here in nyc has gotten MUCH better with their coverage over the last 6 months. wonder what is up with them.

gIracing
06-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I will admit.. I'm kinda fond of TVG on Monday's and Tuesdays.. i work from home so I'm here most of the day... it' helps the time go by. It's like a Television Horse Racing 6 hour Talk show. I don't bet any of the tracks (execpt Calder, but won't until they go to HRTV) so i't stricly entertainment purposes only

toddtontv
06-06-2007, 09:25 PM
then why do they show "the sarge" jumping his fat tub o lard ass around when he did what he is paid to do... correctly handicap a pick 4. One out of 20-25 that might have paid doulbe what he paid for the ticket.

I watched, at the same time he was jumping up and down Arron (i'm not going to f up his last name) and Peter Laurie on HRTV... Thoose two together might be the best combo as far as handicapping I've seen. I made a quick 40 bucks just listening to their insight on races I had no intentions of playing at Golden Gate and Louisiana downs. They know their crap, they know how to manage money, they know when to single a fav, when to play, when NOT to play, etc.

HRTV might have a lower budget, but all of their on air talent... actually has some talent.

Somethings in life nobody knows for sure, but if I were a betting man, I know that tub of Lard "The Sarge" is and always will be a better capper then you!

gIracing
06-06-2007, 09:49 PM
you think that. If it's one thing I would know it's you must a pretty dumbass to make a statement about someone you don't even know

toddtontv
06-06-2007, 10:29 PM
you think that. If it's one thing I would know it's you must a pretty dumbass to make a statement about someone you don't even know
it's simple. you complain, about the programing alllllllllllllllllllll the time, The sarge hits a pick four, and you complain, so why don't you post a pick four on this forum for 48 dollars until you hit one, I guessing the over and under on that would be three months, so instead of complaining put your picks on here for all the forum to see everyday, and prove me wrong, in fact if you can hit one at hollywood in less then a week, I won't post here anymore.so here is your chance to prove me wrong. 48 dollar, pick four, just like the sarge!

Tom
06-06-2007, 10:57 PM
I must have missed your pics.

toddtontv
06-06-2007, 11:08 PM
I must have missed your pics.
Gee, don't think I was ripping the Sarge, did I miss somthing?

Light
06-07-2007, 12:26 AM
For some strange reason (lunch I think), I watched TVG!. I saw the sarge's 3 pk4's and I was impressed with him winning 2 of them even though they were modest to small.Did a doubletake on his pick in the last at Belmont(allmost got whiplash),when he caught my pick paying $17.A moment of silence please.My jaw dropped.The whole TVG crew needs to be taken to dinner for a celebration. It is rare indeed that anyone on TVG picks a double digit paying horse as they are mostly chalk eating weasels.

NoCal Boy
06-07-2007, 12:42 AM
I am a Youbet customer, but I like TVG's coverage of the major tracks. Of course, they will be a different animal soon enough as more of the excluivities run out. However, I think they are getting Yonkers as an exclusive according to their website.

NoCal Boy
06-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Does Todd Schrup post here?

Hajck Hillstrom
06-07-2007, 02:43 AM
Does Todd Schrup post here?No, though he has been invited to do so.

DrugS
06-07-2007, 03:03 AM
Did you offer the same invitation to Roger Stein?

An internet message board cage match between "WideGuyRog" and "Todd Schmuck" might be worthy of Pay-Per-View.

kingfin66
06-07-2007, 06:47 PM

By making statements of a very personal nature about those at TVG (making comments about people's weight is very personal and demeaning), aren't you acually doing the same thing of which you accuse toddtontv?

GaryG
06-07-2007, 06:59 PM
I can't believe that many even pay attention to the talking heads with the P4s, P6s etc. I just want to see the video feed of the race and the post parade if possible. As I have said, were it not for the mute button I would have put a 12 gauge blast into my TV long ago. Now, Jeff Siegel on HRTV is a different story.

Light
06-07-2007, 08:28 PM
The Sarge is hot right now. He caught another pk4 @ Bel today paying $597. If you look at his other picks you can see he is clicking even if he doesnt bag the pk4. For example he gave out a double @AP today and allthough he missed it,one leg he hit paid $39.60 and his horse ran 2nd in the other leg. This is the kind of play you expect to see from good handicappers. I have been checking the other dudes too and they still cant hit the side of a barn.

As far as using TVG for watching races live, I learned my lesson long ago. The only tracks you can count on seeing live race by race are NY and So Cal. Otherwise forget about it.

JustRalph
06-08-2007, 12:11 AM
yeah, but he sure can't salute worth a shit........... :lol:

blind squirrel
06-08-2007, 12:28 AM
I can't believe that many even pay attention to the talking heads with the P4s, P6s etc. I just want to see the video feed of the race and the post parade if possible. As I have said, were it not for the mute button I would have put a 12 gauge blast into my TV long ago. Now, Jeff Siegel on HRTV is a different story.
yeah,JEFF SEIGEL is great....this is my first experience with HRTV{after
TVG dropped CD}.he gives a cold analysis of a race,and assumes you've looked at the form before.

pressman
06-08-2007, 06:13 AM

He had the late pick-4 at Belmont Thursday paying $597 for a $48 ticket and also a $38 winner at Ap

pressman
06-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Another one for TVG today Vic Stauffer picked the early pick-4 at Belmont $502 for a $48 ticket not to shabby....................

PaceAdvantage
06-08-2007, 05:53 PM
I don't think there's been much if any criticism on this board towards Vic S. as an on-air handicapper. He's one of the ones I pay attention to when he's on TVG.

Congrats on the excellent score Vic!

ranchwest
06-08-2007, 06:15 PM
For me, the problem is not whether the people on the air can pick P4's. The problem is the excessive emphasis on P4's and other talk. There's a lot of people who aren't interested. It would be interesting to see a poll as to whether people want to see the horses on the screen or something else.

There's just way too much talk and far too little video of the horses. Put the talker on audio and if you have to show his/her picture then show it in a little box in the corner of the screen.

The only person I need to know what he/she looks like is Joann Jones. :)

GaryG
06-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Did they bag that split screen? It was better than nothing. I am sorry I cussed it at the time.

o_crunk
06-08-2007, 06:54 PM
For me, the problem is not whether the people on the air can pick P4's. The problem is the excessive emphasis on P4's and other talk. There's a lot of people who aren't interested. It would be interesting to see a poll as to whether people want to see the horses on the screen or something else.

There's just way too much talk and far too little video of the horses. Put the talker on audio and if you have to show his/her picture then show it in a little box in the corner of the screen.

The only person I need to know what he/she looks like is Joann Jones. :)

well put. i agree. i actually was up last weekend, way too late and drunk, watching a race from japan (daiwa major) and the camera was just following the horses around in the paddock with the on-air crew just commenting on each horse very thoroughly. a real nice contrast to the way tvg normally would cover a race stateside.

my main beef is not that these guys are good cappers or not....i just don't care what they think and i sure don't need to see their faces in the studio when there's more than enough racing going on to be covered.

toddtontv
06-08-2007, 08:45 PM
This is just a guess on my part, but maybe, just maybe, TVG covers the pick four, because it drives the handle, and maybe, just maybe, they have done research to prove that, Just maybe!

chickenhead
06-08-2007, 09:15 PM
This is just a guess on my part, but maybe, just maybe, TVG covers the pick four, because it drives the handle, and maybe, just maybe, they have done research to prove that, Just maybe!

Who cares? Is my knowing that supposed to make it more enjoyable to watch?

GaryG
06-08-2007, 09:15 PM
I will be glad when the CD tracks are on HRTV....just the rats left on the sinking ship.

toddtontv
06-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Who cares? Is my knowing that supposed to make it more enjoyable to watch?
No but who cares if you watch, or don't watch? you probably don't play pick fours, soooooooooo, your probably not there target market, when the cover pick fours,hope that makes you feel better.

toddtontv
06-08-2007, 09:39 PM
I will be glad when the CD tracks are on HRTV....just the rats left on the sinking ship.
sinking ship? you think that the loss of Calder, and Arlington is going to matter, check there handle lately? TVG is still doing more then the other ADW's combined, HRTV is bleeding money, check the article on Review Journal in Kentucky, so how about a good old rebel yell for HRTV, and it's sinking ship.

chickenhead
06-08-2007, 09:45 PM
No but who cares if you watch, or don't watch?

Not TVG, apparently. That's why there are threads called "This is why I don't watch TVG"

you probably don't play pick fours

that is rich. I would never bet a nickle with TVG, I guess that is the real problem?

gIracing
06-08-2007, 09:52 PM
sinking ship? you think that the loss of Calder, and Arlington is going to matter, check there handle lately? TVG is still doing more then the other ADW's combined, HRTV is bleeding money, check the article on Review Journal in Kentucky, so how about a good old rebel yell for HRTV, and it's sinking ship.

Calder, Arlington and Fair Grounds... I don't watchTVG NOW... they are putting all their eggs in one basket (NYRA)

gIracing
06-08-2007, 09:54 PM
He had the late pick-4 at Belmont Thursday paying $597 for a $48 ticket and also a $38 winner at Ap

or he could have found a 10 to one shot he really liked and singled it and made more money. 597 for a 48 ticket is not worth the risk. that's about 11ish to 1

toddtontv
06-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Not TVG, apparently. That's why there are threads called "This is why I don't watch TVG"

that is rich. I would never bet a nickle with TVG, I guess that is the real problem?

wow, and since there still the number one ADW, you not betting your nickels doesn't matter, apparently bigger bets then your nickels are sending it in, and since your betting with another ADW, why not watch the race on there channel.oh I forgot they don't have one, enjoy the video stream, and of course that bleeding money channel.

chickenhead
06-08-2007, 10:03 PM
wow, and since there still the number one ADW, you not betting your nickels doesn't matter, apparently bigger bets then your nickels are sending it in, and since your betting with another ADW, why not watch the race on there channel.oh I forgot they don't have one, enjoy the video stream, and of course that bleeding money channel.

I have to say my man, you are the absolute worst representative they could hope for. But I guess it would take someone with your personality to actually be a fanboy of TVG. I find it amazingly remarkable that they even have a fan boy, but once the shock of that wore off...I did not find it too surprising that you were a little prick. I mean really, what else could you be?

chickenhead
06-08-2007, 10:10 PM
the funny thing about what you said, is of course I'd love to watch the races on TVG, THAT IS THE PROBLEM. THEY DON'T SHOW THE RACES. It's not like TVG is an alternative to the video feeds...the video feeds are the only place where the races are available.

That is the root of every single complaint made in this thread.

toddtontv
06-08-2007, 10:31 PM
there it is,when you can't win the conversation, you turn to name calling, nice! you just made my point, just like in this thread, when the sarge hit's a pick four, He is a lard ass, or it's not big enough, the list goes on, and on,and on, complain, complain, all we want is the races like we are at some track, Good Luck to ya!

o_crunk
06-08-2007, 10:36 PM
(removed blah, blah blah content)...all we want is the races like we are at some track, Good Luck to ya!

well, duh! isn't that what the whole effing point is? :bang::bang::bang: i mean C'MON MANG!

bigmack
06-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Another one for TVG today Vic Stauffer picked the early pick-4 at Belmont $502 for a $48 ticket not to shabby....................
Well done VJ.

Hey, whatever happened to Rick Baedeker?

toddtontv
06-08-2007, 10:45 PM
well, duh! isn't that what the whole effing point is? :bang::bang::bang: i mean C'MON MANG!
Hey,I think you got something here, no it's not the point, and if it was, they won't be the number one ADW,:bang: so what's your point again?

o_crunk
06-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Hey,I think you got something here, no it's not the point, and if it was, they won't be the number one ADW,:bang: so what's your point again?

the point is to show as many live races as possible and to replay the ones missed in a timely manner. i don't expect you to get this point 100 replies deep after you didn't even acknowledge the overwhelming, reasoned criticism the first couple times. it's like everything else in racing these days....

toddtontv
06-08-2007, 11:26 PM
the point is to show as many live races as possible and to replay the ones missed in a timely manner. i don't expect you to get this point 100 replies deep after you didn't even acknowledge the overwhelming, reasoned criticism the first couple times. it's like everything else in racing these days....

reasoned critcism! please from three bias TVG haters, that have for the most part kept this thread going, you call name calling, reasoned critcism, show the split screen, no wait don't, seeeeeee, they could cut out all there programing, and someone would still complain about Arlington not getting enough airtime because of Hollywood, and the answer to that is, well,it's called exclusive, the next time you watch the Super bowl try watching it on ABC,CBS,NBC, ESPN, and of course not even a half time show,so please no more of your reasoned critcism, I afraid if the sarge found out someone called him, a lard ass, or something else, he might take it personnal and call that person out like he did on another forum.

joeyreb
06-08-2007, 11:28 PM

I wished Lone Star wasn't a MEC track and was on TVG. Lone Star's Thursday & Friday night racing works better there. If you look at Lone Star's Friday night off track handle, it barely avg's less than Sat.'s off track handle.

one of Lone Star's largest off track handle of the year was the Friday night Hollywood had huge Pk 6 carryover. So people playing Hollywood Friday night are playing Lone Star too.

chickenhead
06-09-2007, 12:11 AM

TToTV keeps drumming this point in...TVG is not a horseracing network, it's a come-on to get you to join TVG.com. It's a paid advertisement. Who cares if you don't like the insane p4 coverage, it brings in the dough to tvg.com. TVG is specifically crafted to appeal to people stupid enough to pay for the privilege of betting.

I think that pretty much explains it all.

PaceAdvantage
06-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Perhaps they concentrate on the Pick4 because it is a wager that is good for THEM financially, and it also provides a lot of bang for the buck for the wagering consumer. In other words, it's hittable (unlike a Pick6) and it usually pays well.

As for TVG the network, I think they get more than their fair share of criticism, here and elsewhere. I am fortunate enough to be able to watch almost every single day and if I had my choice of no TVG or TVG, I certainly wouldn't be silly enough to say "No TVG for me please!"

chickenhead
06-09-2007, 12:25 AM
I pretty much agree, I've never been a big TVG hater. I just find this Todd guy completely unbearable.

If I thought he was actually related to Todd, I would mail TVG my cancellation notice stapled to a printout of his posts here. And the paper might have some sort of foulness on it as well.

toddtontv
06-09-2007, 12:44 AM
TToTV keeps drumming this point in...TVG is not a horseracing network, it's a come-on to get you to join TVG.com. It's a paid advertisement. Who cares if you don't like the insane p4 coverage, it brings in the dough to tvg.com. TVG is specifically crafted to appeal to people stupid enough to pay for the privilege of betting.

I think that pretty much explains it all.

that's it, five nickels makes a twenty five cent per wager, and you won't bet a nickel, I think that pretty much explains it all. of course you can always go to Del mar and sit on the freeway, and spend 30 dollars before you ever make a bet, I see the appeal for stupid people, ( there goes that name calling again) enough to pay for the privilege of betting, what the heck is wrong with this stupid people!

ranchwest
06-09-2007, 12:54 AM

So, you'd rather temporarily drive the handle and long-term drive away viewers?

Todd, you're just as obnoxious on here as you are on TV.

kingfin66
06-09-2007, 01:01 AM
I pretty much agree, I've never been a big TVG hater. I just find this Todd guy completely unbearable.

If I thought he was actually related to Todd, I would mail TVG my cancellation notice stapled to a printout of his posts here. And the paper might have some sort of foulness on it as well.

Then you better hit the print button and address your envelope. toddontv is Mr. Schrupp. How do I know? Todd must have received numerous e-mails because last week on Japan racing he confirmed that it is his father posting on the Internet.

The thing is, while Mr. Schrupp has an obvious personal interest in the folks at TVG, it is also true that the people on this board bash TVG (and other things) for sport. Mr. Schrupp is particularly correct when he notes that people will be unhappy no matter what TVG does.

chickenhead
06-09-2007, 01:33 AM
Then you better hit the print button and address your envelope. toddontv is Mr. Schrupp. How do I know? Todd must have received numerous e-mails because last week on Japan racing he confirmed that it is his father posting on the Internet.

The thing is, while Mr. Schrupp has an obvious personal interest in the folks at TVG, it is also true that the people on this board bash TVG (and other things) for sport. Mr. Schrupp is particularly correct when he notes that people will be unhappy no matter what TVG does.

Honestly, I don't want to support any organization that gives validation to the types of posts this guy has made on their behalf.

ranchwest
06-09-2007, 02:01 AM
Perhaps they concentrate on the Pick4 because it is a wager that is good for THEM financially, and it also provides a lot of bang for the buck for the wagering consumer. In other words, it's hittable (unlike a Pick6) and it usually pays well.

As for TVG the network, I think they get more than their fair share of criticism, here and elsewhere. I am fortunate enough to be able to watch almost every single day and if I had my choice of no TVG or TVG, I certainly wouldn't be silly enough to say "No TVG for me please!"

Earl Long was once running for Governor of Louisiana against Sam Jones. Jones got in a car accident and Long quit the campaign to visit Jones in the hospital. He told Jones that he needed to get out of the hospital or they might put a good man in the race and beat them both.

That's the way I feel about TVG and HRTV.

GaryG
06-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Honestly, I don't want to support any organization that gives validation to the types of posts this guy has made on their behalf.I certainly hope nobody on this board bets through TVG. That I can't imagine. They are really one extented infomercial for their interactive betting. I love Monmouth but watching TVG is just too much of a chore. I will just stick to the HRTV tracks or watch on the computer.

KingChas
06-09-2007, 08:39 AM

I'll second that motion! :ThmbUp:

They certainly don't upset me as much as they do some on this forum.Never have been swayed by their picks, enjoy competing with them to see how I fair.The hosts on TVG are unique,just like some of the people I see and meet at the track.And some posters here.
No Difference. ;)

Tom
06-09-2007, 10:06 AM

Guess all that research told them to focus on Matt's ice cream cone instead of racing during opening week at Keenland, huh? Heady stuff. That auidence should be ready to bet in about 15 years. :lol:

BTW, if you watch TVG, then you should not be posting in this thread - you are OFF TOPIC.

GaryG
06-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Guess all that research told them to focus on Matt's ice cream cone instead of racing during opening week at Keenland, huh? Heady stuff. That auidence should be ready to bet in about 15 years. :lol:

BTW, if you watch TVG, then you should not be posting in this thread - you are OFF TOPIC.About the lowest point was at Pomona a few years back when Corey Black was with them. They had Black, Matt and some other yoyo on track and at one point they started singing. There was a race running at the time...:lol: :lol: :lol:

KingChas
06-09-2007, 10:25 AM
BTW, if you watch TVG, then you should not be posting in this thread - you are OFF TOPIC.

:faint: Yea Tom you seem to know a hell of a lot about it for not watching it.
Who tells you about it the little "birdie"? :rolleyes:

Tom
06-09-2007, 11:14 AM
When I have it on, I turn off the sound. After several years, I am fairly confident nothing of any intelligence will ever be uttered by the talking heads.
Bottom line, I tend to play more HRTV tracks by design nowadays. Even track TVG covers get little coverage. I would not miss TVG if it went away. They are inferior to YouBet, even with the teeny screen on the internet.

toddtontv
06-09-2007, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=Tom]When I have it on, I turn off the sound. After several years, I am fairly confident nothing of any intelligence will ever be uttered by the talking heads.
Bottom line, I tend to play more HRTV tracks by design nowadays. Even track TVG covers get little coverage. I would not miss TVG if it went away. They are inferior to YouBet, even with the teeny screen on the internet.[/QUOTE

I see what your saying, like the pick four that sarge gave out last night at Hollwood,and won, those stupid talking heads, hey wasn't that a rock band?

freehouse2002
06-09-2007, 02:37 PM
What I don't understand is why todd is getting all bent out of shape. So what if the Sarge, VJS, or anyone else for that matter gives out a winning p4 wager. I'd like to think that most on here don't even follow the picks that are given. Everyone plays what THEY like, not what someone else is playing. Sure, we can use their picks as insight, but I personally don't like to just blindly bet what someone else puts up. Plus, they seem to have an orgasmic reaction any time one of them wins. Again, what's the point??

I like having TVG to watch races, not to hear what these guys have to say. They really like patting themselves on the back when they get a winner. To me HRTV is better. They more or less cut to the chase and show you the races.

freehouse2002

GaryG
06-09-2007, 03:17 PM
What I don't understand is why todd is getting all bent out of shape. So what if the Sarge, VJS, or anyone else for that matter gives out a winning p4 wager. I'd like to think that most on here don't even follow the picks that are given. Everyone plays what THEY like, not what someone else is playing. Sure, we can use their picks as insight, but I personally don't like to just blindly bet what someone else puts up. Plus, they seem to have an orgasmic reaction any time one of them wins. Again, what's the point??

I like having TVG to watch races, not to hear what these guys have to say. They really like patting themselves on the back when they get a winner. To me HRTV is better. They more or less cut to the chase and show you the races.

freehouse2002I finally realized that their raison d'etre is to shill for the betting $. Showing the races is secondary, unlike at HRTV where it is the main object. I don't think the talking heads mean to be as obnoxious as they are, I think they are being "entertaining" :rolleyes:

Tom
06-09-2007, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=Tom]When I have it on, I turn off the sound. After several years, I am fairly confident nothing of any intelligence will ever be uttered by the talking heads.
Bottom line, I tend to play more HRTV tracks by design nowadays. Even track TVG covers get little coverage. I would not miss TVG if it went away. They are inferior to YouBet, even with the teeny screen on the internet.[/QUOTE

I see what your saying, like the pick four that sarge gave out last night at Hollwood,and won, those stupid talking heads, hey wasn't that a rock band?

Whoop-de-doo-doo-dee!
Ole Sarge hits one.
Who but a fool would play someone else's pick 4?

And put Sarge's brilliant pick in context, Toddy - how much are you behind if you bet everyone of his pics every day? Do theses GREAT handciapperskeep score - can I look up all thier records for the last year?
If not, then you are talking up garbage.

Did you used to belong to the Monkees Fan Club?

garyoz
06-09-2007, 04:25 PM
I finally realized that their raison d'etre is to shill for the betting $. Showing the races is secondary, unlike at HRTV where it is the main object. I don't think the talking heads mean to be as obnoxious as they are, I think they are being "entertaining" :rolleyes:

Both networks are dependent upon betting handle to pay the bills. They sure don't make much from advertising or leasing the channel to infomercials during off hours. That is why I don't hold the shilling against them. Plus I'd rather hear handicapping views than human interest stories.

joeyreb
06-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Showing the races is secondary, unlike at HRTV where it is the main object." :rolleyes:

Really, out of the 9 weeks of the Lone Star Meet... Only Two weeks of the 9 weeks, HRTV hasn't ran a re-run on top over live racing at Lone Star on Thursday & Friday nights. Lone Star runs Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

38% of the meet you've missed combination of Races 1-4 for programing they could have replayed anytime....

So, at HRTV live racing isn't the priority there

Valuist
06-09-2007, 08:52 PM
They were really something today:

"Speed favoring track, speed favoring track". Thats all they talked about.

So what happens 10 minutes later? Teufelsberg comes from dead last, then a 3-5 shot on a clear lead gets run down, and Rags to Riches comes from well off the pace despite crawlfest fractions. In the words of the Guinness ad, "brilliant" work, TVG.

toddtontv
06-09-2007, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=toddtontv]

Whoop-de-doo-doo-dee!
Ole Sarge hits one.
Who but a fool would play someone else's pick 4?

And put Sarge's brilliant pick in context, Toddy - how much are you behind if you bet everyone of his pics every day? Do theses GREAT handciapperskeep score - can I look up all thier records for the last year?
If not, then you are talking up garbage.

Did you used to belong to the Monkees Fan Club?

Tom
06-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Speechless? :lol:

chickenhead
06-09-2007, 09:31 PM
that was his best post to date

toddtontv
06-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Speechless? :lol:
it's simple Tommy,I think your a jerk, and you don't like me, so let's settle this, this coming week at Belmont, your home town track, I like a horse called Joe Talamo in the second, you can have two other horses in the race, any two, if you beat me, I will never post on this forum again, but if you lose the same goes for you, never post again. you talk the talk, let's see if you can walk the walk, or should that avater be a chicken?

toddtontv
06-09-2007, 09:48 PM
that was his best post to date
same goes for you chicken head, same horse, same race, you get any two, or are you going to live up to your name?

toddtontv
06-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Joe talamo is the jockey, but of course I know with all your knowledge you would know that, still waiting for your reply.

chickenhead
06-09-2007, 10:04 PM
I'll take your original offer. If Joe Talamo can beat a horse I pick in a foot race, I'll leave. :lol:

toddtontv
06-09-2007, 10:15 PM
I'll take your original offer. If Joe Talamo can beat a horse I pick in a foot race, I'll leave. :lol:
your a chicken !

toddtontv
06-09-2007, 10:19 PM
then again, I knew your answer before the post, without this forum, you don't have a life, and it would be to great of risk, besides you might have to read the racing form.

speedking
06-09-2007, 10:29 PM
it's simple Tommy,I think your a jerk, and you don't like me, so let's settle this, this coming week at Belmont, your home town track, I like a horse called Joe Talamo in the second, you can have two other horses in the race, any two, if you beat me, I will never post on this forum again, but if you lose the same goes for you, never post again. you talk the talk, let's see if you can walk the walk, or should that avater be a chicken?

Let's see...Tom has 21,000+ posts on this board and has been a member since 2001. Chickenhead has 3,000 posts and has been a member since 2004.

whomeveryouare has 37 posts and been a member for about a month....Yet you have the audacity to dare these gentlemen to some ambiguous challenge in which you essentially set all the terms, including first crack at picking the winner of some race???

You are entitled to have your own views and perceptions, misguided as they be, but what are you proposing goes beyond ludicrous! If you can't take the heat and respond in a civil, sensible and responsible manner to your many critics; perhaps you should take this opportunity to retreat back into your kaleidoscopic world of TVG and continue to embrace their product through your rose colored glasses.

speedking

toddtontv
06-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Let's see...Tom has 21,000+ posts on this board and has been a member since 2001. Chickenhead has 3,000 posts and has been a member since 2004.

whomeveryouare has 37 posts and been a member for about a month....Yet you have the audacity to dare these gentlemen to some ambiguous challenge in which you essentially set all the terms, including first crack at picking the winner of some race???

You are entitled to have your own views and perceptions, misguided as they be, but what are you proposing goes beyond ludicrous! If you can't take the heat and respond in a civil, sensible and responsible manner to your many critics; perhaps you should take this opportunity to retreat back into your kaleidoscopic world of TVG and continue to embrace their product through your rose colored glasses.

speedking here it goes again, it's the number of post a person has on this forum, nice! I picked a horse and they got the whole field, just because they have all those posts.

Tom
06-09-2007, 10:36 PM

Me too. Me too, :lol::lol::lol:

toddtontv
06-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Me too. Me too, :lol::lol::lol:
your a man amongest men, Tommy,boy, you and your 21,000 thousand post.

speedking
06-09-2007, 11:02 PM
here it goes again, it's the number of post a person has on this forum, nice! I picked a horse and they got the whole field, just because they have all those posts.

Even to a novice like you, longevity and the amount of posts a member has amassed should mean something. I don't know chickenhead that well, but respect his tenure and Tom has earned my respect through his posts and skills.

To learn more about respect or skill, go to www.webster.com. As a shill for TVG I'm sure you have no clue as to the meaning of either word!

speedking

toddtontv
06-09-2007, 11:06 PM

speedking
hey Speedking, you have less then 500 posts, maybe you want to have a contest, with a name like Speedking, you must be some kind of capper, and since you only have less then 500 posts, we could play for a month of not posting, na, your name scares me, that speed and fade thing!

JustRalph
06-09-2007, 11:37 PM
I think somebody needs their ticket punched? PA........???????

toddtontv
06-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Bush ?

ranchwest
06-10-2007, 01:06 AM
hey Speedking, you have less then 500 posts, maybe you want to have a contest, with a name like Speedking, you must be some kind of capper, and since you only have less then 500 posts, we could play for a month of not posting, na, your name scares me, that speed and fade thing!

Todd, you just bit off more than you can chew.

Speedking was in PA's Inner Dirt Pick 4 contest this winter. He finished second. You owe him an apology. I know it won't come, but you owe him one anyway.

Also, IIRC, Speedking may have won another contest.

So, Speedking is very well-respected and rightfully so.

Todd, respect, that's something you need to learn.

Tom
06-10-2007, 01:40 AM
There was that maiden contest....:p

ranchwest
06-10-2007, 02:02 AM
There was that maiden contest....:p

Thanks, that's the one.

kingfin66
06-10-2007, 03:01 AM

What has he done to get his ticket punched? Disagree. He may not be right about everything, but he sure isn't wrong about everything either. He certainly has a compelling reason to defend TVG. People do a lot more around here and don't get kicked off. My only request would that toddtontv not restrict himself to TVG bashing threads and get into some discussion of horse racing. He doesn't deserve to be booted at all.

JustRalph
06-10-2007, 03:09 AM
What has he done to get his ticket punched? Disagree. He may not be right about everything, but he sure isn't wrong about everything either. He certainly has a compelling reason to defend TVG. People do a lot more around here and don't get kicked off. My only request would that toddtontv not restrict himself to TVG bashing threads and get into some discussion of horse racing. He doesn't deserve to be booted at all.

I didn't say he needed to be booted. I said he needed his ticket punched................you ever get your ticket punched on a bus trip or train trip? After each time you get off, or after certain stops.....your ticket gets punched so many times and then you can't ride anymore? Get it......?

kingfin66
06-10-2007, 04:01 AM
No, I guess I don't get it. Why even suggest that he get his ticket punched? I'm sure PA can moderate his own board. He has already been in this thread and posted in it. Rather than issue so much as a warning to toddt, he instead lent his usual voice of reason. Rather than call for someone's ticket to be punched or whatever you are hoping to happen (I still am not sure I get it), maybe we can lend some objectivity to the thread.

For example, I believe it is a valid criticism that TVG does not focus on live races. That said, today they actually did try to show races live and did pretty well. I hope there is more of this in the future.

I do not always believe that TVG understands who their true audience is. I do know, however, that it must extend far beyond those who post here at Pace Advantage. When the analysts are giving out their picks, they are probably not gearing it toward the astute Pace Advantageer. I'll bet there are plenty of people who do like the fact that they give out picks and do play them. I would also be willing to bet that TVG knows who many tickets are bet that match their analysts selections.

I do not think it is right that bettors have to pay $0.25/wager, up to $19.95/month to bet on horse races. Of course, bettors alwasy have a choice (less and less choice lately, but still some choice) to use an alternate ADW.

The music played on Mondays and Tuesdays, or any time there is no host is very obnoxious....much more obnoxious than any host could possibly be.

I think that the majority of the analysts on TVG are top notch. I do think that Matt Carrothers can be obnoxious, and I think that his "Speed and Fade" thing is ridiculous and not a standalone angle. I am sure that he is a great guy off the set, but the whole :58 flat thing wears on me.

When I look collectively at the talent at TVG, I am actually amazed. It is very hard to find people who are both knowledgeable about racing and who can work in front of a camera. Obviously, taste comes into play when one is deciding what announcers they like or don't like. To make a blanket statement and say that you always turn the sound off, or hate all of the announcers is hard to believe.

Christina Olivares is H-O-T. The camera loves her and she keeps improving her delivery and is obviously getting more and more comfortable in her duties.

The change in tracks, losing Churchill and soon others, is terrible. It may not be for TVG if their handle figures have remained nearly the same, but it is horrible for the fans of racing.

ranchwest
06-10-2007, 04:02 AM

Yeah, I agree. This board would be a good place for him to get started talking about horses.

ranchwest
06-10-2007, 04:13 AM
No, I guess I don't get it. Why even suggest that he get his ticket punched? I'm sure PA can moderate his own board. He has already been in this thread and posted in it. Rather than issue so much as a warning to toddt, he instead lent his usual voice of reason. Rather than call for someone's ticket to be punched or whatever you are hoping to happen (I still am not sure I get it), maybe we can lend some objectivity to the thread.

For example, I believe it is a valid criticism that TVG does not focus on live races. That said, today they actually did try to show races live and did pretty well. I hope there is more of this in the future.

I do not always believe that TVG understands who their true audience is. I do know, however, that it must extend far beyond those who post here at Pace Advantage. When the analysts are giving out their picks, they are probably not gearing it toward the astute Pace Advantageer. I'll bet there are plenty of people who do like the fact that they give out picks and do play them. I would also be willing to bet that TVG knows who many tickets are bet that match their analysts selections.

I do not think it is right that bettors have to pay $0.25/wager, up to $19.95/month to bet on horse races. Of course, bettors alwasy have a choice (less and less choice lately, but still some choice) to use an alternate ADW.

The music played on Mondays and Tuesdays, or any time there is no host is very obnoxious....much more obnoxious than any host could possibly be.

I think that the majority of the analysts on TVG are top notch. I do think that Matt Carrothers can be obnoxious, and I think that his "Speed and Fade" thing is ridiculous and not a standalone angle. I am sure that he is a great guy off the set, but the whole :58 flat thing wears on me.

When I look collectively at the talent at TVG, I am actually amazed. It is very hard to find people who are both knowledgeable about racing and who can work in front of a camera. Obviously, taste comes into play when one is deciding what announcers they like or don't like. To make a blanket statement and say that you always turn the sound off, or hate all of the announcers is hard to believe.

Christina Olivares is H-O-T. The camera loves her and she keeps improving her delivery and is obviously getting more and more comfortable in her duties.

The change in tracks, losing Churchill and soon others, is terrible. It may not be for TVG if their handle figures have remained nearly the same, but it is horrible for the fans of racing.

The knowledge level of the announcers is not the problem. It is the way the whole thing is put together.

If you'll notice, there are some shows that are much better than others. For instance, I think The Quarters is usually much better than the other shows. On The Quarters, they show the horses more than some shows. I'm not sure why the heck I'm watching quarters, but, hey....

There's one show that's on at an off-peak time, can't remember the host's name, but that show is better, too. Tall guy who reads emails and stuff.

JustRalph
06-10-2007, 10:22 AM
How else can I say it. Todd may have a valid message, but he is acting like a first class Prick. Btw, for the record........ I don't think this guy is related to Todd Schrupp. If he is Todd's father.......... I think he does his son a great disservice. I used to communicate with Todd Schrupp from time to time a few years back and he was a hell of a lot nicer than our resident Todd. No matter ToddonTv's message, he brings no credibility to it by acting like a total prick. He makes his son look bad (if he is related) and TVG looks even worse with this guy going around acting as their "Internet defender"

The fact that he acts like a prick on the board is no different than anybody else. Sometimes people should be called out. No matter who they are defending or whom their kid is and what Network he works for. I am not real fond of punching that little icon that reports messages to PA just so he can get a secret little complaint on someone. But come on? A gentle public nudge could have been taken as a hint? Would you have preferred that the vitriol factor just get further increased in the thread? I was trying to give the guy a public nudge toward being a little more "community oriented" but you're right. Not my place................

Ranch is right.........it ain't the personalities, it's the format and their insistent talk...........and HRTV is just as bad when it comes to talk.

toddtontv
06-10-2007, 12:16 PM
ok, for the record, I am Todd's father, but what I post, should have no reflection on him or TVG, It's my own opinion, I pretty sure this will be my last post on this forum,I only started because I felt that personnal attacks on there on air talent goes unchecked, the following is a list of quotes just from this thread, about TVG on air talent:

"what pathethic Losers"
"Airheads on TVG"
"hopelessly mis managed by Fools"
"Son of Bitches, I hate em "
" the sarge jumping his fat tub of lard ass"
"Idiots talkng about BS"
"Todd Schmuck"
"rats left on a sinking ship"
"nothing of intelligence will ever be uttered,"

How about the attacks on fans that take there picks:
" TVG is specifically to appeal to stupid poeple"
" only fools actually bet there picks"

I was told that this is "reasoned Critcism", really?

Then when some posters couldn't stand the heat, the attacks got personnal
" you must be a dumbass,"
" your a little prick"
" First class pricK" ( my fave, if your going to be something, at least be first class)

The last poster suggested I get band, and he really couldn't explain why, he turns to the name calling.

As, for my son, and the other on air talent, they care about horse racing and the sport as much, if not more then anyone on this forum, and deserve better then the name calling that happens on this forum and others, "Reasoned Critcism" is part of there job, however the name calling is not part of that!
The TVG programing is what it is, and will not make everyone happy, again just a guess on my part, it must be working in some sense in an industry that is trying to survive.

"Reasoned Critcism" of this board, I don't believe anyone should be allowed an avater that other people find offensive, it's not allowed on DMF, and shouldn't be here.

Good luck

Hajck Hillstrom
06-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Btw, for the record........ I don't think this guy is related to Todd Schrupp. In this case.... if your records were audited :eek:.... you would fail. :(

Carry on, Carry on,

Hajck

kingfin66
06-10-2007, 12:33 PM
As, for my son, and the other on air talent, they care about horse racing and the sport as much, if not more then anyone on this forum, and deserve better then the name calling that happens on this forum and others, "Reasoned Critcism" is part of there job, however the name calling is not part of that!

I totaly agree, and having met some of them on my trip to Del Mar a couple of years ago, I can say that they are true ambassadors of horse racing. Threads like this, with the unnecessary personal attacks, are why they will never post here.

46zilzal
06-10-2007, 12:41 PM
When I visited my family in S. Calif. I taped a day of TVG and sent it to my friends at HPI (Woodbine) and PLEADED to them to watch this a a great "bad example" of how NOT to show horse racing.

They got the point, loud and clear without my having to say a word. You don't talk DOWN to your audience.

o_crunk
06-10-2007, 12:43 PM
true that there is some serious trolling going on in this thread....but i see a lot of valid reasoned criticism also. i suppose it is easier to address the name calling with more name calling and just run-of-the-mill degenerate internet piss fighting....than to actually comment on those reasoned views.

i gave an opinion on the on-air talent. didn't call him a name (didn't even know his name BTW) and i was met with the rudest nonesense from toddontv...even went as far to get 'personal' with me without knowing one thing about me.

as the old saying goes...let he who is without sin...

you should look in the mirror my friend.

Tom
06-10-2007, 01:15 PM
I totaly agree, and having met some of them on my trip to Del Mar a couple of years ago, I can say that they are true ambassadors of horse racing. Threads like this, with the unnecessary personal attacks, are why they will never post here.

Ambassadors? :lol:
They are what is wrong with racing.

GaryG
06-10-2007, 01:23 PM
toddontv: I believe Tom asked this on another thread. I didn't see a response so I will ask it again: With all of the chest thumping about Sarge hitting a P4 I would like to know your long term ROI. Anyone, no matter how inept, can hit a winner occasionally. I have a feeling this won't get a response either, so let me make it a bit stronger: I am calling you out.

toddtontv
06-10-2007, 01:45 PM
toddontv: I believe Tom asked this on another thread. I didn't see a response so I will ask it again: With all of the chest thumping about Sarge hitting a P4 I would like to know your long term ROI. Anyone, no matter how inept, can hit a winner occasionally. I have a feeling this won't get a response either, so let me make it a bit stronger: I am calling you out.

Really, The Sarge hit a number of pick fours this week, not just one, as for my ROI, please they don't call me "Larry the Legend" for nothing, but since your calling me out, I have made a challenge to three different posters here, including your friend Tom, so for the last time, The second race at Belmont, on Wed. of next week, I have picked the horse that J Talamo is riding, you can have any two horse in the race, two against one, so you called me out, I not going to post here again, so post your two horses, study the form all week, and then if you win, you can wave that flag like you won the war!

GaryG
06-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Really, The Sarge hit a number of pick fours this week, not just one, as for my ROI, please they don't call me "Larry the Legend" for nothing, but since your calling me out, I have made a challenge to three different posters here, including your friend Tom, so for the last time, The second race at Belmont, on Wed. of next week, I have picked the horse that J Talamo is riding, you can have any two horse in the race, two against one, so you called me out, I not going to post here again, so post your two horses, study the form all week, and then if you win, you can wave that flag like you won the war!So....from this off the wall response I am assuming that the talking heads (not you in particular) have losing records from the picks that that they shill so shamelessly. Surprise surprise!

bigmack
06-10-2007, 02:10 PM
ok, for the record
Edina & San Diego? Sounds like a life I once lived.

http://www.tvg.com/Open/TVGNetwork/TVGHostsDetail.aspx?ID=13

ranchwest
06-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Really, The Sarge hit a number of pick fours this week, not just one, as for my ROI, please they don't call me "Larry the Legend" for nothing, but since your calling me out, I have made a challenge to three different posters here, including your friend Tom, so for the last time, The second race at Belmont, on Wed. of next week, I have picked the horse that J Talamo is riding, you can have any two horse in the race, two against one, so you called me out, I not going to post here again, so post your two horses, study the form all week, and then if you win, you can wave that flag like you won the war!

You pick yours and we get to pick from the rest? That's what's known as a con game.

Kelso
06-10-2007, 03:21 PM

Herewith, my nominee for best-reasoned and most literate post of the year. VERY nicely done, sir. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Kelso
06-10-2007, 03:41 PM
He certainly has a compelling reason to defend TVG.

Fin,
I don't agree that "Junior gets to be on fourth-rate TV" is a "compelling reason" for any worthy activity ... certainly not sufficiently compelling to justify imposing abject hucksterism and juvenile, boorish challenges upon people engaging in an otherwise reasonable exchange of opinions.

JMHO

JustRalph
06-10-2007, 03:59 PM
How in the hell can you jump into an Internet board like this and act like such a troll, after choosing a nick like"ToddtonTV" and then declare that anything you say shouldn't reflect on your son? One of the most visible faces of the game? Why not choose a different moniker and argue your points? If they are valid, they are valid........why attach Todd's name ?

This actually amazes me that you would act in such a manner. If you are going to jump into this kind of stuff and try like hell to defend TVG, why use your son's name? Btw, I actually like TVG most of the time. I took your attitude to be the real problem with the thread. Not the points you were trying to make. As many may remember here, a few years back I was corresponding regularily with some on air types at TVG and when I lived in California TVG provided me with press passes to local tracks. In fact I arranged for an on air appearance by a couple of members from this board.

You jumping in here with both feet and stomping on everybody who doesn't approve of TVG, and then raising hell about it and picking petty fights over some of the stuff really hurts your credibility. I will chalk it up to being unfamiliar with the Internet. This is the Internet, and this is how it works. Someplaces are better than others. Some are more established than others. This board is the best. Going after some members who have been around forever just because you don't agree with them, started you out on the wrong foot.

I hope you can maybe rehabilitate yourself around here. If you are Todd's father, I would think you have some real insight that might be valuable. But you sure as hell started out the wrong way........I don't care who your kid is...............no matter what you think this is a community........and just like the real neighborhoods in every town across America.............there are assholes on every corner. .......you can get along to a certain extent.......or you can pick out your own corner........guess which one you did? :ThmbDown:

linrom1
06-10-2007, 04:05 PM

I agree. TVG has revolutionized the sport of horse racing and has a loyal following. I am a fan who appreciates the wit and sarcasm of many of its on-air personalities.

While just about everything is wrong with the racing industry, TVG is not what's wrong with it. The sport has a minuscule following in public at large; but at least, TVG is putting on a show that can attract younger, and novice audience: something that none in this industry is doing anything about.

I support their attempt in making horse racing TV something that casual fans and TV surfers can also watch and not just a few handicappers.

TVG approach to introduce handicapping to general audience is also brilliant. They have elevated an obscure wager such as P-4 to the status of one of the most popular wagers, that can be understood by general public and professionals alike, because it does not emphasize and require years of handicapping experience to participate.

I am also very offended by the venomous personal attacks on this forum.

Tom
06-10-2007, 04:09 PM
I agree. TVG has revolutionized the sport of horse racing and has a loyal following.

If you mean taped delays, then yes, they have revolutionized the game.

GaryG
06-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Tom, I hope you caught Hollywood Matt and Surfer Jim discussing the Hol card. :lol: :lol:

Tom
06-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I watched reruns of Looney Tunes instead.
:cool:

bigmack
06-10-2007, 06:58 PM
I watched reruns of Looney Tunes instead.
:cool:
Yes, I believe that last line is: What's up Prune Face and Bing's horse finally comes in. SmellO'Vision hasn't taken though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blUTMp3vO5A

toddtontv
06-10-2007, 07:15 PM
How in the hell can you jump into an Internet board like this and act like such a troll, after choosing a nick like"ToddtonTV" and then declare that anything you say shouldn't reflect on your son? One of the most visible faces of the game? Why not choose a different moniker and argue your points? If they are valid, they are valid........why attach Todd's name ?

This actually amazes me that you would act in such a manner. If you are going to jump into this kind of stuff and try like hell to defend TVG, why use your son's name? Btw, I actually like TVG most of the time. I took your attitude to be the real problem with the thread. Not the points you were trying to make. As many may remember here, a few years back I was corresponding regularily with some on air types at TVG and when I lived in California TVG provided me with press passes to local tracks. In fact I arranged for an on air appearance by a couple of members from this board.

You jumping in here with both feet and stomping on everybody who doesn't approve of TVG, and then raising hell about it and picking petty fights over some of the stuff really hurts your credibility. I will chalk it up to being unfamiliar with the Internet. This is the Internet, and this is how it works. Someplaces are better than others. Some are more established than others. This board is the best. Going after some members who have been around forever just because you don't agree with them, started you out on the wrong foot.

I hope you can maybe rehabilitate yourself around here. If you are Todd's father, I would think you have some real insight that might be valuable. But you sure as hell started out the wrong way........I don't care who your kid is...............no matter what you think this is a community........and just like the real neighborhoods in every town across America.............there are assholes on every corner. .......you can get along to a certain extent.......or you can pick out your own corner........guess which one you did? :ThmbDown:

you amaze me! you get offended by my moniker, and not by a regular poster that has the rebel flag, you sir, are a criton. oh I forgot his is part of this wonderful community you speak of,might surprise you, but I don't want to be part of any community that lets things like that stand.

PaceAdvantage
06-10-2007, 07:26 PM
you amaze me! you get offended by my moniker, and not by a regular poster that has the rebel flag, you sir, are a criton. oh I forgot his is part of this wonderful community you speak of,might surprise you, but I don't want to be part of any community that lets things like that stand.

When Warner Brothers removes the Confederate Flag from the General Lee on the recently released DUKES OF HAZZARD movie, I will remove the Confederate Flag from this board.

If it's good enough for HOLLYWOOD and WARNER BROTHERS, it's good enough for me.

toddtontv being Mr. S's father, I can understand why he posts what he posts. I have previously stated that I believe TVG gets much more than its fair share of criticism on this board and elsewhere.

However, I also agree with JustRalph that toddtontv's attitude and posting manner doesn't help this thread to become any more civilized.

I guess it's about time this thread gets closed. Any last words gentlemen?

JustRalph
06-10-2007, 07:28 PM
you amaze me! you get offended by my moniker,

Wow! I am truly sorry that you cannot comprehend my previous post. I never once said I was offended by your moniker.

I can see there is no reason to continue this discussion. I am truly sorry. More than you know...........

toddtontv
06-10-2007, 07:55 PM
When Warner Brothers removes the Confederate Flag from the General Lee on the recently released DUKES OF HAZZARD movie, I will remove the Confederate Flag from this board.

If it's good enough for HOLLYWOOD and WARNER BROTHERS, it's good enough for me.

toddtontv being Mr. S's father, I can understand why he posts what he posts. I have previously stated that I believe TVG gets much more than its fair share of criticism on this board and elsewhere.

However, I also agree with JustRalph that toddtontv's attitude and posting manner doesn't help this thread to become any more civilized.

I guess it's about time this thread gets closed. Any last words gentlemen?
last word, I guess if you don't find anythng offensive about that flag, then you will never find any thing offensive about what has been said about on air TVG talent in this very Thread,as for my attitude, read my post,it's a double standard.
Good Luck

ranchwest
06-10-2007, 08:06 PM
last word, I guess if you don't find anythng offensive about that flag, then you will never find any thing offensive about what has been said about on air TVG talent in this very Thread,as for my attitude, read my post,it's a double standard.
Good Luck

I thought you promised to go away.

Greyfox
06-10-2007, 08:30 PM
you sir, are a criton. .

What's a criton? Will he be riding Talamo?

KingChas
06-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Mr Schrupp it was a pleasure meeting you.
We don't all feel the same way about TVG here.I like it.Maybe well converse again under kinder circumstances.
Guess none of these gents has children?I would stand up for mine also.It's a shame some posters had to gangb*ng you and others who happened to have differing opinions of TVG.

I find it amazing that some of these computer whizzes don't know how to delete a channel from their tv's if they don't wish to veiw it.
Good Luck to you! ;)

toddtontv
06-10-2007, 08:34 PM
I thought you promised to go away.
No GO BACK and read my post,I said "I am pretty sure," that is not a definitive,and one of your wonderful TVG hater poster called me out,sssooooo, here I am !

joeyreb
06-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I agree. TVG has revolutionized the sport of horse racing and has a loyal following. I am a fan who appreciates the wit and sarcasm of many of its on-air personalities.

While just about everything is wrong with the racing industry, TVG is not what's wrong with it. The sport has a minuscule following in public at large; but at least, TVG is putting on a show that can attract younger, and novice audience: something that none in this industry is doing anything about.

I support their attempt in making horse racing TV something that casual fans and TV surfers can also watch and not just a few handicappers.

TVG approach to introduce handicapping to general audience is also brilliant. They have elevated an obscure wager such as P-4 to the status of one of the most popular wagers, that can be understood by general public and professionals alike, because it does not emphasize and require years of handicapping experience to participate.

I am also very offended by the venomous personal attacks on this forum.

I agree totally with your post... I started watching TVG a couple of years ago leading up to the Derby.... I knew how the read the form and speed handicap, I would go to Lone Star & LA Downs four or five times a year. But, after watching The Works and Friday nights @ Hollywood Park, TVG transformed me to a daily player.

I play So Cal year round now... since then I've made trips to Santa Anita, the Fair Grounds, Hollywood Park, Churchill Downs... I saw my first Derby this year, I will be at Del Mar this summer.

Last year, I made the switch from DirecTV to Dish Network so I could see Santa Anita and Lone Star Park on HRTV... I've been very disapointed with HRTV's coverage, lack of coverage in Lone Star's case..

HRTV's coverage of Santa Anita is the best coverage of any of the tracks they cover..... But, if you compare TVG's coverage of Oak Tree to HRTV's coverage of Santa Anita's regular meet... TVG's coverage of Oak Tree is leaps and bounds better...

TVG is the next best thing to being there at TVG's feature tracks. HRTV never leaves Santa Anita. Santa Anita is "The Great Race Place", but why isn't there a full time crew at Churchill, Lone Star, Pimlico or any of the live tracks they carry!! Santa Anita's last live race was on April 22nd, why are they still there??? They had a crew at Churchill opening weekend and Derby week, why not now??'

HRTV's Target Louisville was a joke compared to TVG's The Works

Yes, I like most of you, I could do without Matt Carothers too. TVG isn't perfect... TVG VS CDI/TrackNet Media deal is bad.

If I were regular player of Arlington Park & Calder, I would be upset too!!! But I would lay the blame on your track's Parent Company's Tony Soprano like pressure that they are putting on TVG and the on-line services that carry the TVG tracks. What you kind of coverage would you give to tracks owned by someone trying to drive you out of business??

Also, I never played the Pick 4 either before TVG either

46zilzal
06-10-2007, 09:31 PM
What's a criton? Will he be riding Talamo?
think he is trying to describe pediatric hypothyroidism akin to Charles Emerson Wichester from the old M*A*S*H show.

PaceAdvantage
06-11-2007, 12:02 AM
I guess if you don't find anythng offensive about that flag....

Lots of people in this world find the current American flag offensive as well. If someone had a current American flag as an avatar, do you think I should also remove that flag? After all, some folks find it offensive.

From USFlag.Org:

Note: It is necessary to disclaim any connection of these flags to neo-nazis, red-necks, skin-heads and the like. These groups have adopted this flag and desecrated it by their acts. They have no right to use this flag - it is a flag of honor, designed by the confederacy as a banner representing state's rights and still revered by the South. In fact, under attack, it still flies over the South Carolina capitol building. The South denies any relation to these hate groups and denies them the right to use the flags of the confederacy for any purpose. The crimes committed by these groups under the stolen banner of the conderacy only exacerbate the lies which link the seccesion to slavery interests when, from a Southerner's view, the cause was state's rights.

And with that, this thread is closed.